RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Only Shea and Viv served superstars on the challenge imo

Yvie, Monet and Jaida were also good

Jinkx baby, put your theather kid personality aside on theses challenges, the charachter was so unnecessary

Edited by Afferty

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not like Viv's verse. It was very unpleasing to these ears, I fear she only won because Ru and Michelle love a low-hanging fruit British reference.

RuPaul: ... with special guest Touvée Loo

me: wait, was it not Tove Lo this week?

the Vivienne won me over with this episode, best runway, best performance, and another excellent lipsync - truly a legend. 

I thought the episode this week was pretty entertaining :jamming:

That being said, the performances were a bit disappointing and I didn't agree with the judging.

Shea and Monet ATE and deserved to be the Top2! :biblio: 

Raja and Trinity were probably the worst of the week unfortunately.

The second group had a cool idea, but the execution was sloppy, didn't read well, and also felt a bit cringey imo.

Viv and Yvie in the top was a damn choice, but Viv did EAT that lipsync and I live for her blocking Jinkx :rip: 

Yvie is the worst most cringeworthy winner. I’m convinced she is perpetually a thirteen year old who just discovered tumblr for the first time. 

How and Why did they decide this was Yvie's week to win?

Her performance in the challenge was 4th at best with Jaida being tied with her

and that's because the other 3 were really not giving

:biblio:

Shea and The Vivienne sould've been the top 2

with Monét coming in a close 3rd place 

:doc:

All in all the episode was really cute and entertaining

the Yvie win felt random to me, I barely noticed her throughout the episode and she didn't stand out that much during the challenge. i expected Shea to go top 2 but she didn't WOW me either.

the Viv carried this episode and i love that next week is another design challenge

Shea >

Viv >

Monet >

Jaida >

Jinkx >

Trinity >

Ross Matthews >

Yvie >

Raja

1 hour ago, Vagabond said:

I feel the same way, easily the most iconic lip sync performance(s) since Naomi’s Adrenaline 

:biblio: praying mantis stiffness

Monet is so cringey :biblionny:

No more stars for her, send her back to the pit stop.

Nice to see no "Raja was robbed' nonsense again, the lack of talent she possesses :bibliahh:

She's such a terrible performer, send her home.

Crown the Viv already, tbh. Truly between her and Jynx.

Jaida for 3rd.

2 hours ago, Afferty said:

Monet's reaction to Shea's joke about her being allergic to the choreography :lmao:

The producers should've edited that out, they must hate Shea :deadbanana4:

~~~

Shea's Dolly Parton was bad, and the lip sync was her same one note persona.

Yvie could've justifiably won in the Fairy Tale court / Graduation challenges, Raja is the real payola'd mess.

Miss me with the Yvie doesn't deserve her Legendary Legend Star :tsk:

agree that Shea should have been in the top over Yvie, group 1 was way better

a lot of the Dolly looks were ugly :rip: loved Viv's lip sync tho

On 6/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, GotMyBlueprint said:

You mean because the producers switched up her and Detox's lip-sync song to some niche song they kept seeing Jynx sing along to, all last minute? :flower2:

Season Six was a hot mess anyways, watch it again and try to justify Adore making it as far as she did, and how different everyone's standards were, at the judging panel. Bianca DeLa Bianco, at least was the correct winner, in the end.

Omg stop with these tea, don't you think the producers didn't want two white girls lip syncing to Free Your Mind ? :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Omg stop with these tea, don't you think the producers didn't want two white girls lip syncing to Free Your Mind ? :deadbanana2:

as if they cared about that lol

the producers weren't very PC minded back then..

wasn't You Got She-Mail a thing still?

• ATRL Moderator

This was kind of a challenge where you could justify almost anyone winning.... but not Yvie :deadbanana:

I also think maybe Viv should have been disqualified for the pink wig she wore in her performance :mandown:

Monet was robbed.

I thought after the first few eps that the season wouldn't be that payola'd but that's obviously changed in the last 2 eps, which is very disappointing. Keeping all the girls even with badges is boring af.

Im glad to see most people agree the judging is very random. Also it has gotten to a point where they are praising ugly **** like Yvie’s performance outfit, Jinkx and Shea runways :deadbanana4:

And this wasn’t a comedy challenge, Jinkx and Viv getting overpraised because of their jokes didn’t sit right with me while Monet and Shea “lost” despite taking the challenge seriously and delivered. The whole “make Ru laugh” thing is ruining the show. If you are a comedy queen, you immediately have a huge advantage. If you are a dancer, you’ll only have 1 or 2 challenges to showcase your talents 

Maybe it's because I'm British but I just didn't like the viv's verse but I guess it plays into what Ru and Michelle find funny and that's smart plus she killed the performance and the lip sync. 

That said I stand by my position that Shae and Monet did better. Felt like Monet/Shae > Viv > Jaida/Yvie. I do agree that this isn't really a comedy challenge yet the queens who went in a comedy direction seemed to have the upper hand here. I'm not factoring in the runway cos none of the looks massively offended me or wowed me enough to justify changing a placement. 

Are they actually ******* with the audience? Yvie winning... :rip:

I'm sorry but this is a 30 year old person acting 5 and it's NEVER funny. A therapist is needed at this point.

Jaida queen of the people that's right :jonny5:

The first group is so much better it's not even funny

Shea slayed the performance but both of her lewks were BOOT :rip:

Raja and Viv Dolton looks are so good :jonny5:

Yvie was so bad, both in performance and the lewk wtf :rip:

I want to **** Butch Ross, and he's hilarious for once :ahh:

A really fun challenge.  Vivienne's win was deserved though I would have put Monet or Shea in the top 2 over Yvie.

Yvie was hilarious in the lipsync though Vivienne just truly served Dolly the whole time during the song. 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was aroused by Masc Bob Ross :bird:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Codex said:

Why were they all wearing leotards? ? No one wore leotards before Hung Up…

Ginger Spice's ICONIC Union Jack leotard says otherwise.

rs_1024x759-131209121255-1024.spice-girls-97.cm.12913.jpg?fit=around%7C1024:759&output-quality=90&crop=1024:759;center,top

I'd also say Xtina's crochet leotard from the Dirrty era is pretty well known (2002)

7e9cfdb8f3a0815a48047e2c996e1373--christina-aguilera-dirrty-fashion-advice.jpg

Monet and Shea were uhh… clearly the best ? 

So, I guess we’re just gonna give stars out solely for storyline at this point. Well, that makes everything predictable then lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.