RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

its the wAy that ms willow pill has been completely absent since she won :jonny:

somethings going on

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, aayAlex said:

its the wAy that ms willow pill has been completely absent since she won :jonny:

somethings going on

Eclipsed and overshadowed by the previous winner I fear

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

15 minutes ago, aayAlex said:

somethings going on

Hopefully it's nothing to do with her health.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I mean you could flip the whole thing and say that regular seasons are edited in a way to make certain queens look bad even though it might not be the case. I’d say that the real gaslighting is happening during regular seasons, actually. 

Yeah I think this is more the case - like when you see the queens in real life they're all pretty funny or good at what they do and crowds are generally satisfied. It's half the power of the edit/necessity for drama to have high and low performers, and half just baked into the show format itself naturally, requiring all queens to do things you normally wouldn't see them do in real life.

8 hours ago, P.O.P said:

I don't care about that backstory drama.

However, I don't want to see off the rack (I don't care if it is ''CoUtURe!'', still off the rack) clothes on Drag Race. If I wanted to see haute couture, I would watch runway shows on Youtube.

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

I give Yvie ****, but im a FAN FAN so Ive seen all the interviews and I know Yvie REFUSES to spend money on drag like Shea or Mik would. She prefers and identifies heavily with the idea of creating your own illusion as expression moreso than being a "model" like a lot of queens have become and I appreciate that.

Yvie does feel like a drag queen to me, Shea now feels like a model and im torn on that right now. I dont want models, I want drag queens!

RuPauls_Drag_U_Draguation_Speeches__RuPa

Agreed on both fronts.

No shade but this is why I've kinda fallen out of love with tHeE Symone since initially being my fave on S13. When I found out how much she doesn't make her own stuff be it garments or hair... like chile does she even do her own makeup :rip: it's giving that tweet by Latrice. She's basically just a model who happens to do drag. It's far from only her of course, "Drag Model" seems to be all the rage these days and the most lucrative lane for a ru girl now that drag has become mainstream and celebrated in the beauty industry.

39 minutes ago, aayAlex said:

somethings going on

Kornball standing in the middle like she was a winner or even a finalist. :deadbanana2:

Willow honestly doesn't seem like she cares that much, didn't she say that she was thinking about taking a break right after it ended :rip:

43 minutes ago, Alejandrawrrr said:

No shade but this is why I've kinda fallen out of love with tHeE Symone since initially being my fave on S13. When I found out how much she doesn't make her own stuff be it garments or hair... like chile does she even do her own makeup :rip: it's giving that tweet by Latrice. She's basically just a model who happens to do drag. It's far from only her of course, "Drag Model" seems to be all the rage these days and the most lucrative lane for a ru girl now that drag has become mainstream and celebrated in the beauty industry.

Honestly this is my usually mindset when I express opinions on drag queens. Yes Yvie has looked a mess half of the times (if not more) this season, but at least those looks are something she probably did all by herself and I have mad respect for that (the same applies to queens like Jaida, Ra'Jah and Gigi, just to name a few recent ones). I'm on the fence with Shea because she's definitely been more reliant on designer and couture for AS5 and AS7's looks, but she proved time and time again she can put together a really good garment on her own. At the end of the day (almost) anyone can pay someone to look good and I can certainly appreciate a queen who knows her brand and how to look good, but I can't in good faith put them at the same level of those who put their body and soul into their art, no matter the outcome.

Not me rank Raja dead last :rip:, I love her but her speech was really neither on theme or interesting, quite force laugh :rip:

Not Symone can't do her own make up too :rip: I'm tired of people with little talent getting further in life because of push from others

Not you out of touch closeted racists acting as if 90% of queens post show don’t ever touch a sewing machine or style a wig ever again. Yvie, Raja, and sometimes Jaida are in the very small minority of queens who still do their own costuming.

Coming for Shea getting designer wear as if Jinkx and Viv put hand to a single garment they brought to the show with them. 

Anything to drag THEE I fear 

Jaida >>>>>> current Shea >>>>>> Symone (overrated to high heavens) :cm:

Edited by killer_rose

3 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Jaida >>>>>> current Shea >>>>>> Symone (overrated to high heavens) :cm:

Wow that’s the exact opposite order of how successful they are 

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Ok success stan. 

Jaida Essence Hall & Symone are the strongest winners of modern Drag Race.

The impact in American politics Symone had the moment she hugged THE vice-president of the United States.

Y'all faves could NEVER

I agree with some of the comments here. The problem I had with Shea’s look is how little input she had. The styling choices she added (the bracelets and the overcoat) were literally the worst part of the looks :skull:

There’s nothing wrong with wearing designer on the show, per se. For example, I loved Kahmora wearing/worshipping vintage Bob Mackie. But you could see that she studied her look and created a clear aesthetic for herself. 

Basically, the larger issue is how they are praised to high-heavens for something they did the bare-minimum for. For example, Mik winning the Ball for her two Diego Montoya looks when her own work was SHITE. So it comes down to “who has the most money or the best connections”. 

Then you have the likes of Violet who actively criticises when a queen wears a look that is a designer recreation (i.e. Monét’s gorgeous Schiaparelli look or Widow’s Chanel recreation). It just becomes elitist and pretty much the anthesis of drag origins (or at least Ballroom drag, which the show is built on). 

52 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Not you out of touch closeted racists acting as if 90% of queens post show don’t ever touch a sewing machine or style a wig ever again. Yvie, Raja, and sometimes Jaida are in the very small minority of queens who still do their own costuming.

Coming for Shea getting designer wear as if Jinkx and Viv put hand to a single garment they brought to the show with them. 

Anything to drag THEE I fear 

Wasn’t Viv a fashion designer before she was on her original season? I am curious to know how many of the girls who used to do a majority of their own costuming and wigs still do them now? 

For the speeches in this episode, Raja, Viv, and Jinkx were my top three, Monet, Trinity, and Yvie were all pretty interchangeable in the middle and Shea and Jaida were my least favorite. 

The point is that some of these queens don't really have many more talents other than turning out a cute look

If they are not even part of the creative process and they are just wearing what designers hand them, then they are no other than charismatic models

Every time I come in this thread all y’all talk about is your weird Symone hate :deadbanana2:

——

Yvie was robbed this week. Should have replaced Raja. Jinx deserved tho 

cmon these r like the lamest challenges everrrrr

Jaida is def my fave winner in recent years, she's probably the regular season winner I've enjoyed the most since Bob won tbh.

I know a lot of people didn't vibe with Season 12 for the obvious reasons, but overlooking that I think 12 was the most recent drag race season that I truly connected with mainly since it was the early days of the pandemic when it was coming out and I just remember it being like a super comforting show then. And Jaida was my fave then so seeing her pull off a somewhat not expected win when the white teenage fanbase was so much more behind Gigi/Crystal was really fun and cathartic to me. And I think between her lives, the new podcast, and some of the vlogs that guy did of the drive n drag shows I've been able to get plenty of her charming kooky personality since then. 

I like Symone a lot and think she could be one of my faves too, but I connect to the girls more when I get to know their personality more and I've gotten that from her in doses here and there, but she's definitely been a winner more like Violet/Sasha/Aquaria in their early days where the main source of Symone content is photos of looks and stuff like that which isn't really where my interest in drag lies. But I feel like that is pretty common for most winners following their first year off the show so possible she'll grow on me more in the coming years like a lot of winners have.

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Honestly this is my usually mindset when I express opinions on drag queens. Yes Yvie has looked a mess half of the times (if not more) this season, but at least those looks are something she probably did all by herself and I have mad respect for that (the same applies to queens like Jaida, Ra'Jah and Gigi, just to name a few recent ones). I'm on the fence with Shea because she's definitely been more reliant on designer and couture for AS5 and AS7's looks, but she proved time and time again she can put together a really good garment on her own. At the end of the day (almost) anyone can pay someone to look good and I can certainly appreciate a queen who knows her brand and how to look good, but I can't in good faith put them at the same level of those who put their body and soul into their art, no matter the outcome.

I agree, Shea is my girl and I KNOW she has it because we saw her looks and she made some on S9, she has the coin now so it makes sense, but I dont prefer it.

I cannot see anyone on this earth beating Gigi Goode on All Stars, ******* may as well not even agree to join the season.

She is gonna DEMOLISH that runway.

Edited by satellites.™

But weren’t they all given money by production so they could bring good looks??? Did Yvie just put her money in the bank?

Edited by Fetch

2 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

giphy.gif

DistantInsistentErmine-size_restricted.g

Envisioning a universe where Shea and Monét lip sync to The Boy Is Mine 

2 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Ok success stan. 

I was told Talent Always Wins.

And it does

37 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I like Symone a lot and think she could be one of my faves too, but I connect to the girls more when I get to know their personality more and I've gotten that from her in doses here and there, but she's definitely been a winner more like Violet/Sasha/Aquaria in their early days where the main source of Symone content is photos of looks and stuff like that which isn't really where my interest in drag lies. 

You can catch THEE in theaters this September

Not everyone No one else has that

27 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

giphy.gif

DistantInsistentErmine-size_restricted.g

I don't understand the Symone hate. She's literally so likeable. Probably one of the most charismatic queens ever from the show.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.