RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

For me Viv and Raja were the best this episode.

Besides Michelle should stop saying "Jinkx's come a long journey with her fashion. We have to give her credit for that." no you don't. On the other side she was always funny so why you praise Jinkx for her comedy skills? You should compete her to the rest 7 queens, not to her younger self. 

That being said Jinkx's look was really good :smile:

Giving Viv a star is smart in short term since she can't win one next week. But in the long run I think the safest move would be to give both stars to Yvie. The Vivienne is gaining momentum right now.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

This is possibly why they took so long to give Raja the win. She clearly won't go out of her way to lipsync and dance, that was never her strong suit. I believe this will be her last win. Also im worried for Jinx if she makes top 4 because how will she compete vs Shea/Jaida/Yvie in a lipsync.

-------

IMO Jinx and Raja deserved top 2. Viv was excellent but she played a drunk character which wasn't very original especially for a graduation speech. I feel like that's an easy idea. Raja and Jinx went a very creative route, and both served on the runways. It should've been a top 3 to be fair but overall Raja definitely earned this star after being overlooked the past few episodes. 

36 minutes ago, Breathin said:

This is possibly why they took so long to give Raja the win. She clearly won't go out of her way to lipsync and dance, that was never her strong suit. I believe this will be her last win. Also im worried for Jinx if she makes top 4 because how will she compete vs Shea/Jaida/Yvie in a lipsync.

-------

IMO Jinx and Raja deserved top 2. Viv was excellent but she played a drunk character which wasn't very original especially for a graduation speech. I feel like that's an easy idea. Raja and Jinx went a very creative route, and both served on the runways. It should've been a top 3 to be fair but overall Raja definitely earned this star after being overlooked the past few episodes. 

I pretty much discovered Raja's talents this season and I have so much respect for her, but if that's the way she lipsyncs I don't want to see her in the finale because... what's the point

5 hours ago, D e v o n said:

It’s already been revealed the queens with badges will be competing in a lipsync smack down. Like.. episode one when the twist was revealed :skull: 

Maybe you missed my point, but we are set up to assume the points will still even matter by then but I’m predicting that they won’t bc the playing field will all even out, hence the need for a LS smackdown between all 8 queens to see which 4 make the finale. 

11 hours ago, D e v o n said:

I don't see how Jinkx was predictable. Predictable, for me, would be making jokes about ******* the entire faculty -- or taking the easy route and playing a drunk.

To quote the legendary miss Phi Phi O'Hara... I said I FELT :ahh: 

6 hours ago, P.O.P said:

I pretty much discovered Raja's talents this season and I have so much respect for her, but if that's the way she lipsyncs I don't want to see her in the finale because... what's the point

Raja could probably turn out a sexy song but that song choice was awful for Raja and Jinkx. Like was there not budget for songs that actually fit these winners? Imagine they give Yvie a Fancy like they did Kennedy too :skull: 

Horrible

I think overall this episode raja and the viv should have been top two. that lip sync :deadbanana: 

17 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Well The Viv chose to play a drunken mess character. She could have went a different direction if she wanted her speech to have an inspirational moment. The Viv was funny, but missed the assignment. 

Why not take a risk rather than doing the same old thing? Why is she penalised for that? C'mon it's an all WINNERS season ffs.

That lipsync was a MESS! My least favorite so far.

Raja's runway look tho :jonny5::jonny5:

7 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Playing a drunk is extremely safe & predictable, there is nothing risky about a drag queen pretending to be drunk  

In the context of THIS challenge? I feel like it's a nice change of pace.. Do you have a lot of drunk valedictorians at your school grads?

Edited by KasioKas

Jinkx should not have been top 2 for this:doc:

It was clearly Raja and Viv who stomped on the others:michael:

I guess they didn’t want Viv becoming the frontrunner :skull:

Jinkx being top 2 was definitely for storyline purpose :lakitu:

5 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Nice change of pace sure but she was one of like three queens to play up a character so even that wasn't unique or different from the group, and out of all the characters was the most predictable when it comes to drag tropes.  She was funny but nothing about the choice to play drunk was special 

Agree to disagree, my initial point still stands that due to the choice she made, risky or not, the inclusion of inspiration wasn't needed nor was it in the challenge brief if I remember correctly, others inclded it sure, but Viv should't be penalised if she was instead consistent throughout the challenge more that the others in maintaining that char, funny and visually accurate as well. In that sense she took a risk and I thnk it paid off and was top 2 worthy. She didn't falter once. Period.

10 hours ago, Relampago. said:

The lipsync was abysmal :skull: I love Raja but oof. Jinkx winning lipsyncs by default this season too :skull: 

The challenge was cute. Imo Viv and Jaida were the best but Raja was 3rd for me and Jinkx… I thought the car story was boring but whatever.

Cute runway, but I wish that there were more interesting takes on veil, although idk what I expected.

I don't think you understood the car story if you thought it was boring

1 minute ago, CovalentBondage said:

I don't think you understood the car story if you thought it was boring

I understood it. I just thought it was dragged out. I don’t think Jinkx was deserving of top 2 this week like many others in this thread :michael: 

It wasn’t a particularly complicated story :skull: 

• ATRL Moderator

Jinkx’s car story was lowkey serving Tia Kofi talking about Eddie Murphy 

Met Jaida last night she was super sweet 

Jinkx's car story was not anything special but her conclusion out of it was very smart and her story telling was very impressive so she was definitely a stand out this week :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Even if you give Viv zero points in the "inspirational" category she was still hilarious and still outranks most of the other girls :rip: Some had good inspirational moments but weren't really funny at all while most were just slightly funny and slightly inspirational.

Ultimately, the queens had to write original content, workshop it with a famous comedian, make a set list order, etc.: this was a comedy challenge first and foremost. When half the girls didn't even get a chuckle out of me I just can't accept arguments for why Viv wasn't top two other than riggory, period.

Tinfoil - the lipsync songs suck bc they know they want to push Jinkx :lakitu: They're not gonna give the ***** a Physical/Shut Up and Drive moment to get ate up to, since this season has a few (hypothetical) LSAs... Not that that matters, since Yvie can't get a win :rip:

Overall the lipsyncs are generally disappointing, and surprisingly so are the runways. I thought after ep 1 this was gonna be the best runway season ever hands down, but only really Jaida and Raja have been serving it every week.

19 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

How come nobody posted The Pit Stop yet?

Both Bob and Manila think that Jinkx was the best :clap3:

31 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

How come nobody posted The Pit Stop yet?

The way Bob kissing Raja ass is so satisfying to me, top 3 winners stanning each other :jonny5:

Manilla always looks correct, her taste >>>>>>>>>>> Symone's

• ATRL Moderator

God, Manila was so unfunny and uncharismatic :deadbanana4: We need better guests this season.

FS5P45hUEAApTY2?format=jpg&name=small

Thinking about this today... What a mess.

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I understood it. I just thought it was dragged out. I don’t think Jinkx was deserving of top 2 this week like many others in this thread :michael: 

It wasn’t a particularly complicated story :skull: 

Right. What kinda "to be fair you need to have a very high IQ to understand Jinkx Monsoon's car story" :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.