RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

5 hours ago, terrijoe said:

Roxy won by standing in a simple clean dress that is local bar ready. (For a Tuesday night) She won fair and square but for everyone calling her mother or acting like it's  the greatest thing they've ever seen on that stage!!?  The way this fandom push themselves to think an average bar performance gives "mother" is laughable. Y'all always do this with nostalgic acts. Stop it.  Roxy is a large girl. Big girls always slay the "take me to church" songs with just standing.  That large facial surface area will undoubtedly help her with emoting with minimal effort.  Not fat shaming just facts. The bigger you are the more presence you have.  Emotion is easier to pick up on that stage if your thicc.  Someone said it here, plastique is too pretty for all these songs. Give her a K-pop or pussyacat doll sex bop and shed slay It. The nostalgia is blinding yall with this Roxy inflated appreciation. 

This is so true but "mothering" aside, I loved Roxy's performance bc it's exactly what the song needed and sth we wouldn't see in case it was two new girls up there. A drag queen serving realness and having a church taking moment is a rare sight to see on drag race nowadays. Plastique looking like a VS model and being unable to emote would only get outmehed by Jorgeous.

• Like 2

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like every winner of a season needs at least one "moment" to solidify why they are the frontrunner for the crown. Roxxxy had that moment with the lipsync and she is my bet to win this season in the next couple of weeks. It tied up her good performance throughout the season with a delicious cherry on top. Unless she really falters the next couple of weeks, but I don't see this happening.

Angeria is def on Roxxxy's tail but I don't think Angeria has had a moment like that yet, just a consistently good performance.

Nymphia got her crown with her design challenge look and REALLY sealed the deal with the boba tea reveal. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, terrijoe said:

Roxy won by standing in a simple clean dress that is local bar ready. (For a Tuesday night) She won fair and square but for everyone calling her mother or acting like it's  the greatest thing they've ever seen on that stage!!?  The way this fandom push themselves to think an average bar performance gives "mother" is laughable. Y'all always do this with nostalgic acts. Stop it.  Roxy is a large girl. Big girls always slay the "take me to church" songs with just standing.  That large facial surface area will undoubtedly help her with emoting with minimal effort. 

End that overrated granny.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

I feel like every winner of a season needs at least one "moment" to solidify why they are the frontrunner for the crown. Roxxxy had that moment with the lipsync and she is my bet to win this season in the next couple of weeks. It tied up her good performance throughout the season with a delicious cherry on top. Unless she really falters the next couple of weeks, but I don't see this happening.

Angeria is def on Roxxxy's tail but I don't think Angeria has had a moment like that yet, just a consistently good performance.

Nymphia got her crown with her design challenge look and REALLY sealed the deal with the boba tea reveal. 

Nymphia won with the book challenge to me. She showed that she can be serious and deliver tough topics while Plane actively avoided it with humor. That's where they switch their placements to me.

And I think Angeria has way more shining moments than Roxxxy so far. She's naturally charismatic, shows her growths and a versatile queen. She and Plastique, I would root for those in the top 2.

• Like 1

Plastique was doing SO well before she dropped to the floor for absolutely no reason (again!)

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, terrijoe said:

Someone said it here, plastique is too pretty for all these songs. Give her a K-pop or pussyacat doll sex bop and shed slay It.

Plastique had "Super Freaky Girl" that could've been right up her alley and still flopped

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, terrijoe said:

Roxy won by standing in a simple clean dress that is local bar ready. (For a Tuesday night) She won fair and square but for everyone calling her mother or acting like it's  the greatest thing they've ever seen on that stage!!?  The way this fandom push themselves to think an average bar performance gives "mother" is laughable. Y'all always do this with nostalgic acts. Stop it.  Roxy is a large girl. Big girls always slay the "take me to church" songs with just standing.  That large facial surface area will undoubtedly help her with emoting with minimal effort.  Not fat shaming just facts. The bigger you are the more presence you have.  Emotion is easier to pick up on that stage if your thicc.  Someone said it here, plastique is too pretty for all these songs. Give her a K-pop or pussyacat doll sex bop and shed slay It. The nostalgia is blinding yall with this Roxy inflated appreciation. 

Oh and today's pit stop featuring Thorgy. Yikes. Awful. Probably the most boring season of pitstop to date minus violet and mistress. (Honorable mention Kandy) her choices for guests are :biblio:

This energy is very TOO

can we get a dupe check?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2024 at 6:43 PM, Hephaestus said:

How f*cking dumb of the producers to put the snipping gimmick in this season and not making it work ONCE in 8 episodes :toofunny3:

I think it has to do with this being a charity season. 

On AS7, the blocking drama was rather playful and the drama was based on it really blocking some of the girls from getting badges. I believe Viv would have been in the finale or Trinity would have gone to finale directly if it wasn't for their blocks.

Here however,  queens take the blocking way too seriously and that's the drama that comes with it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

I think it has to do with this being a charity season. 

On AS7, the blocking drama was rather playful and the drama was based on it really blocking some of the girls from getting badges. I believe Viv would have been in the finale or Trinity would have gone to finale directly if it wasn't for their blocks.

Here however,  queens take the blocking way too seriously and that's the drama that comes with it.

I think it's the editing being weird again. AS7 was full of backstage dramas from the leaks and from how the queens reacted during airing. There could be more dramas on that season but the producers decided to make it overtly positive wiped all those out and that doesn't reflect the reality when they were filming.

skipped the last two episodes, I really couldn't care less about this season... Pit Stop with Thorgy was sufficient though, LOVE HER  :gaycat:

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

I wouldn't mind that production is clearly trying to rig the season for Roxxxy (that JUMP SCARE makeover winning is still WILD :lmao: :lmao:) if she at least was slaying the runway, but she's been SO mediocre there. Even all the recap shows are being honest about that. Her materials look cheap, her concepts are obvious, and her mug is hit-or-miss. For how much she was hyped, her showing is a letdown for anyone who can look at her objectively. 

Trinity spilled saying she had a better runway package on AS2 :coffee2:

• Like 11

Roxxxy has been a total DUD. I think she's lowkey tarnished her reputation ala Pandora by going back on all-stars

Somehow... It hasn't hit Shannel, even though she's objectively done terribly. I guess I just really like Shannel. 

xUPGcwGwV5a8buFLxe.webp

It kinda feels like Roxxxy has taken the corniest parts of her personality and made them the star (for a lack of better words) this season

16 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

sth we wouldn't see in case it was two new girls up there. 

Mistress Isabelle Brooks, Angeria, Symone, etc 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2024 at 12:17 AM, magic said:

Ok personally I want Gotmik to win she is just that *****. But something that really bothers me about this show is when a queen slays early challenges but then does average later so it seems like they fell off and are less deserving of the crown. For example gotmik SLAYED episodes 2 and 3 but since it was so early on it kinda seems like she fell off. But if someone wins the episodes right before the finale it seems more impressive and more deserving to win. 

On 6/28/2024 at 11:35 PM, KasioKas said:

Nymphia covers VOGUE

:clap3:

VOGUE 7月號封面,妮妃雅 自由如風

VG334-2.jpg

33417-5_V.jpg0527_Nymphia_M_Vogue%2017%2011%2036_V.jpg33417-2_V.jpg0527_Nymphia_M_Vogue20%2019%2013_V.jpg

These comments being back to back is PERFECT, since that is literally what happened to Nymphia, and she still won. At the end of the day, I don't think RuPaul gives a **** about trajectory, and rather remembers your shining moments and judges based on that

RuPaul also loves Gottmik... And his love for Plastique has always felt a bit forced. That being said, Gottmik needs to get out of her head, 'cause it's not looking GORGE for ha

• Like 1

22 hours ago, terrijoe said:

Oh and today's pit stop featuring Thorgy. Yikes. Awful. Probably the most boring season of pitstop to date minus violet and mistress. (Honorable mention Kandy) her choices for guests are :biblio:

you took it too far at the end !!

iPizTq.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

Roxxxy has been a total DUD. I think she's lowkey tarnished her reputation ala Pandora by going back on all-stars

Given how badly she did on AS2, I think her AS9 appearance repaired her reputation actually :rip:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

Mistress Isabelle Brooks, Angeria, Symone, etc 

I mean the kind of new girls who don't know how to emote a lipsync but the fandom still lives for them simply bc they're...

tumblr_nlqib9xRHL1ropm48o3_250.gif

Plastique, Jorgeous, the twins, etc all fall under this category.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I mean the kind of new girls who don't know how to emote a lipsync but the fandom still lives for them simply bc they're...

The Jorgeous sneak.

She can emote when she feels the song.

• Thumbs Down 4

Roxxxy WHOOPING the s14 innocence out of Angeria is singlehandedly the most remarkable thing to watch this season tbh.

• Haha 3

This season has been cute so far but it's not really that exciting. The older queens realy just took the stipend money and ran with it cuz they clearly didn't invest it in their package, which is fine, considering there are no eliminations. I also feel like none of these girls want to win, theyre just happy to be there and get their screen time. No stakes. 

Also, the people saying Roxxy did great in that lip sync but she was also helped by the fact that all the other ones from the season have been lackluster. The songs have been pretty whatever and the girls just dont...have that spark. 

54 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Given how badly she did on AS2, I think her AS9 appearance repaired her reputation actually :rip:

She already wasn't seen as a dislikable bully anymore because of AS2 and her Read U Wrote U verse has kind of achieved the only cringe cult classic status of the series. THEE thing that she was known for, fashion, was solidified through the AS2 runway

AS9? She's corny, her costumes look homemade (derogatory), and she still sucks at the rest. Her shining moments have been "You can't read the dawl!" and the snipper dramatics... :chick3:

With Plastique and Gottmik dominating the runway, it's really giving out with the old and in with the new

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

I agree lmao, but plastique lowkey came up through club performances with Alyssa Edwards. So far, they've given the girl with an accent: a rap song and gospel (Drag Race version) music... to the girl that said she didn't even know beyonce...

Idk, but remember AS6 when literally every win was accompanied with a fitting lip sync song? What happened to that energy 

3 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

I agree lmao, but plastique lowkey came up through club performances with Alyssa Edwards. So far, they've given the girl with an accent: a rap song and gospel (Drag Race version) music... to the girl that said she didn't even know beyonce...

Idk, but remember AS6 when literally every win was accompanied with a fitting lip sync song? What happened to that energy 

AS7 also had some weird lip sync song choices. Maybe since they're paying all the girls to be on the whole season they had to cut back somewhere? Hell, AS8 had better lip sync choices than AS9 - and that's saying something. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.