RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

34 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Highly doubtful. The queens sign NDA's which prevent them from saying that they were even cast on the show. Most queens had to hide what they were doing when they went to go film and a few probably had some sort of NDA that the club owners and designers had to sign if they gave out any details. Notice how none of the queens ever admit that they're on the seasons before the queens are officially announced?

Could've swore there we certain Chicago queens that did... :smiley:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the last good All Stars season was AS6

l0Z3ZdX.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is the Pit Stop for Episode 2 not up? 

Not me realising just now that ´ruby snippers´ is a pun on ruby slippers

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KFC said:

Both of those girls have been completely Rajah O'Hara'd :rip:

2 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Tamar, have you seen AS1, or 2? :rip:

Shannel looked like an angel when the gurls read Mimi to shreds. She ain't fighting nobody this season.

True but once a bad ***** , always a bad ***** 

Seriously what mean is that both of them are stong personalities that ain't afraid to express an opinion and if there was a case of a drama they would elevate it 

Episode 1 was absolutely AW-FUL

Like, even my worst season of drag race (AS6) had a strong start. WTF was that ?

Anyways, Plastique is the strongest queen so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

The girls will still find a way to drag her but the vision she has and the beauty she has is far above what a lot of girls, even outside of this season, are still bringing to the table

A WOMAN :jonny5:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

People screaming "we need elims, otherwise its trash" are SO shortsighted. Your favorite drag queens will NEVER compete if there's potential they get eliminated in Episode 2 or 3. There's too much at stake (cancelling bookings, wasting money on outfits, etc). We are talking thousands and thousands of dollars

You want ur fav drag queen to compete again? Then u better support the non-elim format

i wish there was an inbetween, bc it f*cking sucks that the show has become this toothless kumbaya no stakes bullsh*t bc of...honestly everyone on all ends, the producers, the fans, and even the queens :deadbanana2:

like, i feel like if we kept the stipends for competing + runways, and then just gave them as much exposure over the season, it would still be a lucrative investment for most queens. like imagine, with a cast of 12 queens

EP1: Non-elim

EP2-6: Elims (12-8th place)

EP7: Return challenge w/ elim (7th place)

EP8-9: Elim (6-5th place)

EP10: S16 style LaLaPaRuZa (8 queens, 7 lipsyncs)

EP11: Reunion (Queen of the Fame Games Winner here)

EP12:  Finale (LIVE LIKE REGULAR SEASONS)

paid for being there, get to show off all their runways, other ways to still get money with runways/lipsyncs, and even the first outs would still appear in half the season MINIMUM. its a MUCH better deal than earlier all stars where queens like coco, thorgy, farrah, derrick, etc etc only appeared in 1/2 episodes with a poor edit, and hopefully the girls would be here for it. would much rather this than as7/9 format :michael:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The girls will still find a way to drag her but the vision she has and the beauty she has is far above what a lot of girls, even outside of this season, are still bringing to the table

I was coming to post this from instagram. The ***** has vision!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Bitchhhh GIF by giphystudios2021
… that was extra as **** in all the right ways. She really looked at the other girls and said, "Hold My Purse"… 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

most of our popgirl fave's fragrance ads do not have that budget :skull:

Edited by Afferty
  • Haha 2

Oh miss Plastique said I'm eating tonight!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 5:44 PM, Darkgalord said:

No comment…

On 5/16/2024 at 11:28 AM, Hephaestus said:

There's the spoiler thread for that :mandown:

I'm still waiting for the day we see legend, icon and star Jazell Barbie Royale on Drag Race :WAP:

Didn't she date demon lavato

Gotmikk her fashions did not disappoint this season. 

That scream look, good god, jesus take wheel, so good. That might have topped her finale look. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I love the non elimination format because I watch all stars for the girls. It sucks that we never Coco or Chi Chi lip syncing on their seasons (they fixed that with the Lalaparuza on Season 4, but still was not enough). It sucks that Derrick didn't make it to Snatch Game. It sucks that Kennedy only got ballads for her lip syncs. And every all stars season gets worse and worse when there's less people in the work room because there's no storylines (AS8 getting all the way to top 2 was stupid). These people already know each other, there's nothing to build from there. And when you keep cutting queens you're missing the interactions. :michael:

"But there's nothing at stake!!!1!1!1" There's nothing at stake either in an elimination format when we all knew Jimbo, Shea, Alaska or Chad were winning their seasons the moment they walked in. Like… :deadbanana4: Having no eliminations actually gives the girls who weren't cast to win it a chance to prove they deserve it instead of sending them home after 2 or 3 challenges.

Edited by Draper.

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Didn't she date demon lavato

idk, what's the tea? :celestial5:

we need Gia on a non-elim season btw 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

we need Gia on a non-elim season btw 

OMG why did no one thought about this. 

''I don't wanna die, thank you''

''You girls look ... goood''

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There has to be some in-between sweet spot with the idea of non-elimination vs. regular AS format seasons. I love getting to see all the queens more because it's heartbreaking when you finally get a queen back and she's off the show in like two episodes over a crappy format/judging. However, having the entire cast there the whole time playing for charity makes the show drag a bit and fosters this "no stakes, kumbaya" vibe throughout the entire process that makes it boring to watch. Like there were some moments that were great to see in the first two episodes, but it was all sort of whatever because there's no real threat of going home or losing the prize. Even the cutting drama feels sanitized and unserious because they're all going to the final episode anyway so who really cares if you can't get a badge. I don't know, I'm happy we get to see what everyone will bring in the challenges and on the main stage, but I just have a hard time getting into this being a competition or any of the drama being real.

The other reality of the situation is that they're going to have a hard time getting the cast they want to commit to an All Stars season with eliminations due to the amount of money it costs and opportunities that have to be canceled because of it. It's a big risk for the queens to take and so I understand why they wouldn't want to commit unless there are insurances that their commitment will be worth it. It really is a catch 22 that I don't have a great solution for, so hopefully they can take the feedback from this season and adjust it to something that works mutually for both the show and the queens committing to it :celestial5:

• Like 2

GN_HvmxXwAAwyWf?format=jpg&name=large

thoughts? :coffee2:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, unino said:

GN_HvmxXwAAwyWf?format=jpg&name=large

thoughts? :coffee2:

she changed more than her mug, right?

While I do agree that this feels very low-stakes, I actually really enjoyed the first two episodes.

I'm having fun with most of this cast and I think they've been brining it competitively as well.

I also think the judging has been pretty spot on so far!

The only thing I would've maybe switched is Plastique in the Top2 EP1 instead of Jorgeous, but the Top4s in both episodes and the winners of EP2 were spot on imo.

So far I'm, as most people it seems, the most impressed with Plastique :alexz: Her runways have been NEXT LEVEL and she did very well in the performance EP1 too.

• Like 1

Are we going to be submitting votes for each week here at ATRL? I love when we tally how each queen performed according to our votes like for AS7.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.