RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I have to applaud Plastique and Jorgeous for showing up with 10% of a personality which is 9% more than they had on their original seasons. Growth :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Nina still trying to give Miss congeniality with her "props to roxxxy for" ok girl 

her and shannel just sort of…ending up together lollllll why did shannel make it sound like she wasn't into it :laugh:

edit: shannel like desperately trying to get jorgeous or angeria to join in their convo :laugh: 

Edited by FLAallday
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I loved both of the episodes but I didn't like the lip syn between Gottmik and Plastique, I would have loved to see Nina lip sync that tbh 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

People screaming "we need elims, otherwise its trash" are SO shortsighted. Your favorite drag queens will NEVER compete if there's potential they get eliminated in Episode 2 or 3. There's too much at stake (cancelling bookings, wasting money on outfits, etc). We are talking thousands and thousands of dollars

You want ur fav drag queen to compete again? Then u better support the non-elim format

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Eat The Acid said:

Nina.. sis… 

i rewatched it multiple times and she honestly did great :michael:

I have said this before but I wish they would add the queens' cash app @ in their confessional headers. 

3 hours ago, FLAallday said:

Nina still trying to give Miss congeniality with her "props to roxxxy for" ok girl 

her and shannel just sort of…ending up together lollllll why did shannel make it sound like she wasn't into it :laugh:

edit: shannel like desperately trying to get jorgeous or angeria to joy in their convo :laugh: 

at that moment, it was AS1 all over again, it's traumatic for her :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

Okay I love the new Pit Stop set, it looks chic and futuristic. Now the episode itself :mandown:

7 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Someone on Reddit had a good idea for non elimination seasons. To ensure that there's still some sort of drive and competitiveness, the bottom two get blocked automatically and the top two lip sync for the win and $10,000. Idk about two blocks but maybe the winner can only pick from the bottom two to block? 

I think they should be stealing money from each other, would be the only real way to create an organic competitiveness. But even then there are some loopholes.  

And on top of that they should do a scoreboard so it's visual who's leading the pack and who dropped the ball. 

The current condition is very like let's not make the fanbase mad. 

This season is for charity for those shenanigans won't make sense (taking money from each other and stuffs). Let's hope the format does well and then next AS would be non-elimination but with more competitive tweaks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stan said:

I don't know what they were thinking with this non elimination format.
You can literally tell during the first episode already that the girls do not give a ****, screaming and laughing about „for Charityyyy!1!" 

I blame these stupid „omg uwu i love <3 all the queenns" ass fans requesting the non elimination format for non winners seasons. 
This is a ******* reality tv competition and at the end of the day i wanna be entertained & thats not happening if there are no stakes 

They (the producers) don't really have a choice. It's this format or having no show at all, because even the first out queens don't even wanna come back to regular AS now. And last season was as bad as it comes.

I'm gonna need Shannel to speak the **** up… she's been invisible these two episodes. Between the Morgan McMichaels mug and the lack of screen time I'm gonna cry fr. Or at least bring back the cvnty thin brows with piercing green eyes like…

:clack:

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I didn't enjoy any elements about these first 2 eps.

The cast isn't doing it for me. 

Gotmik's connections make everything they present less impressive or surprising. 

The chemistry seems forced, or not there at all. 

Jorgeous has one facial expression. 

Vanessa still serving pedestrian. 

N*na West. 

And there's no stakes at all, so any talk of competitiveness or alliances comes off producer forced & meaningless.

I appreciate the non elimination format, but the lack of prize money on top of that makes this so stale. The season is giving tax write off. 

Edited by FOCK
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I swear since season 12 you guys always come in here saying how every season sucks and that you cant get into it, for yall to turn around on the last 4 episodes.

Ep 1 was great. I agree with the top 2. Angeria and Jorgeous turned it out during their verse and outside of their verses as well. Like come on guys, Jorgeous was going ro be top 2 when the queens gave her all the production after her verse (i.e spotlight to the dancing, that whole production of checking on her while she was getting up, and then literally circling around her fighting off the dancers). That was a straight setup for her to win. Then she literally threw her choreographing the number to Ru which is what put her on top. Angie was also in the number 100% of the time where there are moments where Plastique kinda stops moving. Love Vanjie too but her runway killed her (especially on a season where they gave you a runway budget, the runways need to matter). But everyone did well, and we literally got what amounts to three or four challenges in one episode.

Ep 2 was fun as well, and everything down to the top 2 was correct. That lipsync was bad, but it was so bad for both of them that i can justify giving Mik the win.

As for eliminations if it were that season

Ep 1: Shannel (sorry girl but 👀👀)

Ep 2: Angeria (along with the tradition that winning the first episode lands you in the bottom)

and going ahead to get my next prediction out:

Ep 3: Jorgeous (we know the ***** cant do snatch game, and if its between her and plastiqueeeeeeeeeee, the girls wouldnt let plastique go home).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karron0624 said:

I swear since season 12 you guys always come in here saying how every season sucks and that you cant get into it, for yall to turn around on the last 4 episodes.

The regular seasons have actually been improving since season 14; seasons 15 and 16 were an improvement. (Seasons 11 and 13 were kinda awful, though).

The All Stars format has been hit or miss since AS4:

- AS5 was boring because the crown was for Shea.
- AS6 was kinda cute, I guess.
- AS7 was a good season because we never thought we would see the crowned queens competing again.
- AS8 was kinda boring because Jimbo was dominating the competition.
- AS9, I don't feel excited to tune in for the next episode, but I hope Roxy slays everyone.

We're on episode number 2 and Gottmik has already won a lipsync, oh this going to be a very long season

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This season is a bit kumbaya or whatever. But they probably play it nice for charity and most of the gurls are not the fighting types to begin with. But let's think of a future when the girls who *do* fight get together for a full season, like what if Derrick Barry stays the whole time.

3 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

This season is a bit kumbaya or whatever. But they probably play it nice for charity and most of the gurls are not the fighting types to begin with. But let's think of a future when the girls who *do* fight get together for a full season, like what if Derrick Barry stays the whole time.

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

Most are the girls are not the fighting ones ??? 

Gurl you have Roxxxy and Channel 🤣🤣🤣

The problem is this season is completely scripted 

All of them will look nice amazing and stunning . They will all win at least one challenge , they will all love each other etc etc 

And it looks like every all star season from now on will be the same 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Gurl you have Roxxxy and Channel

Both of those girls have been completely Rajah O'Hara'd :rip:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

All of them will look nice amazing and stunning . They will all win at least one challenge , they will all love each other etc etc 

Tamar, have you seen AS1, or 2? :rip:

Shannel looked like an angel when the gurls read Mimi to shreds. She ain't fighting nobody this season.

Edited by Rep2000

Do we know if any of the queens had a welcome home party at their home club after they filmed drag race? :sherlock:

1 minute ago, DivaDown said:

Do we know if any of the queens had a welcome home party at their home club after they filmed drag race? :sherlock:

This is a very specific question 

22 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

I think this season they're keeping it cute because it's for charity and also a huge PR move. Of course here going to want to keep it GP friendly…ish. We had plenty of drama last all stars and… well? Let's just say it didn't help the season. In a time when drag bans and anti-trans bills are being drawn up (and passed) right and left, having a polished - if dull - season where drag queens raise a bunch of money for a bunch of different charities can only be seen as a good thing. 

Next season though? If it's non elimination I want some **** stirrers in the show and something to give them some sort of reason to be more competitive. I get that they still want to win the crown this season (and I feel like the winner is going to get some sort of prize money that they won't reveal to the audience til the end of the season) but I need some higher stakes. 

12 minutes ago, DivaDown said:

Highly doubtful. The queens sign NDA's which prevent them from saying that they were even cast on the show. Most queens had to hide what they were doing when they went to go film and a few probably had some sort of NDA that the club owners and designers had to sign if they gave out any details. Notice how none of the queens ever admit that they're on the seasons before the queens are officially announced?

12 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

People screaming "we need elims, otherwise its trash" are SO shortsighted. Your favorite drag queens will NEVER compete if there's potential they get eliminated in Episode 2 or 3. There's too much at stake (cancelling bookings, wasting money on outfits, etc). We are talking thousands and thousands of dollars

You want ur fav drag queen to compete again? Then u better support the non-elim format

If they'll receive 75k dollars judt gor appearing, they'd love to compete in any format. The winner was getting 100k a yeat ago, like why would they risk it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.