RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

I dont get the Sapphira "hate" 

She was by far the best in this season showing some great character development so she deserves the crown even if we like Nymphia more 

I like Saph and she's obvi favoured to win but what was the char development? She just steamrolled the comp. What was the change/development from ep 1?

• Like 1

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Regular season ya but I'm pretty sure every All Stars fan vote winner has won the fan vote except Shea (I remember Juju won this)

But fan vote matters way more in AS than regular season imo, and for good reason. Ru is usually correct in the end (Willow is the one exception, I maintain Bosco should have won, her post-show glowup is massive)

Bosco? The queen that took a major L mid-season by losing all the lalaparuza lipsyncs and getting saved by a chocolate bar and otherwise would have been eliminated + arguing for a role Camden ended up beating her in and getting shaded by Jorgeous on the main stage? That was your winner?

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Bosco? The queen that took a major L mid-season by losing all the lalaparuza lipsyncs and getting saved by a chocolate bar and otherwise would have been eliminated + arguing for a role Camden ended up beating her in and getting shaded by Jorgeous on the main stage? That was your winner?

That is what I said, yes! 

She delivered the most winner energy for me post-show and is obviously the biggest star with only Angeria coming close :bird: 

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

That is what I said, yes! 

She delivered the most winner energy for me post-show and is obviously the biggest star with only Angeria coming close :bird: 

Say that sh** with your chest. You better defend your fave! :clap3:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

I dont get the Sapphira "hate" 

She was by far the best in this season showing some great character development so she deserves the crown even if we like Nymphia more 

I like Sapphira, but her last two challenge wins were for bad challenges

and what character development? :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

I like Saph and she's obvi favoured to win but what was the char development? She just steamrolled the comp. What was the change/development from ep 1?

I'll agree with what you said. I do want to mention that Bianca, Bob, Alaska (AS2), and Sasha 2x never really had a big change or much character development. Bob and Bianca especially give me Sapphira vibes in that they came in as fully developed queens. Bianca also wound up mothering and helping some of the queens. Bob didn't have many weaknesses and only lip synced once while still steamrolling the competition. 

I think that Sapphira has in some ways modeled her career around drag race since she auditioned 11 times and has obviously worked to make sure she had all the skill sets for this show. Perhaps that's why it's not hitting quite as hard as some of the other queens for some viewers

If Sapphira wins it'll be two seasons back to back with a mother-winner storyline

at least Sasha could turn out a lipsync

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Not a lot of queens have managed to steamroll this competition and Saph is def not one of them. She had to lip sync for her life and it wasn't a Raja or Bob moment, unfortunately. I agree she has no character arc tho. She came in confident, faltered a couple of times (and didn't really address them outside of those moments), and left with that same confidence.

The only two contestants with actual character arcs are Nymphia and Plane.

Even Q stayed bitter till the very end lool

• Confused 2

💕 Mistress Isabelle Brooks 💕 (@mistressisabellebrooks) • Instagram photos  and videos

need more love for this look

• Like 3

I feel like the Marina backlash will make way for a Nymphia crowning :dancehall:

Bianca had character development through she helping Adore

Bob had a character arc through a full blown rivalry 

Coming in as a fully realized drag queen does not mean you can't have a character arc. The character arc doesn't have to be related their skill set. 

I'd argue literally all of the winners of this show came in as "fully realized" drag queens (apart from Jaida who realized she can be funny and Jynx who learned how to apply make-up if I remember correctly)

1 hour ago, KasioKas said:

49 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

I like Sapphira, but her last two challenge wins were for bad challenges

and what character development? :skull: 

Well she gave a lot of advices to Plane , she helped Miya and in general she showed a profile of a winner . Kind of similar to Bianca but not so funny obv 

Guys im sorry i get it that you like Nymphia she is a sweetheart but its crazy that Sapphira is even compared to anyone in this season 

She is miles better ( i guess cause of her experience ) 

I expect a Sapphira vs Nymphia lipsync for the crown but unless Nymphia pulls a Sasha Velour on that lipsync .. i dont think is fair Sapphira not to win this season 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

💕 Mistress Isabelle Brooks 💕 (@mistressisabellebrooks) • Instagram photos  and videos

need more love for this look

Posting a bigger picture of it would probably help

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

I'm still not over Morphine vs Megami. The way they both kept up with each other was insane 

One of the best lipsyncs in Drag Race 

Also the song was a perfect choice 

I really dont know how can they top up this on the final 

26 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

If Sapphira wins it'll be two seasons back to back with a mother-winner storyline

this is one of the biggest things that could stop sapphira imo. it's not  HUGE obstacle ofc, there's no concrete rules to this, but i feel like us drag race has never stuck to the same archetype with their winners

bebe - quintessential drag queen, arguably ru-lite

tyra - pageant queen, also uniquely the only villain type character to win but then again everyone on s2 was shady

raja - elevated fashion queen

sharon - kooky/alt drag 

jinkx - theatre/comedy queen

bianca - seasoned comedy/hostess queen

violet - young fashion queen

bob - comedy/hostess queen

sasha - artsy/alt (?) drag

aquaria - young fashion queen

yvie - kooky/alt drag

jaida - pageant queen

symone - young fashion queen

willow - kooky/alt drag

sasha colby - seasoned performance queen

sapphira would be super close to sasha in terms of the character/drag archetype she showed off, while nymphia and plane are more differentiated. it's not impossible to overcome, but considering one of the biggest complaints i've seen for sapphira is that she's "boring", and one of the praises i've seen for nymphia is her uniqueness, it could just be the deciding factor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galaxy said:

Posting a bigger picture of it would probably help

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 15, Episode 12 – "Wigloose The Rusical" Review &  Power Ranking – Crushing Krisis

take it allll in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Guys im sorry i get it that you like Nymphia she is a sweetheart but its crazy that Sapphira is even compared to anyone in this season 

She is miles better ( i guess cause of her experience ) 

I expect a Sapphira vs Nymphia lipsync for the crown but unless Nymphia pulls a Sasha Velour on that lipsync .. i dont think is fair Sapphira not to win this season 

I mean that's your opinion but I don't think it'd be "unfair" or that Sapphira is miles ahead of either finalist. She got help from production at points just like the other two. If anything the situation this reminds me the most of is the equally polished Brooke Lynn and the kooky Yvie. 

• Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

KATYA!

…Do you believe in milk & cookies?

At this point, @Just a Gay on ATRL, the dolls are the dolls.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

At this point, @Just a Gay on ATRL, the dolls are the dolls.

I need Gia back on TV so bad.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 15, Episode 12 – "Wigloose The Rusical" Review &  Power Ranking – Crushing Krisis

take it allll in

RPDR_1512_B.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

RPDR_1512_B.jpg

get me together, mother

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Edge Of Glory said:

raja - elevated fashion queen

sharon - kooky/alt drag 

jinkx - theatre/comedy queen

bianca - seasoned comedy/hostess queen

violet - young fashion queen

bob - comedy/hostess queen

sasha - artsy/alt (?) drag

aquaria - young fashion queen

yvie - kooky/alt drag

jaida - pageant queen

symone - young fashion queen

willow - kooky/alt drag

sasha colby - seasoned performance queen

What I understand from this is that we've allowed too many kooky/alt queens to win :mazen:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, ToMmY said:

#Teams posts' engagement:

Instagram

1. Nymphia: 146,271

2. Plane: 77,126

3. Sapphira: 74,139

Twitter:

1. Nymphia: 49,823

2. Sapphira: 33,098

3. Plane: 19,324

Facebook:

1. Nymphia: 3,800

2. Sapphira: 1,394

3. Plane: 1,472

TOTAL:

Nymphia: 217,894 (49.61%)

Sapphira: 115,909 (26.36%)

Plane: 105,644 (24.04%)

Update:

Instagram

1. Nymphia: 166,282

2. Plane: 90,547

3. Sapphira: 89,193

Twitter:

1. Nymphia: 54,701

2. Sapphira: 38,627

3. Plane: 21,453

Facebook:

1. Nymphia: 25,300

2. Plane: 10,539

3. Sapphira: 9,996

TOTAL:

Nymphia: 246,286 (48.6%)

Sapphira: 137,816 (27.2%)

Plane: 122,539 (24.2%)

Nymphia still having half of the engagement is crazy. :jonny2:

Edited by ToMmY
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

One of the best lipsyncs in Drag Race 

Also the song was a perfect choice 

I really dont know how can they top up this on the final 

I don't think there is a Sapphira "hate train" at all.

:rip:

Nymphia just has the bigger fan engagement, and I wholly expected her too. 

• Gigi and Crystal had more fan engagement than Jaida before the finale. 

• GottMik had more fan engagement than Symone (though the gap was very small) before the finale. 

• Anetra had more fan engagement than Sasha Colby before the finale. 

It happens and, thankfully, Ru doesn't give a damn about social media clicks.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.