RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mindbender said:

Curious how people think these accusations compare with those against Sharon Needles.  I feel like everyone was so quick to cancel Sharon off mainly one person's story. 

I think the issue with Sharon was that accuser was on tour with her so the cast had both seen and interacted with them together. Also, Sharon had individually apparently already had big issues with lots of main Ru girls before that including being racist towards them. Bob, Phi Phi, Latrice, Dita, etc.

Shea is dumb af for that because Naysha won that argument as soon as she said "the challenges are focused towards women" and she's right.

What TF does a Drag King do for a Cher runway or Madonna Rusical?

Next thing we will have sections of the fanbase saying the challenges need to cater to both men/women/them drag.

No.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Night of a thousand celebrities 

:suburban:

• Haha 11

We don't even have bearded queens yet lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

We don't even have bearded queens yet lol 

And hopefully never do!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

They should cast a drag king. Tenderoni! And then boot them off first so we can stop being gaslit into thinking this form of performance should be highlighted on Drag Race. 

And truth be told I've never seen a drag king be interesting or entertaining at any drag show. Still tip cuz they spent some time trying to create the illusion of entertainment but they always fall short. One day they'll find the right avenue to create what they want. But it's not drag race.  

like this is  what y'all want on the show? I guess in the club I can appreciate this as a nice break to get a drink or use the restroom but why on television where you only have 40-60 minutes to show a full 48hours of challenge and interactions? Y'all please be for real about this. 

Edited by Antonini
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Anvarie said:

Shea is so…

Leave it to Shea to equate allowing drag kings on a TV show to Jim Crow laws :hoetenks:

• Haha 7

that Shea tweet is potentially the single stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. And I frequent ATRL.

• Haha 5

Just like the time she tweeted this bullshit :skull:

trick-or-treat-i-guess-v0-uxz3q6duhexb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=ec6c8e1a2928fb342330599050fc98e3ed1f71f0

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

trick-or-treat-i-guess-v0-uxz3q6duhexb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=ec6c8e1a2928fb342330599050fc98e3ed1f71f0

Imagine being such a miserable *****.

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2024 at 7:36 PM, genetic fail said:

NOT a Tubi original :toofunny3:

Can't wait to watch!

I miss this Katya

rihannafan
2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

She kinda ate this

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

The real question is what they would think of Nymphia and imma leave it at that

nnn MTE, they would NOT be having the Nymphia/Plane stanning in here and we'd be subjected to being called proud boys and Jan 6th insurrectionists for enjoying bananas and “sisterrrrrr"

I do miss the good sis TOO sometimes but maybe that's just the Stockholm Syndrome in me talking 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Shea is dumb af for that because Naysha won that argument as soon as she said "the challenges are focused towards women" and she's right.

What TF does a Drag King do for a Cher runway or Madonna Rusical?

Next thing we will have sections of the fanbase saying the challenges need to cater to both men/women/them drag.

No.

Sonny for the Cher Rusical seems like a perfect fit. Madonna in her Music look would be masculine enough to slot a drag king in.

But outside of that, I think it would be perfectly fine for Drag Race to adapt and be more inclusive for a few drag kings. It doesn't need to become the central focus of the show (much like Maddy and Victoria weren't) but it would be a nice representation to cast one here and there and just let the world see what they have to offer. I don't think it needs to be so black and white, when Drag Race has evolved and been nothing but grey during the evolution. There's really no harm in including them. It doesn't hurt anyone and it helps bring a new element to the show, something that Drag Race desperately needs.

If the producers and writers need to be more inclusive and creative when creating their challenges to accommodate a few drag kings, I see nothing but good coming from that (assuming they're actually good at their jobs!) If the show dips in quality cause of it… well it's been on a downward trend overall anyways so what's it to us. 

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

She kinda ate this

She did a whole Christmas photo shoot afterwards so she obviously didn't mean it :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I dont really have an opinion on this Drag Kings thing, but I could see them integrating into Canada's Drag Race pretty easily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

16 hours ago, Afferty said:

Ugh after the years of suffering, the thread is so peaceful now

16 hours ago, KFC said:

It was so hostile here :skull: it was giving season 2-3 Untucked

now it's giving post MTV RuPaul's best friend race

16 hours ago, CroNich said:

You're the one making these crazy generalisations based off one cis-female we've had on the show (who isn't even a drag king). How about you get off your own dick and take your misogynistic bs somewhere else.

The thread may not be as suffocating as it was when TOO was here, but I'm loving the kiii with the members in here snipping at each and keeping it moving  :gaycat5:

as for Shangela, she's been cancelled in my mind since the first round of accusations. Where there's smoke, there's fire. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moloko Plus said:

And hopefully never do!

Your remarks on this matter are SENDING me :gaycat7:

• Like 1

• Like 2

Okay but Landon Cider would be a great fit for Drag Race

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

nnn MTE, they would NOT be having the Nymphia/Plane stanning in here and we'd be subjected to being called proud boys and Jan 6th insurrectionists for enjoying bananas and “sisterrrrrr"

I do miss the good sis TOO sometimes but maybe that's just the Stockholm Syndrome in me talking 

@Hephaestus thoughts?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rotunda said:

She did a whole Christmas photo shoot afterwards so she obviously didn't mean it :rip:

But she ate :juanny: lmfaoo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.