RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

damn i read the thread before watching the episode :jonny5:

i spoiled the cape mess before i could watch 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

“Sorry queens I have to take [x] back to the main stage”

spacer.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Also I can’t take the Sapphira criticisms seriously when i can’t name a single funny or dramatic thing Sasha Colby said all season, and y’all lived for her. 

It's not criticism on Sapphira, but to me the only problem she has is the lack of memorable story line or narrative. And it's the fault of the writers/editors of the show for not giving her one. It does not diminish anything from Sapphira's practically 100% chance to win the season now thou.

Yeah, I’m sorry, Sapphira isn’t gagging me.

Sasha wasn’t funny, sure, but she had me gagged with her talent show and her lipsync Lalaparuza performance during the season by this point. 

I don’t gravitate towards Sapphira, which I was fine with up till today because she’s very talented, but the clear push and payola for her tonight turned me off completely.

Rooting for Plane and Nymphia!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Well, what do you think it is? 

Do you find her boring? Is it because she’s older, not as “loud” or “bombastic” or in the sphere of creating unnecessary drama? 

The woman is talented, extremely charismatic, likeable and very mature. I know this is reality television but I’m not sure what anyone could possibly want from her that she hasn’t already supplied.

For me, it’s that she’s a jack of all trades, master of none. There hasn’t been a time where I’m like “oh THAT’S a winning performance!” with her. It’s the edit getting beaten over my head that she’s the front runner, not my own formed opinion, which is a little annoying to me.

Nymphia and Plane are not as well rounded, but Nymphia’s tie look GAGGED me and Plane’s personality is too ****ing good for me not to love her. Sasha C. similarly isn’t as well rounded, but she had moments where I was like oh **** THAT’S a winning moment. Sapphira completely lacks that for me as I can barely remember what she did to deserve her 3 wins. And tonight she didn’t deserve it at all imo, which would be forgivable if the above gripes didn’t exist for me, but alas.

• Like 7

Like, this season is just edited (and cast) very weirdly. Statistically, you can tell that Sapphira is taking it already (Ru and the judges are obsessed with her, and she doesn't flop in any challenges so far and doesn't look like she will anytime soon). But judging by the airtime % of each queen, it's telling the complete different story.
The "main character" with the most % of airtime of the season has been Jane, Q. Heck even Dawn has more confessionals than Sapphira.

That could help explain why some people can't connect with her.

• Like 4

Very odd winner. Not that there was a clear stand out but if you fumble you can’t get the top prize. Sorry 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

its becoming more clear to me that Q is gonna end up with the loosey laduca storyline ... welp

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Q is such a sourpuss but I don’t blame her. She got set up by the producers with that video from home lol

• Like 3

Especially when they could have given Sapphira a win two other separate weeks and no one would have cared lol (rusical + snatch game)

but let it not be misconstrued, I stan the sis

Edited by Rigalo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ouuuuu Q telling everyone Sapphira did not deserve to win this challenge in next week's episode

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Like come on now producers, we're not dumb. You can crown your fave without giving them arbitrary wins that actually just turn people off :rip:

Which is even weirder considering they did exactly that in S11 & S14 with Yvie and Willow. Like we knew they were winning their respective seasons without them having more than one win. 

But then again, those queens had the IT factor and Sapphira is very much serving Victoria Justice in Victorious. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don’t like Q but I will say it does have some nerve to be her true annoying self on drag race after watching how queens like her are usually perceived by the fans 

honestly none of them scream winner tbh 

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Not the BACK TO BACK win.

BIO+OPTION+2.JPG

2a19a9771a198c144911365cb79e5e960be9fcfd

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 2

38 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

and Plane’s personality is too ****ing good for me not to love her. 

This is why you hoes are NOT judges. 

Thankfully.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t care about Sapphira getting this win, because the only funny part of Plane and Q’s set were the slides/clips jokes at the beginning. The rest was…nothing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I don’t care about Sapphira getting this win, because the only funny part of Plane and Q’s set were the slides/clips jokes at the beginning. The rest was…nothing. 

Right, felt like they started strong but then it just started to drag on ...

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

For me, it’s that she’s a jack of all trades, master of none. There hasn’t been a time where I’m like “oh THAT’S a winning performance!” with her. It’s the edit getting beaten over my head that she’s the front runner, not my own formed opinion, which is a little annoying to me.

Nymphia and Plane are not as well rounded, but Nymphia’s tie look GAGGED me and Plane’s personality is too ****ing good for me not to love her. Sasha C. similarly isn’t as well rounded, but she had moments where I was like oh **** THAT’S a winning moment. Sapphira completely lacks that for me as I can barely remember what she did to deserve her 3 wins. And tonight she didn’t deserve it at all imo, which would be forgivable if the above gripes didn’t exist for me, but alas.

Inch-resting take. 

I mostly disagree, whatever the case, and she’s had a few winning moments thus far. I also don’t see what on earth your opinion on loving Plane Jane’s personality has to do with the show as well as her potentially winning the crown especially when you’ve also stated Sapphira is allegedly a “jack of all trades, master of none”. What does that make Plane Jane and some of the other girls babe?

:rip:

OT: Sapphira winning BACK TO BACK. 

BIO+OPTION+2.JPG

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Like we knew they were winning their respective seasons without them having more than one win. 

Not necessarily because most people thought Brooke-Lynn was going to win S11 despite Yvie having the semi-Sharon Needles narrative of her being a “unique” Queen who (could) potentially win. Also it was clear that Ru liked Yvie as much as he did Brooke-Lynn. 

Unfortunately, Yvie bodied Brooke-Lynn in the finale and, well…

Only Willow was relatively obvious as Ru clearly took a huge liking to her, though Angeria and Bosco were just as strong. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Plane Jane was robbed! (but her runway was kinda ugly)

• Like 1

completely SHOCKED that Sapphira won. i dont like Q but she OBVIOUSLY won that challenge AND runway I-

i agree with the bottom two though. Dawn did not do bad at all this week.

• Thanks 1

I cannot wait for Q to leave, almost as much as I wanted Mhi’ya to go. 

:clack:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.