RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Orsay said:

Ohh some of yall think Dawn’s look was bad? Welll.. thats why you’re on ATRL and Law Roach is a professional stylist! xx

I wanted her to win. But Q’s look was also excellent, and more detailed than Dawn’s

Dawn won conceptually. Plane Jane got a lot of points for her conceptualization as well. Dawn's look wasn't tailored well even in our current trend cycle and law roach saying it looked like a balenciaga runway can barely be taken as a compliment when balenciaga literally emulates ill-fitting street fashion x

Medium-EDITO_DK_MB_LB_FA24_BALENCIAGA_FA

There's also being creative with your material and choosing something that was never going to work. She chose to make a body suit out of lining material purely for the color. Why should I respect that? The wrinkling of that lining fabric did not flatter her silhouette.

The bustier had a zipper in the back that went slightly diagonally seemingly unintentionally.

The gathering of the fabric under the crotch area made her torso look longer and did absolutely nothing for her silhouette. The lining near the crotch area actually made it seem like she was wearing something underneath, which looked very off to me. 

The gathering at the bust area was really well-done, the waist area looked nice from the front and her make-up was impeccable. Her doll looked gorgeous as well and conceptually she actually was my favorite of the night. 

It was not bad but objectively it wasn't great

• Like 1

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Law Roach calling Dawn's dress balenciaga is just him being nice in a shady way because truly balenciaga hasn't been serving

Balenciaga-Pre-Fall-2024-73-1.jpg

like yes Dawn indeed was similarly weirdly puckered LOL

• Like 1

Girl I have some notes... Another enjoyable episode. 

- I thought Dawn should have won. 

- I appreaciate Q's work but that outfit was not flattering at all. 

- Nymphia should have been in the top. The dress moved beautifully.  

- I loved the lipsync. I was afraid Myah would do too much but it was really good. 

- This was one of my fave Ru looks.

These girls are lucky Mirage left, because she would have been the lipsync assasin if she wasn't as lazy. 

Edited by TryMe
  • Thumbs Down 8

It was obvious Q and Dawn were the top2, Dawn haters can cry somewhere else

3rd would’ve been either Plane Numphia or Megami.

I also think that Xunami should’ve been in bottom3.

• Thumbs Down 6

Cute episode! The workroom stuff was really fun - Plane is really giving main character :rip: The whole segment of her trying to get fabric was a kii

Q deserved to win and Plane deserved high, but Dawn... idk, she was good, but I liked Nymphia more.

Also, I always found Megami endearing and have been really liking her looks from the beginning, so I'm glad she's shining a bit more in the last episodes.

It was Geneva's time, for sure. Mhi'ya ate her up, although I do think her tricks aren't that well timed/fit for the songs and she's not super strong at the actual lipsyncing, so I think she might not have it as easy the next time she's in the bottom or if there's a Lalaparuza. 

10 hours ago, Rotunda said:

This is not a lip sync season…

!

We've got one good lipsync performance so far this season and it was Sapphira's titties in Break My Soul :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

judging was great this episode 

Q deserved that win :clap3:

Saphirra is getting such an Asia O’Hara edit :huh:

Finally the evil has been defeated:bird:

also Megami & Nymphia deserved top placements over Dawn And Plane idc :ducky:

Edited by Bicassie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It might be my delusion speaking but Nymphia's doll is the most marketable (minus the voice over), very pretty which is how doll supposes to be

Q's doll is too busy and I'm not a fan of the color scheme

• Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, KFC said:

Get rid of Carson and Ross and keep TS and Law as the rotating judges please @RuPaul

Is he on this app?

The more I look at Dawn's look the more wrinkly and ill fitting it looks 

The OPJH still bothered by her and she didn’t even do anything this week but place high

plane-jane-plane-jane-drag-race.gif

• Thanks 9

Oh and I hope Law Roach comes back next season. 

It was perfect. He was shady but fair!

I love Amanda but I just caught up with the untucked episodes and when Plane drags her, lmao

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

!

We've got one good lipsync performance so far this season and it was Sapphira's titties in Break My Soul :rip:

Plane Jane ate Sapphira up with Shower

24 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

The OPJH still bothered by her and she didn’t even do anything this week but place high

plane-jane-plane-jane-drag-race.gif

She is the star of the season. 

• Thanks 2

Plane Jane might never need to use her immunity potion with how much she's slaying these challenges :jonny5:

Another top for Plane :clap3:

Q finally getting a (well-deserved) win :clap3:

Dawn's makeup looking tolerable :clap3:

Icon Law Roach being her iconic self :clap3:

Mhi'ya demolishing Geneva in the lipsync :clap3:

I truly don't understand why so many people are up in arms about PJ's "rudeness." I recently watched S2 and Raven was maybe x10000 worse and so so mean to Tati. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

Plane Jane might never need to use her immunity potion with how much she's slaying these challenges :jonny5:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she really turns over a new leaf and gives it to someone else  

thought this was Daya :deadbanana4: didn't realize it wasn't until I read the comments

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Xunami shouldve been in the bottom, period!

Geneva's armpits in the lipsynch, honey, eliminated off of that alone. 

16 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

am i the only one that hates plasma's makeup? there's something so off putting about her face every time 

im so confused on why shes getting the Valentina treatment with half the beauty? All I see is a big man tbh. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

Dawn won conceptually. Plane Jane got a lot of points for her conceptualization as well. Dawn's look wasn't tailored well even in our current trend cycle and law roach saying it looked like a balenciaga runway can barely be taken as a compliment when balenciaga literally emulates ill-fitting street fashion x

Medium-EDITO_DK_MB_LB_FA24_BALENCIAGA_FA

There's also being creative with your material and choosing something that was never going to work. She chose to make a body suit out of lining material purely for the color. Why should I respect that? The wrinkling of that lining fabric did not flatter her silhouette.

The bustier had a zipper in the back that went slightly diagonally seemingly unintentionally.

The gathering of the fabric under the crotch area made her torso look longer and did absolutely nothing for her silhouette. The lining near the crotch area actually made it seem like she was wearing something underneath, which looked very off to me. 

The gathering at the bust area was really well-done, the waist area looked nice from the front and her make-up was impeccable. Her doll looked gorgeous as well and conceptually she actually was my favorite of the night. 

It was not bad but objectively it wasn't great

I appreciate the time you took to analyze her look, but this kind of fine detail is completely missed by me and I think most Drag Race viewers. To put it simply - I don’t care! The concept is what matters to me. These girls have 48ish hours to put these looks together. Less than any designer brand that you’re stacking her up against. And it was clearly Law’s favorite look, regardless of how you want to justify that

i get that Dawn is unpopular in this thread, not really sure why (anti-“weird girl” bias methinks), but her look ate down. And I really like her

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.