RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 minute ago, D.Va said:

For someone named Alyssa Edwards are you sure you know how this works ? :michael:

They're given a list of possible queens and they have to prepare different reads for all the possibilities so they are ready once they enter the workroom and get to see the real cast.

When did they say that on the show ?

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

The first challenge seemed last minute

I thought this as well, they didn't even show them recording the song or anything like they usually do?! 

6 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

Snatch Game 1

WIN: Trinity

HIGH: Raja, Jinkx, Monet

SAFE: The Vivienne

LOW: Shea Coulee

BTM 2: Yvie & Jaida

Snatch Game 2

WIN: Jinkx

HIGH: Trinity, Raja, Monet, The Vivienne

LOW: Yvie

BTM 2: Shea & Jaida

IMO

Good placements!

Viv disappointed me the most. I think her character selection was poor and had her picks translated better to American audiences I think she could have gone toe-to-toe with Jinkx. 

The fact that one of the moments they decided to include in the edit required subtitles (and combined with Ru's comment on not being able to understand her at times) -- I think she shot herself in the foot. :katie:

Edited by Goaty

The first episode was a bit too long for me, and didn't really care about that Naomi bit :rip:. Couldn't she stay for the day and come back for the next one to judge the girls? It would make sense to see if they applied her tips for their runway walk. Also, that performance of all the girls was atrocious, every one looking like they came from different planets with that basic ass "choreo". The runway was amazing tho. 

The second episode was killer, Jinkx is that ***** I know she is. She's giving Bendela vibes with being on the top for the whole season. :clap3: So far my top 3 is Jinkx, Raja and Monet (looooved her look for the second episode). 

It was a smart move to put both episodes together. If I only watched the first one, maybe I would be a bit disappointed with the season from the get go.

Edited by KaledKalil

44 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

When did they say that on the show ?

Idk if they said it on the show it's been said countless countless countless times before by the queens themselves.

Ginger thought Morgan was gonna be on All Stars 2 based on that list, thus explaining her read to Tati.

Edited by D.Va

My main issue with Trinity’s snatch game was that being the devil really had nothing to do with the characterization. It was just “A Gay” as far as impersonation. There was nothing that really made it “satan is a gay man”, so like.. meh. 

I would have loved to have some kind of biblical references or more hell/devil puns thrown in. Make it actually fit the character rather than just being gay. 

29 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Idk if they said it on the show it's been said countless countless countless times before by the queens themselves.

Never heard it and i'm an online goblin that watches countless RPDR videos and reads about the show all the time. How is the casual viewer supposed to know that ?

Ginger thought Morgan was gonna be on All Stars 2 based on that list, thus explaining her read to Tati.

Tried to find her read towards tati, didn't find it.

All Star Rules are officially suspended, and this time...so are Fashion Photo Ruview's. With a cast full of coined queens (and The Vivienne), there's no excuse for bad taste. So this time, we won't be tooting and booting the girls, but ranking them each week from #1 to #8. This time it's not enough to be good, you've gotta be the queen. 

Remember to rank one queen 1st, one queen 2nd, one queen 3rd, and so on all the way until we reach 8th. 

This time we will be reviewing the Promo Looks and Entertainment Weekly Looks

After the results of this round I will immediately open up the forms for the next round, which will cover entrance looks and the Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 runways. 

PROMO LOOKS LINK: 

https://forms.gle/wYwtFEA2W3p9TgBi6

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY LOOKS LINK: 

https://forms.gle/xi82BKQb8ApZsw9x9

DEADLINE: MONDAY MAY 23 @ 5:00 PM EST

(This is a reminder)

26 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

My main issue with Trinity’s snatch game was that being the devil really had nothing to do with the characterization. It was just “A Gay” as far as impersonation. There was nothing that really made it “satan is a gay man”, so like.. meh. 

I would have loved to have some kind of biblical references or more hell/devil puns thrown in. Make it actually fit the character rather than just being gay. 

That’s exactly my problem with it too. Really smart choice, but very basic execution. The same can be said for her Leslie too, she could’ve done so much more with it in my opinion. That’s part of the reason why I would’ve put Raja in the top over her.

Am I the only that lowkey hates when they play up the “I’ve been dead..” during snatch game? 

Jinx’s snatch game would have been 10/10 without it

Are they not posting the additional reads like they did in previous AS seasons?

56 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

:clap3::coffee:

13 minutes ago, Shady said:

Am I the only that lowkey hates when they play up the “I’ve been dead..” during snatch game? 

Jinx’s snatch game would have been 10/10 without it

yeah its getting tired but Jinxx was hilarious still:clap3:

Rewatched both episodes and I have to say this season is going to be so much fun! Snatch game was so good! I really like that they are not eliminating anyone. Everyone gets to showcase what they got. 

I still can't believe Jinkx's performance (and her aura, in general). What a TALENT! 

18 minutes ago, yourfaveisaflop said:

Rewatched both episodes and I have to say this season is going to be so much fun! Snatch game was so good! I really like that they are not eliminating anyone. Everyone gets to showcase what they got. 

Kind of wish every AS was like that... however, they'd have to keep the cast smaller, they could not do non-elim with 12-13 girls. Too much.

31 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

Kind of wish every AS was like that... however, they'd have to keep the cast smaller, they could not do non-elim with 12-13 girls. Too much.

Yea the girls shouldn’t be spending all stars coins to go home the first episode lol 

The tea is that this season is already feeling like a joy to watch because it's ALL strong queens with charisma and talent. It's why AS2 was a BANGER too. If this isn't more proof that the yearly All Stars with meh queens is what's making the experience not as entertaining...

To think I read that snatch game should be retired... Just needs better queens to pull off impersonation, wit and comedic timing and Jinkx has that in spades. The talentry!

1 hour ago, MusicTalker said:

I totally agree! A smaller cast and keeping them all would allow them to shine even if they have a bad week. 

Not every AS needs to be like this one :rip: do you guys really think we needed a full season with the likes of Farrah Moan or India Ferrah :rip: 

This format works only for all winners seasons because they are all heavy hitters giving us great drag each week. We don't need the filler queens giving us mediocrity episode after episode, just look at Uk vs The World

3 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Not every AS needs to be like this one :rip: do you guys really think we needed a full season with the likes of Farrah Moan or India Ferrah :rip: 

This format works only for all winners seasons because they are all heavy hitters giving us great drag each week. We don't need the filler queens giving us mediocrity episode after episode, just look at Uk vs The World

We also don’t need every queen doing all stars and having it so often. It cheapens the brand and makes it feel like a non-event. Like, I enjoyed all stars 6, but it did not feel like it had the quality of an all stars season. 

On second watch i am gagged at rajas pleather look too. The way she’s managed to stay current after all this time. Who’s doing It like her?! :jonny4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.