RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I feel like Q is the epitome of a drag queen brought up on drag race, like she clearly has tailored her drag (both performance and looks) around drag race. And while that makes for an excellent, well-rounded queen, I don’t think that leaves much room for Q to be Q, and I feel like that’s why Ru has been snubbing her because we know ms paul more than anything loves a queen that knows who she is in and out of drag and a queen who isn’t doing drag for drag races sake but because they were ‘born to do drag’.

• Like 6

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CroNich said:

I feel like Q is the epitome of a drag queen brought up on drag race, like she clearly has tailored her drag (both performance and looks) around drag race. And while that makes for an excellent, well-rounded queen, I don’t think that leaves much room for Q to be Q, and I feel like that’s why Ru has been snubbing her because we know ms paul more than anything loves a queen that knows who she is in and out of drag and a queen who isn’t doing drag for drag races sake but because they were ‘born to do drag’.

I agree, sadly not everybody has THAT

• Like 8

10 minute preview is out

The onlu episode where Q performed the best, she lost the lipsync so she did not win. Nymphia & Plasma 100% deserved their wins

Edited by Afferty
  • Like 2

Yeah I think it’s just a case of someone doing better than Q in each ep, not getting Jan’d (which Gigi did really well on the Rusical)

Saphirra beat her, Nymphia’s costume edged her out, Plasma was the definitive winner while the brick role didn’t give much :michael:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CroNich said:

I agree, she's presented great looks but her performances have read as a bit calculated I think. She IS funny. She's made me laugh, mostly with her face, but it feels like she's just trying too hard.

Is this true :deadbanana2:

19 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Is this true :deadbanana2:

No lol. Bianca said that when they did their promo she saw Kelley there and was like "OMG theyre eliminating the good queens so early" 

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

10 minute preview is out

the P show continues

plane-jane-plane-jane-drag-race.gif

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bimbo said:

This mug was so severe. The white in the entire eye area, nose SNATCHED... flawless :jonny2:

q-q-drag-race.gif

Imagine how ez she could sweep s3 - s5. 

Amanda is insufferable :rip:

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I live for the Q draggings. I don’t dislike her but she’s BORING imo, and I personally didn’t think her Talent Show or brick were funny/top worthy

shes an incredible seamstress tho and deserved her top position Ball week 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Witchpop said:

8ji8v717myfc1.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&

:bibliahh: 

This is genius when you read 21 as 2021 :skull:

Yeah, Q is clearly very polished but who is Q? She kind of gives me a nice Violet Chachki vibe, but I’m struggling to really figure out what her identity is. I do get kind of an old Hollywood starlet from her aesthetic, but it’s hard to translate her looks to her personality to her challenge performances.

Like it was already mentioned, she seems like an amalgamation of someone who wants to excel at all things drag race, which she has being in the top for 3 weeks, but winners of challenges (and seasons typically) usually have a standout identity that we can identify them with. When you have Jane being the bimbo b*tch, Nymphia being the kooky Taiwanese fashion queen, Sapphira being the experienced motherly figure, Morphine being the beat Latina shady girl, Plasma being the well studied theatre queen with some crunch looks, etc… Q just struggles to standout. People will remember Burger Finger (unfortunately), people will remember ties, ties, ties, etc but.. would anyone *really* remember Q’s performances over those who won instead of her? I don’t think so honestly. So it makes sense she hasn’t won yet to me.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lexiel said:

I agree, sadly not everybody has THAT

It's always good to see Krystal Talent Versace blessing the thread :clap3: A DRAG QUEEN :clap3:

Edited by Life Savers
  • Like 2

I don’t agree that Q has no identity. When I think of Q I immediately think of fashion and sewing. Her ability to construct looks and garments is the best on the entire cast imo. She’s the look queen of S16.

She just has always been one-upped in every challenge so far.

Sapphira clearly won the BMS lipsync (I also think Sapphira was better in the variety show on top of that).

Q truly could’ve easily won the ball but Nymphia’s final look is one of the best constructed looks ever on the show. I think Q’s first 2 looks were better than Nymphia’s first 2 looks tbh, but Nymphia’s 3rd was far enough better than Q’s 3rd to get Nymphia the overall win.

Q’s brick wasn’t that funny imo but that SNL challenge had whack judging in general.  I would’ve given the win to Amanda who really had me cackling as the news anchor for some reason but whatever :lmao:  The judging for the SNL challenge is not worth dissecting.

• Like 2

Yawn is just so try hard

And Q looked like Tammie Brown in the mini, down to the stank face when Sapphira won

• Like 1

Runway prediction: Dawn is going to walk out looking like a woodland creature... again

QU4boXu.gif

• Haha 10

I get a little Ariel Versace from Q. I don’t know why but it’s certainly a turn off 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Galang said:

I get a little Ariel Versace from Q. I don’t know why but it’s certainly a turn off 

Ahhh so that’s who she looks like out of drag. I swore she looked familiar :rip:

6 hours ago, Ponzi said:

I agree, she's presented great looks but her performances have read as a bit calculated I think. She IS funny. She's made me laugh, mostly with her face, but it feels like she's just trying too hard.

And she is just soooo desperate for validation. Obviously it comes from insecurities/trauma but Ru can sniff that out from a mile away. 

Being a product of drag race isn’t necessarily a bad thing but you gotta bring the U to the C*NT for Ru to take you seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galang said:

This is so offensive

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.