RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Raja is such an EYECON! Ugh and the fact that she’s actually slaying 

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing episodes :clap3:

For me top 2:

EP1: Shea & Jaida

EP2: Jinx & Rajah 

My winners for Episode 1: Jaida and Trinity

My winners for Episode 2: Raja and Jinkx/Trinity

Raja stomped the rest of them in Snatch Game and on the runway, and didn’t get anything for it.

How are the runways???! I can’t watch til tonight 

Edited by Rigalo

Jinkx is absolutely slaying. Another killer Snatch Game performance.

When she was creeping around in episode one looking for the steamer.

:rip:

1 hour ago, Bimbo said:

However, are they never gonna give them negative critiques the entire season just because they're 'legends'? like the first episode was kinda messy but it was all praise, even "she didn't know the lyrics but I loved her!" :skull:

I’d say this judging tone is probably what to expect for the season. And when they do bad it’ll be critiqued in a jokey “you know this wasn’t the tea, girl” cadence they did for Jaida’s snatch game. I definitely don’t think we’re gonna get Michelle going in on any girls this season.

At the end of the day these are all people that they’ve selected in the past as the best of the best so it is not in WOW’s interests to tear down some of their most marketable assets.

Plus just from a reality tv competition standpoint the stakes week to week are pretty low and right now they are playing up the comedy of the blocking, so there is no need for the judges to rag on anyone to drive home the point that they were the worst because that’s not a story that will ever be need to be told in this format

When I tell you Monet as Mike Tyson & Jaida as Prince stirred something in my between me down there… :gaycat3:

I enjoyed both eps but some thoughts:

Yvie's runways both episodes were pretty terrible

The platinum plunger scene makes me cringe so hard :rip:

I wish the judges gave better critiques. It seems they're going to sugarcoat their comments all season but Raja and Viv flubbed the choreo several times in the first episode and Trinity didn't know a single word :skull: the stakes are already lower because nobody gets eliminated but it's going to be so boring if the girls can bomb like Yvie did in the Snatch Game and not get read for it :doc:

There's something so inauthentic about Shea 

Monet is made for reality TV, everytime the camera is on her she does or says something iconic :jonny4:

I wish this was airing live on TV, it's so weird to me to come online and see little to no discussion because everybody is watching at different times :skull:

Edited by HotFriedChicken

I don’t know if I can stand a full season of Payola Coulee :doc:

Absolutely did not deserve to win the first challenge OR the lipsync. I had to skip through the whole Naomi section too.

I enjoyed both episodes, the queens are obviously amazing and providing a high level of competition, but I'm not gonna lie... I was expecting more.

The main thing that's bothering me is the format... Where are the critiques? Where are the positions? Where are the points? Anything! It's SO boring just having 2 winners each week and the rest get some bs kumbaya comments. There's no excitement. Like, Raja slayed EP2 and got... nothing? So dumb.

That being said, I still enjoyed the episodes and the girls are doing well.

EP1: The challenge was kinda meh, but the runway was nice. Shea and Monet were a good choice. The only other girls that could've been there were Yvie, Jaida, and maybe Jinkx. Lipsync was close, but I do think Shea did slightly better.

EP2: I enjoyed this one more. Snatch Game was really good. Runway was not as good as EP1, but it still had some nice moments (especially Monet and Jaida). Jinkx and Trinity for sure made sense, but I just feel bad for Raja :'( Lipsync I actually would've given to Trinity, but again, was pretty close.

12 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

There's something so inauthentic about Shea 

Monet is made for reality TV, everytime the camera is on her she does or says something iconic :jonny4:

This is exactly what I feel. Monet is amazing reality TV, because she’s being herself and it translates well. Shea is acting every single second she’s on screen. It’s all rehearsed. The first lipsync was ridiculous, they showed Monet for about 3 seconds and the rest was Shea. How are we meant to decide who won when we didn’t even see it?

EP1: Was it just me or was the mixing on the song really bad? This performance felt rushed and too crowded. They should have split them up. I did cackle when Shea gave Trinity the plunger :dies:

EP2: Great episode. I was worried for Jinkx because her Natasha was just kinda there. But she STOMPED with Judy. It was a masterclass. Give her the Oscar!

Raja also came through and gave two great performances. Can’t lie that Trinity did great too. I think Raja’s runway should have given her the edge but I guess they wanted to show the plunger in action. 

I was worried that the stakes would be low this season because there are no eliminations but the girls are playing up the drama. 

So far, Yvie has been the weakest in the competition. 

TheOnlyOne

Rumix

Win: Monet & Shea

High: Jinkx & Yvie

Safe: Jaida & Trinity

Low: Raja & Vivienne

Best Runway: Shea > Jinkx > Monet

Snatch Game

Win: Jinkx & Trinity

High: Monet & Raja

Safe: Shea & Vivienne 
Low: Jaida & Yvie

Best Runway: Monet > Raja > Jaida

1 hour ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I’d say this judging tone is probably what to expect for the season. And when they do bad it’ll be critiqued in a jokey “you know this wasn’t the tea, girl” cadence they did for Jaida’s snatch game. I definitely don’t think we’re gonna get Michelle going in on any girls this season.

At the end of the day these are all people that they’ve selected in the past as the best of the best so it is not in WOW’s interests to tear down some of their most marketable assets.

Plus just from a reality tv competition standpoint the stakes week to week are pretty low and right now they are playing up the comedy of the blocking, so there is no need for the judges to rag on anyone to drive home the point that they were the worst because that’s not a story that will ever be need to be told in this format

I guess but it’s kinda needed, at the end of the day they’re telling a story. Like it makes me feel like they think I’m dumb when they tell me Jaida’s prince was hilarious once she gave up on the character. Um no girl I have eyes, we just saw the challenge. 

I couldn't stop laughing at Raven's skin tone when she popped up in confessional. :ahh: Girl, how do you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning and go, "yes, this makes sense for me"? So glad she's not actually competing. 

I absolutely enjoyed both episodes, but there's something that needs to be said: the format needs some adjustments because there's literally too little at stake both when someone does bad and when someone gets blocked. Like, there's virtually zero negative critiques and the positive ones are way exaggerated in some cases. Also, the fact that queens who get blocked can still win and block someone else is weird, they should've made that they couldn't be part of the following episode after being blocked. Another thing I find messy is them not saying if the queens know what challenge comes next in order to be strategic with the blocks. I think they know, but we'll see if the queens confirm or deny in some interviews.

EP1:

Raven's gag was funny, I must admit. I bet Tyra and Chad are kinda mad at her saying she got robbed twice. In the reading challenge Jinkx was undoubtedly the best, but everyone had good reads. Raja's was one of the funniest to me, the way she slayed them all with a single, clever, quick read was gaggy. The portion with Naomi was sickening, it was so good to finally see her on Drag Race. The performance and song were messy, but Shea and Monét did the best. Jaida was a really close third for me. They needed more time to rehearse because some girls forgot the lyrics, others messed up the choreo. The runways were spectacular, they all served. Shea was the clear standout though. Cameron was an exceptionally good guest judge, you can tell she's genuinely a fan of the show. I really enjoyed the lip sync, to me Shea embodied the song to a T. She was smart to block Trinity.

EP2:

Snatch Game was good, I laughed out loud several times. To me, Instagram/TikTok/online personalities will never work in that context, I would never go for any of them in a challenge like that, but the majority of the characters were good choices. Jinkx's Judy was incredible, knocked it out of the park, Natasha on the other hand was meh but the voice and look were there. Trinity's Satan was a good idea and had good jokes, but she could've done so much more with Leslie. Raja was amazing, I never would've expected that level of transformation from her. The character were so close to the original, it was jaw dropping and she had really good jokes too. Monét's Mike was a really good character too, very funny. Yvie and Jaida were absolutely the worst, but Prince cracked me up a few times with the mannerism and quirky quips. The runway theme was interesting, the best were Monét, Jaida and Raja (and in this order too). Overall I think that Raja was robbed, I would've put her in the top over Trinity. Jinkx didn't win the lip sync for me, Trinity did better. Good choice to block Shea though.

Edited by Hephaestus

This is going to be such a legendary season..... the only season I'll tune in for tbh

Not me making plans for once to go to dinner and then a bar to watch the premiere with friends and WowPresentsPlus decides to upload TWO episodes (and Untucked) EARLY :rip:.

Fully onboard with Jinkx :jonny: She is so amazing given how long her season has been

I got the impression that Raja will serve that bored/high/stoner vibe she's been serving lately but GIRL SHE IS CLEARING :jonny:

Viv is a lil invisible rn but an acting challenge might get her a badge.

Edited by OreGuy

1 hour ago, rihxnicki said:

This is exactly what I feel. Monet is amazing reality TV, because she’s being herself and it translates well. Shea is acting every single second she’s on screen. It’s all rehearsed. The first lipsync was ridiculous, they showed Monet for about 3 seconds and the rest was Shea. How are we meant to decide who won when we didn’t even see it?

Agreed with the lipsync, I really hope this isn't the beginning of a payola campaign for Ms. Coulee :doc:

And her fake crying during the Naomi segment was unwatchable. How are you in front of your idol and you still can't produce a genuine reaction? 

This is all coming from someone who was a hardcore Shea stan during season 9 and thought she was robbed

Jaida as Prince was so hot and sultry :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.