RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

On 9/28/2023 at 11:07 AM, Unoriginal said:

the india erasure :rip: trinity's bottom-worthy talent sticking out like a sore thumb :rip: sasha (safe) over marcia or jax (high) :rip: s14 completely ignored :rip:

monet and anetra really give top two variety performances ever though :jonnycat:

you will not come for marcia’s miss ma’am 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

also why do the old school drag lowkey look better than some these days 

because it was all about giving the illusion of a woman. nowadays we see boy chest showing off of loosely fit corsets and makeup that consists if lipgloss and blush they try to packagae that bull as "WE'RE SUBVERTING GENDER ROLES!!1 ALL DRAG IS VALID!1" :mazen:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

you will not come for marcia’s miss ma’am 

reread what I said I was complimenting it :rip:

11 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

because it was all about giving the illusion of a woman. nowadays we see boy chest showing off of loosely fit corsets and makeup that consists if lipgloss and blush they try to packagae that bull as "WE'RE SUBVERTING GENDER ROLES!!1 ALL DRAG IS VALID!1" :mazen:

They say things like ever since covid they just don’t feel comfortable in pads and are exploring their bodies. Meanwhile now we get padless drag queens making the cast consistently every year. So yea that part 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

What’s going on with sugar and spice? I’ve been out of the loop :huh:

What about them?

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

These icons :jonny2:

where the **** is YARA Sofisus? The disrespect :rip:

1 minute ago, MonsterJohn said:

where the **** is YARA Sofisus? The disrespect :rip:

Paid dust as usual, we HATE to see it :angry:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

spacer.png

*1st week

spacer.png

This weekend, I swear! I’ve been loaded at work! :weeps:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 6:33 PM, Big Bad Wolf said:

I feel like Drag Race is really over. Officially.

Watch the next season be filled with TwinkTok looking drag queens ala Sugar & Spice.

I really can't wait until the day Ru steps down, allows Raven to host, and the show gets bare bones messy again. :clap3:

Why do u feel this ?

On 9/27/2023 at 3:33 PM, Big Bad Wolf said:

I feel like Drag Race is really over. Officially.

Watch the next season be filled with TwinkTok looking drag queens ala Sugar & Spice.

I really can't wait until the day Ru steps down, allows Raven to host, and the show gets bare bones messy again. :clap3:

I agree but not for the reasons it seems like you believe his necessarily 

I just think they’re a bit oversaturated right now. If they took a year off of All Stars and just let a regular season run, then do All Stars the following year and no regular season, and switch off every year I think it might build some more anticipation. 

43 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

Why do u feel this ?

Best content already produced

Editors have been sloppy and lazy using the same tired tropes

Culture around the show became so toxic and the queens started sanitizing themselves, producing less exciting content. Yeah this somewhat started to unravel but it’s still not all the way there and don’t think it will be in this day and age which isn’t the fault of the show obviously. You can say some queens care too much, but others have valid reasons because of the discrimination they can experience from these rabid fans. 

Ru and Michelle seem so sterile now too

There’s nowhere to go but down. It’s amazing that they’ve been able to branch into other territories though. That will be the shows true legacy ultimately :clap3:

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I just think they’re a bit oversaturated right now. If they took a year off of All Stars and just let a regular season run, then do All Stars the following year and no regular season, and switch off every year I think it might build some more anticipation. 

Yeah but at this point that’s the shows bread and butter, constantly churning out these seasons to keep people engaged

I do think they mishandled All Stars, should definitely be less frequent but also the latest seasons have just felt so chaotic, even VTW, just casts thrown together with whoever said yes + production faves, shitty formats, underwhelming storylines, queens who refuse to return, etc. They should treat or pay the queens better at this point. 

27 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Yup. The biggest mistake was producing All Stars on a yearly basis. Had they done it every two years, they would not run out of stars so soon and it would feel like something special. Now it just feels like regular season, but the cast has more money.

I wish they would go back to airing AS in August and having shorter regular seasons (12 episodes max). That way we could have regular seasons from February to April, three months off, AS from August to October and then three months off again. The cycle repeats.

Mistress is my favorite contestant from season 15, but she probably should have been a mid-out. The second half of the season was rough for her. Mistress probably should have been in the bottom for the interview challenge, the Rusical and the makeover.

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Mistress is my favorite contestant from season 15, but she probably should have been a mid-out. The second half of the season was rough for her. Mistress probably should have been in the bottom for the interview challenge, the Rusical and the makeover.

she's kinda lucky she was 75% of the entertainment of the season + allegedly told the producers she wasn't gonna lipsync in a gown against malaysia, bc she def deserved to lipsync another one or two times in her track record :sorry:

imo her track record should've been:

AFzCthU.png

tho i suppose the question is, would she survive the lipsyncs against malaysia and luxx? i can see her beating malaysia since she was kinda a mess in the "single ladies" lipsync + mistress could've probably brought some humor w the puppets, but idk if she could've kept up with luxx to "for the girls" :shutup:

10 hours ago, Edge Of Glory said:

she's kinda lucky she was 75% of the entertainment of the season + allegedly told the producers she wasn't gonna lipsync in a gown against malaysia, bc she def deserved to lipsync another one or two times in her track record :sorry:

imo her track record should've been:

AFzCthU.png

tho i suppose the question is, would she survive the lipsyncs against malaysia and luxx? i can see her beating malaysia since she was kinda a mess in the "single ladies" lipsync + mistress could've probably brought some humor w the puppets, but idk if she could've kept up with luxx to "for the girls" :shutup:

Luxx (and Loosey) did terribly in For The Girls. That lip sync was double sashay material. And Malaysia was arguably the worst lip syncer that season. It wouldn’t exactly be hard for Mistress to beat them.

For The Girls is an excellent lip sync song, and Luxx bragged a lot about her performance ability and “star power” (whatever that means). I was really disappointed that Luxx bombed that performance and the song went to waste.

How did both Bob and Monet come into this episode with only middle school level understanding of what the words narcissism and narcissistic mean? :rip:

On 10/7/2023 at 11:03 PM, aayAlex said:

Bob is getting f*t

And what about it? She's eating GOOD with that Madonna money, good for her :clap3:

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

That Avalon TV show is... Something :skull:

There's only one star in it and Symone can only do enough carrying the other losers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.