RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I think it’s an honor to be part of Drag Race, so including Sahara and ChiChi is honoring them. I think it would be disrespectful to exclude them.

I’m annoyed that Tyra and PhiPhi made a big deal about not being associated with Drag Race anymore, and I’m annoyed that some of the fans took them seriously. Neither of them are going to see some rating game on this backwater forum, and if either of them did see it and were upset by it, that would be unreasonable on their part. I think they should accept that they participated in the show and they’re going to be remembered for that. I don’t see how Jaremi or Tyra are affected by Drag Race fans discussing the decade-old seasons they competed on.

I have a question of my own. Some of my friends said they would give Drag Race a chance, but I’m not sure what season to start them on. They’re in their early twenties and they’re sweet, more alternative-styled people, so I think they would enjoy the season 14 cast, but I’m not sure if season 14 is a good first season. I was also considering season 9.

Uk2

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kataraqueen said:

Uk2

I want a season with good lip syncs.

This was such a good interview omg! Kennedy is one of the best drag entertainers of all time, and Maddie is incredible as a host

Edited by Lightbringer007
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Question for the culture. For the US Queens Megarate, would yall feel comfortable rating queens who have passed away (Sahara, ChiChi) and those who wish to not be associated with Drag Race (King Tyra, Jaremi) or should we include them? I wanna hear your thoughts :coffee2:

I feel like it would be disrespectful to not include them. Chichi and Sahara deserve to be remembered and to the best of my knowledge both of them had good relationships with the show after their seasons. Jaremi has stated that while he doesn’t want to be associated with the show anymore, he doesn’t mind people discussing his time on the show. King Tyra would probably be the only exception but I feel like he should be included since we are including everyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

I have a question of my own. Some of my friends said they would give Drag Race a chance, but I’m not sure what season to start them on. They’re in their early twenties and they’re sweet, more alternative-styled people, so I think they would enjoy the season 14 cast, but I’m not sure if season 14 is a good first season. I was also considering season 9.

s5 and s9 are both among the best seasons and rlly great jumping in points, i think it comes to weighing certain negative points of both seasons

s5:

-humor of the time might be a little dated/considered problematic by some

-as an older season, the fashion ofc is way further from the standard we know today

-older finale format isn't as beloved, less suspenseful

s9:

-considered to be a poorer season lipsync wise

-more recent, so more of the shows history is at risk of being spoiled

-sasha's winner edit isnt the greatest + they may feel disappointed at shea's loss

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

I want a season with good lip syncs.

Tayce doesn't deserve any of this :ghostface:

S15 then, it even has sugar&spice as the relatable ones at the beginning

Watching DR France season 2, it is so good :jonnycat:

Which franchise do you guys think is most irrelevant? I feel like NO ONE talks about DR Belgium. It doesn't help that Rita Baga is hosting lol. Sweden was also a non-event. 

Edited by Morissette
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morissette said:

Which franchise do you guys think is most irrelevant? I feel like NO ONE talks about DR Belgium. It doesn't help that Rita Baga is hosting lol. Sweden was also a non-event. 

I didn't know DR Belgium was happening. 

I feel like the only reason I know and care about Dr Ph is because of M1ssJadeSo. She's literally giving that whole franchise extreme CPR every time she's on screen. She's the only one working the camera and who's constantly ON and just trying to produce TV

let's go girl — M1SS JADE SO • drag race philippines 2.05

The rest... it feels like I'm watching a home video of the chair dance at my friend's 7th birthday :psyduck: Literally the only thing I enjoy about it is being introduced to some cultural things :toofunny3: The lack of proper soundmixing and just general choices makes it so tough to get through.

• ATRL Moderator

i think as8 really is just a case of the vibes being off. the challenges were overall decent (great rusical, one of the best improv challenges in recent memory, good roast, interesting design challenge prompt) and the queens' performances in those challenges and more were pretty good, but the season was still lacklustre

i think it was mostly because the cast didn't gel tbh? because really it has the makings of an enjoyable season and then it... wasn't

6 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

i think as8 really is just a case of the vibes being off. the challenges were overall decent (great rusical, one of the best improv challenges in recent memory, good roast, interesting design challenge prompt) and the queens' performances in those challenges and more were pretty good, but the season was still lacklustre

i think it was mostly because the cast didn't gel tbh? because really it has the makings of an enjoyable season and then it... wasn't

Yeah I mean, the challenge performances were imo better overall than AS6/AS5. But those casts felt a little more natural, while this cast was half girls who were willing to create storylines and good TV and half girls who kinda just… phoned it in (at least TV personality wise). So it just felt like some of the moments that could have been bigger were half baked since the girls as a group weren’t fully invested.

Like, you have Kasha and Monica serving “I’m just happy to be here”, with Jimbo and Kandy being bloodthirsty for the crown, Jessica delivering excellent challenge performances week after week but not really being pinned as a frontrunner, and then Heidi and Kahanna constantly trying to quit. Don’t even get me started on how unsettling Alexis was at times with her random outbursts :dies: All of these could be fine, but the storylines just weren’t there and none of them really crossed over or paid off except Jimbo’s. Based on how sloppy the editing was this season, I’m guessing production just didn’t know what to do with these girls, which is a shame cause they really delivered overall.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Yeah I mean, the challenge performances were imo better overall than AS6

okay i was gonna say this but decided to keep it out because i thought it would be a hot take :rip: but yeah i think the top seven-ish of as8 all had standout moments, plus darienne and kasha had unappreciated moments, whereas as6’s best moments were kind of reserved for the top five. 

i do think a lot of the blame should be put on production. they clearly wanted to recreate the as6 rudemption storylines but couldn’t because the queens that did well on the season had done well in their original seasons, and the queens generally did well in the challenges the audience expected them to do well in. this forced production riggory in things such as jaymes’s ep1 high, kandy’s/lala’s highs for the ball etc which were completely transparent to most people.

i think the season actually benefitted from heidi quitting as well. as a tv moment it was kind of disappointing because she just… quit, but the season’s energy also generally improved to me when she was gone

idk really. i think there’s a lot to dissect, especially with how excited spoiled fans were once we knew the cast compared to the reception the season actually got

13 hours ago, Morissette said:

i literally havent watched more than one (or two) episodes of any of the non-english speaking seasons. i dont have the time to watch everything nor the energy to read subtitles.

• Like 1

Allegedly Latrice is replacing Jaida on We’re Here. Rumors have said something about Jaida’s diva behavior. I hope it isn’t true but… 

9 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Allegedly Latrice is replacing Jaida on We’re Here. Rumors have said something about Jaida’s diva behavior. I hope it isn’t true but… 

It’s all four of them lol 

2 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Where the hell did this rumor come from lmaoooo

On 9/6/2023 at 9:46 AM, Morissette said:

Yeah Belgium was a dud. Sweden on the other hand had an actually good cast of queens, but production really fumbled the bag with a couple weird ass eliminations.

23 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

I feel like the only reason I know and care about Dr Ph is because of M1ssJadeSo. She's literally giving that whole franchise extreme CPR every time she's on screen. She's the only one working the camera and who's constantly ON and just trying to produce TV

let's go girl — M1SS JADE SO • drag race philippines 2.05

The rest... it feels like I'm watching a home video of the chair dance at my friend's 7th birthday :psyduck: Literally the only thing I enjoy about it is being introduced to some cultural things :toofunny3: The lack of proper soundmixing and just general choices makes it so tough to get through.

If Jade or Bernie don't win S2 I'm gonna FUME. They're the only one giving some flavor to that season, everyone else is on autopilot. It doesn't help that Paolo is an incredibly unlikeable host, it's giving robot.

7 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Now, if Diva behavior is the complaint, then Latrice‘s entitled self is definitely not the person to replace her with. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

Where the hell did this rumor come from lmaoooo

Max has confirmed that Latrice is joining the cast midway through while they’re in their break I guess. The Jaida bit came from the Drama thread on Reddit but it’s been pretty accurate so far. 

the subtlety yet power of Nina’s lip sync here really needs to be studied …. part of it you can chalk up to the fact that , in the words of Shannel describing Manila doing Nasty vs Juju …. Aja was looking a HOT BOO BOO MESS, Nina did so much by doing so little. there’s not a ton of tricks or flair , yet i think most of us remember this as being a fantastic lip sync (due solely to Nina). her look that week to was so, SO underrated. no one was doing it like her on drag race.

what a talent …. the Azealia Banks of drag.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riot said:

She kinda ate ngl

She looks so hot. Kinda devouring the girlsl half her age.

• Like 1

The Blackfish actually looks stun. But gag at her breastplate being 2 shades lighter than her skin still :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.