RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

We were talking about the amount of wins they had.

And that lip sync was a win for sasha and a sashay for shea :clap3:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

We were talking about the amount of wins they had.

I thought it was understood that wins are mostly pointless and are just used to promote storylines. 
High and Low rankings are all that really matters. 

17 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I thought it was understood that wins are mostly pointless and are just used to promote storylines. 
High and Low rankings are all that really matters. 

Aren't high and low rankings also used to promote storylines?

• Like 1

People are comparing Sasha's lipsync to Monet's vogue-ish dancing? Am I reading this right?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

Imagine wasting 14 episodes doing challenges left and right if the winner of a season had to be decided by a single lipsync. They could save a lot of time by doing single episodes where everyone is lipsyncing against each other and call it a day, I guess.

My point still stands ‘cause Monét was payola-d to death in at least one situation: it’s either her crowning on AS4 or her top placement in AW. The only debatable thing is if she was payola-d both times.

The final challenge is a lipsync for the crown, if someone has 3 wins and then they get to snatch game and get eliminated on the 4th episode cause they bombed, no one would say it was rigged if they deserved bottom and deserved to go home.

LSFTC isn’t a surprise. It’s known. Drag queens main wheelhouse is lipsyncing. It’s drag race. If you’re unprepared, just like if you were unprepared for literally any other challenge in the season, you’re bottoming. LSFTC isn’t any different under this format.

You can keep making up stories about payola, but Monet’s wins never required making last minute edits to circumvent the established rules of the competition— Trinity’s AND Jinkx’s did, that’s what we call payola. A choppy double crowning edit and a quick cut and paste vocaroo mp3 file of Ru saying “and performance throughout the season” to save face :ahh: 

• Thanks 3

The gag is even if we consider performance throughout the season, Monet had the most stars, which under the rules that were yet again established at the start of the season, means she did the best (and yeah, she did!). 

But they had to circumvent that again to payola Stinkx :ahh: Ironically, the only ones falling for payola are the white girl stans who shout SNATCH GAME!!!! JUDY GARLAND!!!! but then start sputtering nonsense when someone says “Swish Swish”, “Sewing Challenge” or “Natasha Lyonne”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

I might be alone in this but I genuinely believe that the LSFTC should not be the determining factor to win Drag Race.

Like, imagine icons like Raja, Bianca or, most recently, Jimbo (to name a few) not having a crown on their head just because they’re not good at lip syncing or their competitors pull a super strong gag.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

I might be alone in this but I genuinely believe that the LSFTC should not be the determining factor to win Drag Race.

Like, imagine icons like Raja, Bianca or, most recently, Jimbo (to name a few) not having a crown on their head just because they’re not good at lip syncing or their competitors pull a super strong gag.

Isn't this everyone's opinion? :rip:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daddy said:

I would say boomer drag is pageantry. No boomer would ever think of doing what Jimbo is doing. Pageantry is old, stuck up, looks down on newer drag and has its old ass rules. (see Roxxxy or Kennedy)

I… what exactly is it Jimbo is doing?

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I disagree. I think lip syncing should be a core skill on the show like comedy. Someone like Coco or TKB who is the best lip syncer on their season by a mile should have the chance to win the whole season based on that skill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

51 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Raja won her LSFTC (she had the same track record as Manila) and the crown for SDAHH, Bianca’s season didn’t establish LSFTC as a reason to win and Jimbo also won her LSFTC. Trixie beat Kennedy. Hell, even Jinkx delivered a great lipsync against Detox, albeit with massive payola of switching the song, nothing new for Ms. Monsoon though.

Sure, if you don’t think LSFTC should determine the winner, that’s fine.. I mean it really hasn’t anyways with wins like Jinkx and Raja’s in AS7 since they’ll crown whoever they want anyways, but to tell contestants that that’s how they’ll win, then to say that it didn’t matter is just applying opinions to rules  and facts of the competition. By the rules established, whoever wins that should win the season. They just had to retcon it last minute because the drag queens production wanted to win couldn’t do what drag queens do and deliver a serviceable lipsync that they could edit into oblivion for their ideal winner, which is shadier than expecting that drag queens can lipsync imo.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I… what exactly is it Jimbo is doing?

Doing what the girls shoulda did

NBK9eMS.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CBC said:

NBK9eMS.png

I love her passion for what she does

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

I love her passion for what she does

the fact that this is just from AS8 is crazy when she also has CAN1 and UKvsW1. Truly one of a kind :jonny5:

3 hours ago, CBC said:

NBK9eMS.png

Iconic.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Raja won her LSFTC (she had the same track record as Manila) and the crown for SDAHH, Bianca’s season didn’t establish LSFTC as a reason to win and Jimbo also won her LSFTC. Trixie beat Kennedy. Hell, even Jinkx delivered a great lipsync against Detox, albeit with massive payola of switching the song, nothing new for Ms. Monsoon though.

Sure, if you don’t think LSFTC should determine the winner, that’s fine.. I mean it really hasn’t anyways with wins like Jinkx and Raja’s in AS7 since they’ll crown whoever they want anyways, but to tell contestants that that’s how they’ll win, then to say that it didn’t matter is just applying opinions to rules  and facts of the competition. By the rules established, whoever wins that should win the season. They just had to retcon it last minute because the drag queens production wanted to win couldn’t do what drag queens do and deliver a serviceable lipsync that they could edit into oblivion for their ideal winner, which is shadier than expecting that drag queens can lipsync imo.

KenneGOD washed Trixie. Quite literally scalped her on stage

• Like 4

Kennedy DavenCHRIST is such a legend :jonny5: need her on another All Stars season

• Like 4

Sasha Odour doesn't do great in her season :priceless:

her fashion is awful and pretentious, her constant needs to bring "awareness" or becoming a serious voice in the werkroom has completely changed RPDR for the worse. Also her humor is fine I guess, but she was almost always carried / helped by Shea :swim2:

Edited by Heirloom
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Heirloom said:

Sasha Odour doesn't do great in her season :priceless:

her fashion is awful and pretentious, her constant needs to bring "awareness" or becoming a serious voice in the werkroom has completely changed RPDR for the worse. Also her humor is fine I guess, but she was almost always carried / helped by Shea :swim2:

this is so wild to say when she placed high the same number of weeks as shea, has decent arguments for how she could've won THREE more challenges (roast, makeover, and ball), and her only low placement was pretty much a de facto placement with the judges clarifying she did nowhere near as bad as the bottom two, IN ADDITION to absolutely demolishing the finale. obviously 99% of people wanted shea to win since she had the best track record and most compelling winner narrative, but saying sasha was a bad winner choice will never sit right with me lmfao :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Some of those wins are questionable to be honest, but if production needs to choose a lip sync song that caters to their winner’s lip syncing style or needs to add a “considering the whole season’s performance” before a winner is announced, what’s the point of a final lip sync anyway? They might as well go back to S4-S8 type of finales because it’s basically what they’re doing at the end of the day (with a couple exceptions, like Sasha Velour and Jinkx), but with less bullsh*t.

Sasha is a completely valid winner the same way monet is. We can just end the conversation 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.