RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

can we all agree that S2 is that Beach?

All Star 2 - 10/10
Espania 2 -10/10
UK 2 - 10/10
DU 2 - far much better than 1
France 2 - 10/10
Italia 2 > Italia 1
Philipines 2 is looking promising right now and I think it will be better
Thailand 2 > 1

• Like 1

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Jax didn't look nice not one time during all her episodes. Some people just aren't born to do drag.

9 hours ago, Edge Of Glory said:

the lowest tier is "stranger" or $1 a month, but thats basically a tip jar w/o access to any of the full video podcasts or exclusives. "cousin" is the lowest priced tier with exclusives at $5 a month, with there also being the "sibling" tier at $10 and "auntie"/"cool aunt"/"stepdad" at $25/26. if one were to give an estimate that 1/10 of their patrons are using it as a tip jar, and the others are paying the $5 minimum for exclusive content, they're making AT LEAST $90k before patreon fees and whatnot.

Hide contents

this is just my personal estimate based on nothing but guesses and gut feelings, but with 20k patrons, i wanna guess smth like 10% are strangers, 55% are cousins, 30% are siblings, and 5% are aunties. w those percentages, they'd be making smth like closer to $142k a month. a cursory search shows that between patreon and its various fees, somewhere between 15-20% can be taken out of that, but lets go with 20% for this scenario. after patreon and fees take their cut, thats $113.6k a month, or $1,363,200 annually. theres a bit of info missing here, in that im not sure how many people work on sibling rivalry (bob, monet, jacob, their other editor whose name im forgetting, so 4 at least?), nor how the pay is split, but assuming its split equally amongst everyone

$1,363,200/4 employees = $340,800

$1,363,200/5 employees = $272,640

$1,363,200/6 employees = $227,200

$1,363,200/7 employees = $194,743

$1,363,200/8 employees = $170,400

$1,363,200/9 employees = $151,467

$1,363,200/10 employees = $136,320

etc etc...

not gonna keep going further but YUP they make a preeeeeeetty penny just from doing 2 podcasts a week :jonny6:

Thanks for doing the math, because I was desperately curious! :hug:

Also, should we take into account that the episodes are sponsored, so they also get money from that too!

But it's all deserved, I love their podcast and soon I'll be officially one of the siblings. But I need to buy myself a house before I think about paying for theirs!

• Like 1

Is it true Trixie has a networth of $10Million?

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

If Jax didn’t look like a man in drag I would be more lenient

Just last page I said Jax didn’t deserve to go home cause she won the lipsync against Anetra pretty handily imo. Idk what the sudden campaign is in this thread lately that we can’t drag girls, and pretty light drags at that. Solaris impact!

I’m not saying you can’t drag girls- but it’s like blatant lies about her lip sync skills. She won every lip sync she did during the lip sync tournament . And yes she does look like a man in drag and needs to paint her upper lip much bigger 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, PMM said:

All Star 2 - 10/10
Espania 2 -10/10
UK 2 - 10/10
France 2 - 10/10
Italia 2 > Italia 1
Thailand 2 > 1

Wow facts AND the US season 2 is the best season in the whole franchise. 

I will say italia S2 was not better than S1, imo. The competition went up, but the cast of S1 was ICONIC. And also, Canada S1 was the best season of all Canada seasons. Otherwise, the rest tracks out

3 hours ago, PMM said:

All Star 2 - 10/10
Espania 2 -10/10
UK 2 - 10/10
France 2 - 10/10
Italia 2 > Italia 1
Thailand 2 > 1

Holland 2........ Nvm :biblio:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

Holland 2........ Nvm :biblio:

An ICONIC season with some of the BEST queens from ANY Franchise. It also gave us THE most iconic fight in YEARS of DR herstory.

Finally watched the extended S15 version. Wow, it makes the whole season stronger as a whole and actually more rewatchable. S15 will definitely be a highly ranked season for years to come

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shinning said:

Is it true Trixie has a networth of $10Million?

When are net worths ever accurate 

3 hours ago, Gwegend said:

Wow facts AND the US season 2 is the best season in the whole franchise. 

I will say italia S2 was not better than S1, imo. The competition went up, but the cast of S1 was ICONIC. And also, Canada S1 was the best season of all Canada seasons. Otherwise, the rest tracks out

I’d argue that UK1 was better than UK2, and that Us S5 was better than US S2 but UK2 and US2 were still fantastic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't enjoy any of Jax's lipsyncs. Seeing him backflip like a man was enjoyable in the talent show but it got tiring watching him pull the same tricks for every subsequent lipsync

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Jax has enough tricks for two numbers at a club performance for the night but doesn't have enough tricks to make it through the amount of lip syncs she did on the show

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

No bcs ppl dont realize that bad proportions and excessive trickery really do nothing for any kind of fantasy, especially the way in which Jax did them. Her dance moves looked like that of a male back-up dancer. At that point you're just a man in a wig like where's the illusion

I think she looks nice in the face though and she emotes well

Yes, THANK YOU. I think most people don’t understand that every little thing affects the performance, from your padding to your makeup to your mood that day. Like you said, it’s about selling a fantasy. Jax is incredibly athletic and energetic, but she just is not draggy. There’s no fantasy or character being communicated from her. At a certain point, you’re basically just watching Jax film Tim Tok reels.

Compared to Mistress, who when in drag is a biological, lactating woman and you can’t tell me otherwise

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Compared to Mistress, who when in drag is a biological, lactating woman and you can’t tell me otherwise

:redface:

7 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

:redface:

Baby when Mistress walks that runway you just see milk trails behind her. Like a slug leaving a trail behind but it’s milk coming out of Mistress’s sensitive, pink nipples 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/15/2023 at 9:11 AM, Gwegend said:

Yea- why not? Let the chips fall how they may.

lbr, who would you rather see at the club doing this song and be throwing your dollars at ? exactly.

I would much rather see Mistress over Jax. Jax gives me very much a man in a wig. 

and based on the extended episode..

I still think Sasha won, but let’s be nice and make it a double for Anetra. Luxx knew how to command the front of the stage.. the girls even said “they look like Luxx’s backup dancers” Jax vs Spice for the finale.. we have one more episode of Jax. She’ll obviously be thrown into that bottom episode and be sent home by Salina.

1 hour ago, D e v o n said:

and based on the extended episode..

I still think Sasha won, but let’s be nice and make it a double for Anetra. Luxx knew how to command the front of the stage.. the girls even said “they look like Luxx’s backup dancers” Jax vs Spice for the finale.. we have one more episode of Jax. She’ll obviously be thrown into that bottom episode and be sent home by Salina.

Sasha vs Anetra should have resulted in both of them being safe, and Malaysia vs Spice should have resulted in neither of them being safe and both advancing to the next round.

Also, I think lip syncs between more than 2 people are almost impossible to judge fairly, so 3-way lip syncs are always rigged imo. I think Jax lost fairly against Mistress and Anetra, but that three-way lip sync was designed to force Jax and Anetra through for an exciting final lip sync.

Then they made Jax lip sync twice right before the Lalaparuza so that we would think Jax was repetitive and agree with Anetra beating her. For example, Michelle said Anetra didn't even know her words in the girl groups challenge, so maybe Anetra should have in the bottom that episode instead of Jax. And maybe that would have lead to Anetra seeming more repetitive in the Lalaparuza and her being eliminated there, or at least the audience feeling she should have been.

I'm not sure how the situation with Anetra saving Spice plays into all this. Something about that whole situation feels very fishy to me, but Anetra still seems genuine when she talks about it. So while I have a hard time believing it really happened, I also have a hard time believing Anetra would lie this convincingly about it for this long. Anetra seems like she would be a bad liar. If I had to guess, I would say at minimum someone on production probably made it clear to Anetra that she would beat Jax. I just have a very hard time believing Anetra would bet everything on beating Jax, especially after losing 2 lip syncs in a row herself, without any "encouragement" from production. And since everything else in the Lalaparuza was rigged, this part was probably rigged too.

My point is, Jax's elimination in the Lalaparuza was clearly set up. However, despite all the riggory that went into eliminating Jax, I don't even consider her "robbed." Like I said, she lost fairly against Mistress and Anetra, and I think if she'd done anything outstanding or memorable in the Lalaparuza she could have stayed. I think the producers deliberately put Jax into a bad situation, but I think Jax still had some agency and wiggle room to save herself there, and she just wasn't able to accomplish it. I don't think Jax is comparable to queens like Alyssa and Jasmine who were eliminated for lip syncs they obviously won, or queens like Loosey who were repeatedly put in the bottom for challenges they could have won.

I might be wrong, but I think there's things Jax could realistically have done to save herself in the Lalaparuza. I don't think there's anything Alyssa Hunter, Jasmine Kennedie or Loosey LaDuca could have done to save themselves. Jax's elimination was rigged but completely justified.

Edited by Solaris

Yeah, the extended cut is miles better than the choppy slop we originally got. The first half of the season really needed the extra time to get the audience invested in all of the queens and have more well-rounded episodes. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D e v o n said:

I would much rather see Mistress over Jax. Jax gives me very much a man in a wig. 

As someone who’s seen jax perform live- trust me the crowd lives

14 hours ago, Solaris said:

Sasha vs Anetra should have resulted in both of them being safe, and Malaysia vs Spice should have resulted in neither of them being safe and both advancing to the next round.

Also, I think lip syncs between more than 2 people are almost impossible to judge fairly, so 3-way lip syncs are always rigged imo. I think Jax lost fairly against Mistress and Anetra, but that three-way lip sync was designed to force Jax and Anetra through for an exciting final lip sync.

Then they made Jax lip sync twice right before the Lalaparuza so that we would think Jax was repetitive and agree with Anetra beating her. For example, Michelle said Anetra didn't even know her words in the girl groups challenge, so maybe Anetra should have in the bottom that episode instead of Jax. And maybe that would have lead to Anetra seeming more repetitive in the Lalaparuza and her being eliminated there, or at least the audience feeling she should have been.

I'm not sure how the situation with Anetra saving Spice plays into all this. Something about that whole situation feels very fishy to me, but Anetra still seems genuine when she talks about it. So while I have a hard time believing it really happened, I also have a hard time believing Anetra would lie this convincingly about it for this long. Anetra seems like she would be a bad liar. If I had to guess, I would say at minimum someone on production probably made it clear to Anetra that she would beat Jax. I just have a very hard time believing Anetra would bet everything on beating Jax, especially after losing 2 lip syncs in a row herself, without any "encouragement" from production. And since everything else in the Lalaparuza was rigged, this part was probably rigged too.

My point is, Jax's elimination in the Lalaparuza was clearly set up. However, despite all the riggory that went into eliminating Jax, I don't even consider her "robbed." Like I said, she lost fairly against Mistress and Anetra, and I think if she'd done anything outstanding or memorable in the Lalaparuza she could have stayed. I think the producers deliberately put Jax into a bad situation, but I think Jax still had some agency and wiggle room to save herself there, and she just wasn't able to accomplish it. I don't think Jax is comparable to queens like Alyssa and Jasmine who were eliminated for lip syncs they obviously won, or queens like Loosey who were repeatedly put in the bottom for challenges they could have won.

I might be wrong, but I think there's things Jax could realistically have done to save herself in the Lalaparuza. I don't think there's anything Alyssa Hunter, Jasmine Kennedie or Loosey LaDuca could have done to save themselves. Jax's elimination was rigged but completely justified.

I agree with this tbh. I’m defending Jax bc it’s like- if you wanted to get rid of her, you could have. But why do it in such an unrealistic way? That’s my point. People on here down-voting every post I make (hi @unino :heart2: )seeeething and REACHING for counter-arguments to me saying Jax is a good lip syncer and her going home during the lalaparuza was stupid. But it’s tea. Send her home another episode, but don’t try to force the audience to believe she deserved to go during a lip sync tournament. At bottom, it’s just insulting to the audience. 

Edited by Gwegend

43 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

I agree with this tbh. I’m defending Jax bc it’s like- if you wanted to get rid of her, you could have. But why do it in such an unrealistic way? That’s my point. People on here down-voting every post I make (hi @unino :heart2: )seeeething and REACHING for counter-arguments to me saying Jax is a good lip syncer and her going home during the lalaparuza was stupid. But it’s tea. Send her home another episode, but don’t try to force the audience to believe she deserved to go during a lip sync tournament. At bottom, it’s just insulting to the audience. 

i'm just downvoting every delusional OMIBHs here love, nothing personal  :heart:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.