RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

5 hours ago, LewisK said:

I don't know the reasons, but a lot of sources have been speaking about that for quite a while.

I have to assume it’s just not financially worth it to a lot of queens. They are wary of going back on the show and not getting a big enough return on time and investment. We know Heidi spent a ton on runways, and that’s before you even get into all the cancelled bookings. They film during the summer, meaning queens have to cancel top-paying pride gigs. Trixie won and said she basically broke even after taxes. 

Some of them are more poorly received the second (or third) time around and might worry about affecting their bookings. Even when queens are well received, as long as it’s on Paramount+ instead of real TV, they won’t get the same boost on socials etc. as earlier AS seasons did. This all might not translate into enough $$$ 

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

“Rigged” for Jimbo is nonsense :deadbanana4: They have the exact same challenges as every other season, yet suddenly it’s “rigged” because the challenges are in Jimbo’s wheelhouse.” Not her fault her wheelhouse is pretty much everything but dancing. 

• Like 3

Is anyone here for Alexis Michelle to return for a vtw season? I genuinely find her to be such entertaining television. Her + Thorgy could be hilariously messy

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

Is anyone here for Alexis Michelle to return for a vtw season? I genuinely find her to be such entertaining television. Her + Thorgy could be hilariously messy

yes but not now maybe in 2-3 years

4 hours ago, Vespertine said:

I have to assume it’s just not financially worth it to a lot of queens. They are wary of going back on the show and not getting a big enough return on time and investment. We know Heidi spent a ton on runways, and that’s before you even get into all the cancelled bookings. They film during the summer, meaning queens have to cancel top-paying pride gigs. Trixie won and said she basically broke even after taxes. 

Some of them are more poorly received the second (or third) time around and might worry about affecting their bookings. Even when queens are well received, as long as it’s on Paramount+ instead of real TV, they won’t get the same boost on socials etc. as earlier AS seasons did. This all might not translate into enough $$$ 

All of that makes sense, good explanations.

4 hours ago, Vespertine said:

“Rigged” for Jimbo is nonsense :deadbanana4: They have the exact same challenges as every other season, yet suddenly it’s “rigged” because the challenges are in Jimbo’s wheelhouse.” Not her fault her wheelhouse is pretty much everything but dancing. 

Pretty much! In fact, we had pretty much every kind of challenge this season, with 2 sewing challenges and a talent show where Jimbo excelled as well.

6 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Yeah, as simple as that. Basically they’re complaining about riggory but at the same time they are saying that production should have rigged the entire season to give Jimbo a hard time or favour someone else. She signed up for Drag Race, not Dancing with the Stars.

3 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

absolutely she's talented and messy outside the challenges perfect for rpdr and to be pushed to the top2 over certain drag [redacted] 

I don’t get the theory that it was rigged for Jimbo. Yes - I’ll admit that the cast was pretty weak. That said, Jimbo served in almost every single challenge this season. The rusical was her only downfall and is the only challenge that I could say rigor morris was implemented on. Aside from that, she earned her placing every single week. If it had been a stronger cast then maybe she wouldn’t have won, but she was with the cast that showed up and she was the clear winner from day one. Jimbo was a star in each of her seasons and she absolutely deserved to win this one. 

13 hours ago, G.U.Y said:

+

Half of the cast of AS2 were from S5

And they had good chemistry

They can try and do that again in like 3/4 years with S14/15 girls 

Mistress, Lux and Loosey + 2 other girls

Exactly, Season 5 was one of the best seasons ever and that's why AS2 is so great. They brought back all the good girls plus the best ones from previous seasons. 

Mistress

Loosey

Lux

Daya Betty

Lady Camden 

Jasmine Kennedie

Crystal Methyd

Brooke Lynn Hytes 

+ Plus queens from Season 16

Just to name a few would make a great cast for an upcoming All-Stars season

• ATRL Moderator

i think jimbo would have dominated as6 just as much as as8, if not more. the challenges were largely the same (as they are every all stars season) and as6 was a pretty even playing field when it came down to the final 5:

• variety show - high/win
  • ball - high/win
  • ad - high/win
  • rusical - low/btm
  • improv - high/win
  • acting - high/win
  • girl groups - safe/low
  • snatch - high/win
  • design - high/win
  • stand up - high/win

she arguably had a shot at winning 6/7 challenges on as5 too, 6/8 on as4, 5/7 on as3, etc etc

all stars in general is just very in jimbo's wheelhouse. if she chooses to appear on a future all winners, that will be the real test of her abilities against other queens this thread perceives as strong competition

6 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

Yeah I think she’s entertaining af and camp. The fans take her way too seriously. They ask for drama and over the top personalities and when they finally get them, they complain. Bye!

• Like 1

My mom pointed out that Kandy was fully wonga in her finale performance, and she really was like wtf was that :deadbanana4:

AS8 was made for Jimbo to win but it wasn't rigged for Jimbo to win :bird: it's not riggory when you're objectively destroying the competition

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

AS8 was made for Jimbo to win but it wasn't rigged for Jimbo to win :bird: it's not riggory when you're objectively destroying the competition

Very much Alaska teas 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bestfiction said:

This. Like compare the challenges this season to AS6. This season had 5/6 comedy challenges, AS6 had max 3. They set it up so Jimbo had the best chance at winning 100%, which is fine because it’s what should’ve happened on UKvTW

So what’s next?

"this season was designed for jimbo to win!" as producers give away 1 win, a lot of them undeserved, to each girl to build a rudemption arc  :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

Very much Alaska teas 

Nope. Alaska's stans will always try to sneak her among the greats and I will always be there to remind them that she won undeservedly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Nicky Doll saying she talks to Sherry Pie because she didn’t do anything to her um :rip: 

AS8 being rigged for Jimbo to win because of the challenges is giving S3 was set up for Raja to win because of the design challenges 

Like, these girls were probably gonna win regardless. And thank goodness they did. MANila and PANNEDdy in the winners circle :mazen: 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 7/25/2023 at 6:45 PM, G.U.Y said:

Mistress, Lux and Loosey + 2 other girls

Very this!

Mistress
Luxx

Loosey

Marcia x3

Amythest (:fan:)

Daya Betty

Jorgeous

Bosco

Utica Queen

Gigi Goode

Laganja Estranja
Mystique Summers Madison

The talent :alexz:And the lip sync we'd get :worship2:

51 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Nicky Doll saying she talks to Sherry Pie because she didn’t do anything to her um :rip: 

I mean, prison penpals are a thing

benii.thumb.jpg.bde35e87a92f74a43c0fcfd8

3 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

I mean, prison penpals are a thing

benii.thumb.jpg.bde35e87a92f74a43c0fcfd8

:rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.