RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I think a better way of rigging the rusical to save Jimbo would have been to just make it a "you all did so well so nobody is in the bottom" situation. Jimbo didn't do badly, nobody did Jimbo was the weakest sure but I'd have been happy with them all being safe for that one. Then we wouldn't have had to have that nonsense with the makeover being a top three and had a top three rather than a top two. Anyway other than that i don't think any of Jimbo's placements were unfair and Kandy was pushed too. 

• Thumbs Down 1

16 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

i maintain there was little to no rigging for jimbo this season. she could've won the design challenge, the ball, and the improv challenge if the producers really wanted to lay it on thick as well as a couple more lipsyncs

Getting Jimbo on a season full of early outs is all the rigging she needs. Like, "Competition? what competition?" tea.

6 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Getting Jimbo on a season full of early outs is all the rigging she needs. Like, "Competition? what competition?" tea.

This spill :coffee:

________

Also, miss Jimbo winning ep2 and lipsyncing against Pangina  :toofunny2:  what are the odds of this happening :deadbanana4:

I'm happy that she won :clap3:BUT, you can't deny the favoritism 

Hopefully Pangina is next :sistrens:  and then cast them both on an AW season 

17 hours ago, Solaris said:

Do you all think Kylie or Symone are a stronger DR contestant 

Symone and it’s not close 

Kylie is a strong contestant though, don’t get me wrong, I think how well she did on AS6 is often understated by fans, however I consider Symone pretty much a drag race titan. I feel as if her run on S13 was one of the cleanest and strongest well-rounded runs on any DR ever. I pray for Symone’s competition on AW2. Ru also adores her.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:18 AM, Bimbo said:

People paid for this skljfdgjslgjkfg

bruh she just really lacks the taste level 

there's literal soap bottles with a cute silhouette, why choose this one?

let's not pretend this looking good isn't 90% of the background's and editing's work. this look would lowkey suck on the mainstage :( a Tia Kofi ice cream tea

I think Jimbo is the first queen to win by utilizing the all-stars format. She formed an alliance with Kandy and it got her the win. She refused to argue all season even though she had all the ammo to. Every time she was in front of Ru she was trying to make her laugh. Scientific parents having high IQ queen. She was allergic to winning the lip syncs whether intentional or not. She ATE this. Devoured. Mmhm nyum nyum no crumbs left.

On 7/24/2023 at 5:23 PM, Hexchromatica said:

They literally tried to make the final lipsync song Milkshake by Kelis because Jimbo sent producers that track as part of her wheelhouse at the start of the season. Jimbo’s been great this season and probably won on her own merit but the season was absolutely rigged around her

but what is there to rig girl... she's funny, fashionable, can write, can paint and can follow a one two step in her own way. Drag Race doesn't have any other challenges. The only moment of rigging was maybe her not being in the bottom for the rusical but she tactfully chose her part and sold it so now what? Point out the rigging pls

9 hours ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Tbh I think a better way of rigging the rusical to save Jimbo would have been to just make it a "you all did so well so nobody is in the bottom" situation. Jimbo didn't do badly, nobody did Jimbo was the weakest sure but I'd have been happy with them all being safe for that one. Then we wouldn't have had to have that nonsense with the makeover being a top three and had a top three rather than a top two. Anyway other than that i don't think any of Jimbo's placements were unfair and Kandy was pushed too. 

The top 2 was a top 2 to allow as many queens to have a chance at winning the multiplier how is this not clear just from watching the show lol

Kandy didn't win any extra money. Having a top 3 just gives less people a chance at winning the fame games.

Regardless of weak competitions, jimbo wins are often undeniable. Her snatch game would give her the win in almost any seasons. She performed on top notch level

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bimbo said:

TxAMFEg.jpg581jthc.jpg

STARPOWA :jonny5:

I like Symone but there are times when she feels like a RuPaul tribute act :rip:

34 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

Regardless of weak competitions, jimbo wins are often undeniable. Her snatch game would give her the win in almost any seasons. She performed on top notch level

Is this so hard to admit? :rip:

They’re so quick with the riggory comments, or with how she had NO competition. Had she performed exactly the same in last year’s All Winners, she would have replaced Trinity in both the Snatch Game and the Roast, winning the episode with Jinkx, with a very likely third win for the acting challenge together with The Vivienne. And that’s three wins already.

It’s all speculation of course, but as long as we may agree that this cast was weak, we can’t deny that Jimbo’s performances were, in many cases, way above the standard level of ANY season even with stronger casts.

Edited by TrueBlood

59 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I like Symone but there are times when she feels like a RuPaul tribute act :rip:

Rupaul wishes she was as cool :rip: Symone stans Rihanna and Rupaul hates her 

No one is denying Jimbo's performance level is top tier and could've garnered a win on any other season, but the fact is they did not pair her with queens that were on her level in terms of looks, comedy or performance level. They paired her with a bunch of early outs and "oldschool" drag type of queens from earlier seasons. How is that not blatant riggory?

Literally AS5 and AS8 have the same narratives for Jimbo & Shea :deadbanana2: The "robbed" queen with "trauma" from losing a season, who's playing it safe and is trying to be sabotaged by the others. Copy + pasted with a similar type of cast too.

Jimbo 100% deserved and they still could have made her clear a season with stronger contestants, and I get that they might be doing AS this way because they don't want to waste queens who could potentially win a season, but they have got to figure out something better than this. The gripe is not with Jimbo, it is with production and their predictability and lack of innovation over the years.

All Stars having less queens, all heavy hitters, with no elimination format is the best thing they can do to turn it around tbh.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf

I need an AS2 level of cast for the next AS season. Everybody on AS2 had something unique about them that made them a strong contender for the crown. 

• Like 1

Jessica and Lala would be great on a vsTheWorld season. I’d love to see them both come back a 3rd time around 

• Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

No one is denying Jimbo's performance level is top tier and could've garnered a win on any other season, but the fact is they did not pair her with queens that were on her level in terms of looks, comedy or performance level. They paired her with a bunch of early outs and "oldschool" drag type of queens from earlier seasons. How is that not blatant riggory?

Literally AS5 and AS8 have the same narratives for Jimbo & Shea :deadbanana2: The "robbed" queen with "trauma" from losing a season, who's playing it safe and is trying to be sabotaged by the others. Copy + pasted with a similar type of cast too.

Jimbo 100% deserved and they still could have made her clear a season with stronger contestants, and I get that they might be doing AS this way because they don't want to waste queens who could potentially win a season, but they have got to figure out something better than this. The gripe is not with Jimbo, it is with production and their predictability and lack of innovation over the years.

All Stars having less queens, all heavy hitters, with no elimination format is the best thing they can do to turn it around tbh.

They didn’t “pair” Jimbo with people. That’s not how casting works. Several girls are called and good deal of them don’t want to do the show for different reasons. That she was the main character of the season and they intentionally showcased her is true, but that was backed by performance and fan support. I don’t think the Shea comparison stands because her performance was weaker than her original season. Jimbo was in top form.

Edited by Life Savers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TrueBlood said:

Is this so hard to admit? :rip:

They’re so quick with the riggory comments, or with how she had NO competition. Had she performed exactly the same in last year’s All Winners, she would have replaced Trinity in both the Snatch Game and the Roast, winning the episode with Jinkx, with a very likely third win for the acting challenge together with The Vivienne. And that’s three wins already.

It’s all speculation of course, but as long as we may agree that this cast was weak, we can’t deny that Jimbo’s performances were, in many cases, way above the standard level of ANY season even with stronger casts.

This.

And btw, to everyone thinking they called early-outs or "weaker" queens to hand the crown to Jimbo, I honestly don't think that was the reason. If you take a look at the last couple All Stars and vsTW, the cast tends to be kinda weak, and I think that's becase the stronger queens refuse to go in; I don't know the reasons, but a lot of sources have been speaking about that for quite a while.

4 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

They didn’t “pair” Jimbo with people. That’s not how casting works. Several girls are called and good deal of them don’t want to do the show for different reasons. That she was the main character of the season and they intentionally showcased her is true, but that was backed by performance and fan support. I don’t think the Shea comparison stands because her performance was weaker than her original season. Jimbo was in top form.

Hmm Shea had a better Snatch Game, better Stand Up, better lip syncs and better runways. The only time she was weaker than in her original season was in the ball. Had they used the original All Star format, she would’ve been top 2 for the last two episodes easily.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

You may be in luck 

43 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

I need an AS2 level of cast for the next AS season. Everybody on AS2 had something unique about them that made them a strong contender for the crown. 

+

Half of the cast of AS2 were from S5

And they had good chemistry

They can try and do that again in like 3/4 years with S14/15 girls 

Mistress, Lux and Loosey + 2 other girls

• Like 2

Just now, Draper. said:

Hmm Shea had a better Snatch Game, better Stand Up, better lip syncs and better runways. The only time she was weaker than in her original season was in the ball. Had they used the original All Star format, she would’ve been top 2 for the last two episodes easily.

I disagree with two of those, and if they had used the same format Jimbo would have... 7/8 wins :rip:, so the point still stands. I'm not saying Shea did not deserve to win, just that I don't find her run comparable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Kameron Michaels, Willam, Adore Delano, Cheryl Hole, Plastique Tiara, Crystal Methyd, Denali, Dahlia Sinn, Gottmik, Asia O’Hara, Acid Betty, Tatianna.

This is a list of queens who have said they had been contacted for AS8 and then rejected the offer at some time (after accepting it or immediately turning it down). And they’re simply the ones we know of ‘cause they said it themselves.

The ones we’ve just seen are simply the ones who accepted the offer and were willing to come back this time, it’s quite ridiculous to think they were specifically casted to favour Jimbo so that she could have the easiest path to her victory.

We could also say that on paper the cast looked even stronger than how it turned out to be in reality: Alexis Michelle could have played a better game, no one expected Heidi to quit, no one expected Lala Ri downgrading her looks, no one expected Kandy Muse not showing A SINGLE upgrade from her original season and so on.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.