RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Lolita's makeup is giving jump scare.

sdkjkfjd

9Pq64vh.png

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Claymore said:

Nicky is an excellent host though.

31 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Spot on about Nicky! But sis...Lolita is abhorrent as a judge.

I haven’t watched DRF to know. I was simply commenting on the fact that she didn’t go very far - same as Jiggly - and that we didn’t really get to know her before. I forgot that Valentina was judging DRM. Even though she didn’t win, she gave us enough memorable moments to be a valid choice. Idk how she is as a judge but I could see why she would be an ideal choice. 

So happy for Jimbo. She deserves it all. :heart2:

Also, they should've given Kahanna The Fames Games crown for that finale look alone wowwww

Brooke Lynn’s first season was rocky but I think she’s evolved into a good host. She serves good looks, seems to be respected by the queens, can banter, and doesn’t steal too much focus from the contestants. 

On 7/22/2023 at 1:58 AM, genetic fail said:

Sounds boring af :skull:

the live reaction video had more interesting dynamics/progression between the two and felt like the finale more than the finale episode itself which says it all for me. was more interesting than the entire last episode. US drag race should take tips from Philippines which had one of the greatest finales in recent memory.

glad you enjoyed the ep though! 

Brooke is a great host tbh

and she should’ve won S11 lbr 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Jimbo seems so genuinely excited about winning. Really happy it happened for him :clap3:

10 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Ok got it. I'd love to see my girl Kandy have her Monet v Jinkx moment though even if Jimbo was always gonna win no matter what.

Except Kandy is no where near as good a lip syncer as Monet so it wasn’t going to happen anyway. Like she barely beat Jimbo in a pop number :rip:

Brooke is a very solid host, but I agree that Nicky is THE BEST! Especially on this new France season, she's doing amazing!

Both Lolita and Valentina are not particularly great yet, but maybe they'll grow a bit in their roles, if they get renewed for a next season.

Canada as a whole is such a bland franchise to me… like I always watch but it just feels so flat and like all the edge is gone. How do queens like Chelazon get cast? :rip: Is the selection that limited? 

• Like 1

Hopefully WOW is currently throwing together a quick filler vsTW season to get Successica crowned :bird:

• Like 2

The producers made Kandy perform her number several times even though she did great the first time. Then she injured her ankle (you can see her ankle injured in untucked)

Later, in the confessional, she was asked about it. How she slipped and injured herself and…. she denied it :ahh: she literally ruined the storyline they were trying to create

wow, I’ve never been more disgusted with the producers :biblio:

Edited by Giancor

How did you all feel about the Rusical being about Joan Crawford

6 minutes ago, Solaris said:

How did you all feel about the Rusical being about Joan Crawford

I'm too young to know who that is, in depth. The only Crawford I know is the Rooms to Go lady.

32 minutes ago, Giancor said:

The producers made Kandy perform her number several times even though she did great the first time. Then she injured her ankle (you can see her ankle injured in untucked)

Later, in the confessional, she was asked about it. How she slipped and injured herself and…. she denied it :ahh: she literally ruined the storyline they were trying to create

wow, I’ve never been more disgusted with the producers :biblio:

When Naysha told this story at Roscoe’s it didn’t make sense to me.

Naysha said what you said, that they filmed many takes of Kandy’s performance. First, according to Naysha, she and Kandy both think they filmed different takes fishing for her to mess up. I’m very skeptical that the producers filmed a bunch of extra takes just to make Kandy look bad. That’s a lot of resources- real time and money- on something that doesn’t matter, and the people deciding how many times to film the finale performance usually aren’t the same people deciding storylines for the season.

Also, just a few weeks ago Naysha was complaining that they let Kandy film many takes in the SNL challenge, so why was that a good thing for Kandy then but bad here?

All that aside, the biggest problem with Naysha’s story is that even if they were trying to make Kandy look bad, they don’t need a confessional of Kandy saying “I injured myself” to show it. Naysha’s story relied entirely on the assumption that, for some reason, they couldn’t show Kandy injuring herself without an accompanying confessional. But that makes no sense. They could easily show Kandy hurting herself, throw in any confessional where she says something like “oh no, this is bad, and I’m so close to the crown, etc”, ask another queen about it and show their confessional talking about it, etc. We make fun of their boldness in stringing together confessionals all the time. This would hardly be the worst offender.

So yeah this story made no sense, I get the impression that either Kandy has a really inflated sense of her importance and influence on set (this is also based on some things Kandy said when she visited Roscoe’s), or Naysha is really just speculating about certain parts and passing it off as fact.

• Like 4

I definitely think Kandy and Naysha both make Drag Race out to be more complicated than it really is. Like, you are not in a mind game with the story producers. There is nothing any contestant can do to stop the producers and editors from doing what they want.

Naysha said she tried a power play against the story producers on episode 1 by only talking about Jaymes in her confessionals (which tbh is such weird behavior now that I write it out LMAO), and lo and behold, she was gone the next episode. Like, you do not have control over the story producers or the editors.

• Like 4

Naysha’s delusional ass thought she would get special treatment because she hosts the official viewing parties. The gag when she got there and realized she was still seen as the disposable boring ***** with fug runways :bibliahh:

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

:ahh:

• Haha 6

The show never made Kandy look bad imo and has no reason to. I actually saw a lot of people prefer Kandy's finale performance to Jimbo's. 

I feel like Naysha thinks she is spilling the hottest, juiciest tea all the time lol

• Like 1

The dumb laugh naysha does before she "spills tea"

• Haha 3

Yall making me want to watch DRF. Maybe i’ll start tonight :duca: 

14 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Yall making me want to watch DRF. Maybe i’ll start tonight :duca: 

You should!

S1 ate so hard and s2 is generally living up to it

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Naysha’s delusional ass thought she would get special treatment because she hosts the official viewing parties. The gag when she got there and realized she was still seen as the disposable boring ***** with fug runways :bibliahh:

But Naysha IS disposable though :gaycat6: the good sis's only skill is to pretend she is that girl and we all know queens don't win based on level of delusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, Claymore said:

Spot on about Nicky! But sis...Lolita is abhorrent as a judge.

Well, to be fair, Nicky is miles above the others, and I think the rest of the girls are worse hosts than most of the others (who aren't former Ru girls). But I think Lolita is still good compared to her peers. She's a little awkward in the canned bits parts, but I think she's very natural in walkthroughs and challenges, and she has a good balance of being supportive and critical. Valentina has more star power, but she's def the inferior host of the pair.

• Like 1

There is a different between drags and drag race. Plenty of amazing drag queens suck at drag race, and vice versa. Based on track records, can you really say that Naysha is worse then the likes of Sugar and Spice who can't perform to save their life?

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.