RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Bro… YES. I feel so seen lmao. Nina is my favorite YouTuber, but I’m really sensitive to sudden loud noises. Every video she edits in SEVERAL very random, sudden cutaways to these stupid, loud jokes like the nun, the Street Fighter one and now her birthday thing. Like she literally stops herself mid-sentence and suddenly blares this loud noise. It’s so infuriating! And the worst part is, like, the production value is so low. Meaning, the cutaways are much louder than the rest of the video, and Nina makes no effort to equalize the sound levels. Which is like, video editing 101!

How have you been a YouTuber all these years and you don’t have the most basic skills down? How are you a person in general and it doesn’t occur to you that other people don’t want to hear sudden, loud noises? And then, after doing less than the bare minimum and putting out these low quality videos, Nina feels SO entitled to people paying for her videos and watching all her non-Drag Race content. The funny thing is, I’m a gamer and I consume a lot of gaming content, but Nina’s is so bad/low effort it’s not entertaining.

Nobody get me wrong, I love Nina, I stan down, but she has these habits that get so annoying after a few years of watching lmao.

When she ruviewed the roast episode and she edited in entire monologues from her followers "roasting" her throughout the entire video  :deadbanana4:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

backflipped like a man is so ******* funny isdhfidshfids

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Yeah, MBH is def salty :toofunny3:

She should be capitalizing off the trend, not being bitter about it nnnn

Mainly because - aside from her appearance (she looked amazing!) she opened up the world to clocking that low energy, lackluster performance. It was a basic track with basic choreo and she didn’t serve any face the entire time. You can’t sit here and say that no one can clock you when I could absolutely do the entire performance better than she did. 

Edited by loveisdead9582

• ATRL Moderator

I— :ahh: :ahh:

28 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

When she ruviewed the roast episode and she edited in entire monologues from her followers "roasting" her throughout the entire video  :deadbanana4:

mariah-carey.gif

43 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

See that didn’t even bother me! It was unfunny and cringey but so is half this thread and I stay here anyway. All I ask is for the BARE minimum, which is that the video stays around a consistent sound level and doesn’t jumpscare me. Anything else, I’ll put up with because I enjoy Nina. And again, as we all know, sound correction/management is THE first thing you do when making a video. It’s just common sense, everyone knows videos shouldn’t have random loud noises, and that videos should try to keep an even sound level throughout. But apparently that doesn’t register in Nina’s brain?? It baffles me. And then if you try to give her any of this feedback, she is permanently defensive and will not only block you, but take pride in doing so as if she’s really doing something!

Nina literally goes off on her own viewers/commenters for trying to give her any feedback, and she always tells people to go away and stop watching if they dare to say there’s anything they don’t like in her videos. But then she literally turns around and complains that not enough people are watching, and the people who do watch don’t pay her enough. Like, she has such weak logical reasoning abilities sometimes.

16 hours ago, Yves said:

LaLa Ri and Jessica should've been both in the top 2. The bias towards Jaymes was so BLATANT. :toofunny3:

Nnnnn. I rewatched the episode today. I did still vote for Jessica in the fame games but I have to agree with the top two placement for the week. Jaymes had a hilarious song that she recorded and made me laugh a lot. The only other “funny number” was Darienne (who was the first girl to not totally bomb stand up during the variety show). Lala had a great number that she also recorded with some great choreo and a couple of funny moments.

Jessica’s was good but the choreo wasn’t as good as Lala’s nor was it humorous like Jaymes. It fell short in both categories so I get why she didn’t make it. I still voted for her in fame games because her runways were better than Lala’s and because I enjoyed her performance over the whole season more than anyone else’s. I hope she wins. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Yeah, MBH is def salty :toofunny3:

She should be capitalizing off the trend, not being bitter about it nnnn

Cant she just have fun and enjoy her moment? :gaycat6:

Tell It To My Heart is such a great song, I really wish they showed more of Mistress vs Jax because they edited out the best parts of the song

1 hour ago, PMM said:

I need a whole episode

Why does NPH look like a drag king with drawn-on wrinkles here

• Haha 1

Just now, Solaris said:

Tell It To My Heart is such a great song, I really wish they showed more of Mistress vs Jax because they edited out the best parts of the song

They couldn't afford to EXPOSE MUSTress getting CURBSTOMPED by Jaxxx, not everybody can keep up with an EMOTIVE DANCER to fill up a full song like MarciGOD x3 can :chick3:

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm coming into AS8 as Jaymes little supporter and now I kinda dislike her :priceless:

I hate, hate, hate her style of lipsync ugh

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

They couldn't afford to EXPOSE MUSTress getting CURBSTOMPED by Jaxxx, not everybody can keep up with an EMOTIVE DANCER to fill up a full song like MarciGOD x3 can :chick3:

No, licensing music for TV is just unbelievably expensive, and they pay a ridiculous amount of money for it as is

I promise you baby, nobody is worried about seeing Jax do cartwheels for the fourth time to Tell It To My Heart

The song choice was catered to Mistress’s drag persona and Jax clearly did not adapt

Also, something people don’t talk about nearly enough, the outfits in a lip sync matter. A lot. Perfect examples being Coco in Cold Hearted and Utica in My Humps. Makeup in particular matters a lot. For example, Malaysia’s makeup was bad and really limited what we saw of her face.

Jax’s makeup, outfit and especially wig in the LalapaRuza were terrible, literally quite painful to look at. And she doesn’t pad or do anything to give herself some presence, to draw the eye to herself. It was literally hard to take Jax seriously when performing a song like Tell It To My Heart in that outfit next to Mistress, who was one of the most captivating queens on that season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

No, licensing music for TV is just unbelievably expensive, and they pay a ridiculous amount of money for it as is

I promise you baby, nobody is worried about seeing Jax do cartwheels for the fourth time to Tell It To My Heart

The song choice was catered to Mistress’s drag persona and Jax clearly did not adapt

Tell it to the girls that actually saw the UNEDITED lipsync, that all unanimously said Jaxxx DEMOLISHED and NUKE'd MIDstress.

The way the editors had to cut out so much out of FLABstress CHOKING, with her doing her repetitive lil goofy face and boob bounce one-and-two performance that they had to fill in the time and couldn't afford to edit out the other girls CLOCKING the PAYOLA'd pass they gave Missteak. :bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Oh and part of the reason Nina in Finally is one of the best lip syncs is because her outfit, especially the makeup and hair, was so captivating to look at

• Like 1

I like Jax, but :rip:

Drag-Race-Jax.jpg

She's trying to give some '80s Salt n Pepa but I'm just getting McDonald's...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Why does NPH look like a drag king with drawn-on wrinkles here

because he is

1 minute ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Tell it to the girls that actually saw the UNEDITED lipsync, that all unanimously said Jaxxx DEMOLISHED and NUKE'd MIDstress.

The way the editors had to cut out so much out of FLABstress CHOKING, with her doing her repetitive lil goofy face and boob bounce one-and-two performance that they had to fill in the time and couldn't afford to edit out the other girls CLOCKING the PAYOLA'd pass they gave Missteak. :bibliahh:

You put way, way too much faith into what is said on the show. Producers literally stop contestants mid-conversation, take them to the side, tell them what to say, and send them back out to say it. Producers literally stop and refilm conversations as needed to get what they want. Contestants literally make secret agreements to start fake fights with each other for camera time. If something said on the show contradicts my own perception, I don’t automatically believe whatever was said just because it was said on camera. 

I trust my own eyes, and I saw Jax start that lip sync out at 100. Tell It To My Heart is a long song with an emotional progression. Pacing is very important in that kind of a song. Perfect pacing is another reason Nina was so good in Finally!

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Subomie said:

I like Jax, but :rip:

Drag-Race-Jax.jpg

She's trying to give some '80s Salt n Pepa but I'm just getting McDonald's...

I really can’t say enough how much I hate this outfit LMAO

I cannot tell if the worst part is the wig, the makeup or the clothes

i think if I had to choose I would go with the wig 

And Jax is just so short and boxy and just refuses to develop a shape in her drag, I justtttttt

Jax is REALLY hot out of drag though, he and Aura may be the 2 hottest men on the show ever

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.