RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

The anetra obsession will never make sense to me :rip:

a glorified jax

It was mainly for how viral her talent went. Tbh, I was (and still am) obsessed with it, it's a pity that for the rest of the season she kinda went unnoticed most of the times.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Jinkx tho

She clearly meant "being in the top 2 twice and not winning", the fact she already acknowledges it is sending me.

TrueBlood

Edited by TrueBlood
  • Like 1

I absolutely love Anetra, she is already in my top 20 fave ru girls of all time, it’s just that I would’ve never supported her over Sasha :rip:  Sasha was a much stronger winner at the time.

Had Anetra been on majority of other regular seasons, I would’ve rooted for her. Like I hands down would’ve wanted her to win had she been on S14.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 8:07 AM, Bimbo said:

I love Dida's personality and I want her to thrive so badddd but what the **** was she seeing in the mirror before stepping out? :deadbanana4:

Eye makeup serving Boss & CEO's new mug and styling by Helen Keller

she looks cracked out like tokyo toni :rip: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I think it's a semantics thing. Like Jinkx was in a top 3 in season 7, just like how Chad Michaels was for season 4, and Monet was top 2 twice, but won once and didn't make the top 4 at all once. Kandy and Raven (assuming Kandy loses) will be the only two queens in Drag Race history to be second place twice and to never place below second either. Very much a random meaningless statistic, but still interesting that for such a long running show with so many off shoots it has only happened twice.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

It's just because there hasn't been a lot of top 2s

S1 - Bebe & Nina

S2 - Tyra & Raven

S3 - Raja & Manila

S9 - Sasha V & Peppermint

S11 - Yvie & Brooke Lynn

S13 - Symone & Kandy

S14 - Willow & Camden

S15 - Sasha C & Anetra

AS1 - Chad & Raven

AS3 - Trixie & Kennedy

AS4 - Monet & Trinity

AS7 - Jinkx & Monet

AS8 - Jimbo & Kandy

Out of all the queens who have been top 2 - only Bebe, Raven, Nina, Manila, Raja, and Kandy have even had the opportunity to make a final 2 more than once.

Who do you all think would’ve been Top 2 in the non Top 2 seasons? :celestial3:

for me:

S4 - Chad Michaels

S5 - Alaska

S6 - Adore Delano

S7 - Ginger Minj

S8 - Kim Chi

S10 - Eureka O’Hara

S12 - Gigi Goode

AS2 - this one is hard… but probably Katya

AS5 - Miz Cracker

AS6 - Rajah O’Hara

13 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

for me:

S5 - Alaska

Roxxxy Andrews, sweetie... :biblio:

Imagine a Jinkx vs Roxxxy Top 2 LSFTC, iconinc after a season-long feud

46 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

for me:

S4 - Chad Michaels

S5 - Alaska

S6 - Adore Delano

S7 - Ginger Minj

S8 - Kim Chi

S10 - Eureka O’Hara

S12 - Gigi Goode

AS2 - this one is hard… but probably Katya

AS5 - Miz Cracker

AS6 - Rajah O’Hara

S4 - Phi Phi (they were gonna carry that rivalry all the way to the end if they could've)

S5 - Alaska (Roxxxy did great this season but I def think the season placed her more in a pure villain area than a rivalry like Sharon/Phi Phi had, so I think she would've been "punished" here)

S6 - Adore (finale tea makes this obvious lmao)

S7 - Ginger (i love Pearl but i don't think she was ever a true contender for the crown in anyone's eyes)

S8 - Kim (kim's popularity at the time was super close to edging her over Bob for the crown, so obvs her)

S10 - Eureka OR Asia (this is assuming no LSFTC, I think both were contenders in productions eyes, but Eureka's controversies at the time could've pushed her behind Asia)

S12 - Gigi (Crystal wasn't a serious contender for the crown imo, and tho i see ppl say this all the time, i don't think the season was MADE for Sherry to win, and idk if they would've confidently put her in the top 2 with Jaida or Gigi and expected her to win)

AS2 - Katya (I love Detox, but I think Katya's sheer popularity would've made production cut her here. i still believe Detox showed the greatest amount of growth between her OG season and AS2)

AS5 - Cracker (since they pushed her a LOT, but I would've wanted Juju :chick3:)

AS6 -  Rajah (Eureka had the least wins+was eliminated and brought back, and Ginger had a villain-esque edit, so Rajah seems like the only choice)

FWIW, I don’t think Jaida or Symone were super obvious winners, definitely frontrunners but I was not going to be shocked if Gigi/Crystal or GottMik took it.

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

NOT boss & CEO :bibliahh: 

spacer.png

Dida being crunchy since her debut but still having slightly better runways despite her season being a decade ago is honestly so sad for Lala :deadbanana2:

At that point it’s not even budget, it’s just taste level. 

No it's not because Lala has made it a POINT to say she doesn't really like putting much huge effort into her drag, she enjoys performing so the idea of makeup and clothes/hair dont appeal much or matter.

Dida calls herself a fashion girl and a label *****, she literally just has no taste. :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

FWIW, I don’t think Jaida or Symone were super obvious winners, definitely frontrunners but I was not going to be shocked if Gigi/Crystal or GottMik took it.

I think they planned on crowning Gigi until Jaida got the overwhelming fan support & Gigi got some backlash online.

However, Symone was VERY obvious for her season. She had that crown the moment Ru called her a star early on. I never felt like Mik had a chance over her. :pool:

9 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

I think they planned on crowning Gigi until Jaida got the overwhelming fan support & Gigi got some backlash online.

However, Symone was VERY obvious for her season. She had that crown the moment Ru called her a star early on. I never felt like Mik had a chance over her. :pool:

Maybe it’s just because I saw Mik as the payola queen, while they were quick to toss Symone into the bottom every time it was deserved, but production, from start to finish, did everything they could to assure Mik would have a strong track record and no chance to go home, idk :pool: 

2 hours ago, Jaded. said:

The funniest thing is everyone saying Mik but forgetting rose :dies: 

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

The funniest thing is everyone saying Mik but forgetting rose :dies: 

I didn’t forget her, Brické was not touching a crown, Ru HATED her

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Maybe it’s just because I saw Mik as the payola queen, while they were quick to toss Symone into the bottom every time it was deserved, but production, from start to finish, did everything they could to assure Mik would have a strong track record and no chance to go home, idk :pool: 

They knew Symone hold her own in a lipsync and even if other queen beat her it would be just slightly that they could rig it. 

And she's the obvious winner from the top 4 because of that. 

Maybe I’m just gullible, but winners are never immediately obvious to me. I can’t reliably predict a winner based just on the first 2 episodes. It’s possible I’m just bad at guessing the winners, but I also think there’s a lot of people who lie about reading spoilers and pretend they’re just great at reading the show. If we didn’t have spoilers, I think there’s be way fewer people claiming they “guessed” the winner immediately.

Okay like, Sasha last season was the perfect example of spoilers leading the narrative. Sasha is obviously one of the best performers in the world, but Drag Race challenges are their own thing entirely and we’ve seen queens just as good as Sasha fail at Drag Race. I mean, we literally saw another Miss Continental fail badly at Drag Race three times now :rip: when everyone was certain Sasha would win and nobody doubted that she would excel in every challenge, it was obvious the spoilers about her track record had gotten around in a big way.

My point is, I’m not good at guessing winners right off the bat, and I’m skeptical that most of the people claiming they can guess are really just reading spoilers, whether directly or indirectly.

Anyway, spoilers for this week: Monica Beverly Hillz wins the talent show and eliminates Jimbo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Anyway, spoilers for this week: Monica Beverly Hillz wins the talent show and eliminates Jimbo.

This was predictable since the cast was announced, especially since it's already confirmed Monica Beverly Hillz wins All Winners 2.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

This was predictable since the cast was announced, especially since it's already confirmed Monica Beverly Hillz wins All Winners 2.

No Monica makes it to the top 2 in AW2, but she loses the final lip sync to Kandy, who is there because she won AS8 after Monica eliminated Jimbo in the talent show.

Monica won UKvsTW season 4. The top 3 that season was Monica, Rosé and Jax.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Maybe I’m just gullible, but winners are never immediately obvious to me. I can’t reliably predict a winner based just on the first 2 episodes. It’s possible I’m just bad at guessing the winners, but I also think there’s a lot of people who lie about reading spoilers and pretend they’re just great at reading the show. If we didn’t have spoilers, I think there’s be way fewer people claiming they “guessed” the winner immediately.

Okay like, Sasha last season was the perfect example of spoilers leading the narrative. Sasha is obviously one of the best performers in the world, but Drag Race challenges are their own thing entirely and we’ve seen queens just as good as Sasha fail at Drag Race. I mean, we literally saw another Miss Continental fail badly at Drag Race three times now :rip: when everyone was certain Sasha would win and nobody doubted that she would excel in every challenge, it was obvious the spoilers about her track record had gotten around in a big way.

My point is, I’m not good at guessing winners right off the bat, and I’m skeptical that most of the people claiming they can guess are really just reading spoilers, whether directly or indirectly.

the moment Sasha was cast she won imo. Naysha has never been regarded the same way as Sasha if that's who you're referring to 

but in general yes, I agree. the only 100% clockable winners in the US series are probably Raja, Bianca, Bob, Symone, Shea (AS5) and Sasha to me

23 minutes ago, Solaris said:

No Monica makes it to the top 2 in AW2, but she loses the final lip sync to Kandy, who is there because she won AS8 after Monica eliminated Jimbo in the talent show.

Monica won UKvsTW season 4. The top 3 that season was Monica, Rosé and Jax.

I guess you're right, Willam gave me the wrong spoilers.

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Sasha would win last season based on the sole fact that no queens could send her home in a lipsync. It's as simple as that. She's versatile and can kill both the Beyonce and Kate Bush lipsyncs last season. There's a reason every queen loves her and hyped her up since like S7/8.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Little Dark Age said:

the moment Sasha was cast she won imo. Naysha has never been regarded the same way as Sasha if that's who you're referring to 

but in general yes, I agree. the only 100% clockable winners in the US series are probably Raja, Bianca, Bob, Symone, Shea (AS5) and Sasha to me

And this AS8. Jimbo just got off UKvTW straight to AS is such a tell. And she's Ru's all time favorites as well.

54 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

And this AS8. Jimbo just got off UKvTW straight to AS is such a tell. And she's Ru's all time favorites as well.

Yeah… the season isn’t over yet and we don’t know who won but I have a feeling that the second the other girls saw Jimbo they all just… died a little inside. 

I do like seasons where I can’t immediately guess the winners in the first few episodes. These last two seasons and AS8 I’ve been able to guess it after the first episode or two. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.