RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I think Kandy did not pick Jimbo because 1) she'd make Heidi right and 2) the fans would go mad. Regardless, I am excited for the extravaganza next week and I hope we'll get the reading challenge as well. 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate the makeover unless they’re making over each other :rip:

Anyway, SUCCESSICA FOR THE FAME GAMES. 

• ATRL Moderator

three good makeovers. kandy clearly won. jessica/alexis/darienne for the fame games :clap3:

Kandy at least stood a small chance against Jessica. She handed Jimbo the 200,000$ :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

I HATE the makeover episodes, they're always my least favourite challenges.

Anyway, Kandy's decision is the only reasonable one tbh for countless reasons.

1) If you go by track record, you need to save Jimbo.

2) If you think the LSFTC is an important factor for the final win, you need to keep Jimbo in and eliminate the best lipsyncer out of the two. She's not dumb, she knows production is going to crown Jimbo for sure (and deservedly so), but what if she completely screw the final lipsync? They can edit that out of course (imagine if Jimbo is too clumsy or trips), but maybe in her heart she's also hoping she screws it THAT much to actually force production to go for something like a double crowning.

3) She knows she's generally hated by many fans out there. To eliminate Jimbo would have been the worst decision in her career.

4) It was the final build up to what they've been talking about the whole season: Kandy was accused by Heidi, Heidi left also because of this. It was just logic for her (regardless if she's being true or fake) to prove Heidi wrong.

5) There's no way she didn't know that out of the three, she's the least likely to win the crown. If she kept Jessica, Jessica would have won the crown and Jimbo the Fame Games. By saving Jimbo, she basically gave the crown to a best friend of her, secured Jessica's win for the Fame Games (it's either her or Lala imo) and saved herself from eternal lashings.

Jimbo had to be in the bottom in the first episodes for her to being seriously considered for the chop. I'm 100% sure Kandy would have also saved her had she been in the bottom in the Rusical episode.

Edited by TrueBlood

44 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

It’s not like Kandy is winning against either so from her perspective I guess it wasn’t too difficult. If anything she wanted to make sure Jimbo would win at the end given her track record. 

Do you think Kandi, one year ago during filming and after winning 2 challenges and a lip sync, knew she was going to be received so poorly by the fans? Do you think Kandi knew people would feel she was favored? I don’t think she had any reason to expect that.

At this point, Kandi had a better track record than Jessica, better relationships with everyone on set from the producers to the judges to the other contestants, and she was more popular than Jessica because Jessica competed 10 years ago.

So I think the speculation that Kandi didn’t think she could beat Jessica is wrong. Kandi had every reason at the time to think she was second behind Jimbo, and Jessica was third. I think Kandi literally chose between winning the season by eliminating Jimbo or forfeiting the season by eliminating Jessica here, even if in hindsight she probably would have lost either way due to fan prrception.

And I would love to know why Kandi gave up here. My best guess is that it was mainly a combination of 1) Kandi wanted a better fan reception this time, and especially wanted vindication against Heidi’s accusation and 2) Kandi is close with Jimbo and couldn’t bring herself to deny Jimbo the crown she rightly earned.

Literally everything has gone wrong this season lol, and that includes the voting choices consistently being so poorly explained on the show. It felt like they lost half the footage with how little they explained some eliminations like Kasha, Jaymes, Lala, etc. I had to watch Roscoe’s to find out why they were eliminated lol. And here we are again, trying to figure out why this person eliminated that person because the show doesn’t tell us **** anymore.

• Thanks 1

And I don’t think Kandi eliminated Jessica because she’s planning around the final lip sync either. Jimbo had just beaten Silky at this point, and this filmed after All Stars 7 aired so Kandi would have seen what happened with Jinkx and Monet and Kandi would’ve known not to rely on a fair lip sync.

Sissy is such a slur, the show should’ve done better and not allowed that drag name to be chosen

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Can we blame him?

This season has been very imbalanced at best. It’s had some great moments but mostly dull ones. 

Also, AS8 has been the absolute definition of a “some stars” season so the lack of enthusiasm towards it is it be expected. 

:rip:

If the rumoured AS9 list is true interest will be vastly stronger. 

I don’t understand the “some stars” comments

Who would you have taken off this cast besides Monica?

I think that the personal relationships between Heidi, Jimbo and Kandy is WAY stronger than what we think/suppose from what we have seen this season. They are always together even behind the scenes, they're even going on a drag cruise tour just the three of them together this summer.

I think Heidi was shocked as soon as she heard that from Kandy (or simply overreacted), and Kandy genuinely wanted to prove something to Jimbo. They probably had an alliance from WAY before they started shooting the season that was to reach the top 3, then fight for the crown.

Edited by TrueBlood
  • Like 1

The most interesting scenario for this episode would have been with Jessica winning and who she would have chosen for the finale. I have no doubt Jimbo would have saved Kandy. With Jessica, I'm not sure. I think she had a closest relationship with Jimbo but she also seemed very determined to do whatever she needed to do for the crown.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Filler episode :rip: predictable outcome, boring makeover challenge, horrible lipsync

That part. I burst out laughing at Kandy trying to serve face doing the Bey topline vocals. 

Peronka has had some great lipsyncs but this was crunchy, especially her split.

Edited by Both Sides Now

1 minute ago, TrueBlood said:

They probably had an alliance from WAY before they started shooting the season that was to reach the top 3, then fight for the crown.

Crazy that you picked up on this lol, Heidi said exactly that at Roscoe’s. Apparently she, Kandi and Jimbo were literally on your together when all 3 of them were casted for this season. Heidi said they all immediately agreed on an alliance, and that after learning who else was on the season, the 3 of them all felt they were the strongest contestants and they expected to be in the finale together.

This led to a very awkward moment because Heidi said this at Roscoe’s, meaning Naysha was right there when Heidi indirectly said that she, Jimbo and Kandi didn’t consider her competition. :skull: So then Naysha maybe got defensive and and interrupted to say, “but I was cast last so this was before you knew I was on, right?”, and I can’t remember exactly what Heidi said, but it sounded like they did know Naysha was on and Heidi was trying to let her save face after accidentally shading her. :rip

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

That part. I burst out laughing at Kandy trying to serve face doing the Bey topline vocals. 

Peronka has had some great lipsyncs but this was crunchy, especially her split.

I literally thought Pri injured herself at first with the way her leg landed in that split :rip:

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

Crazy that you picked up on this lol, Heidi said exactly that at Roscoe’s. Apparently she, Kandi and Jimbo were literally on your together when all 3 of them were casted for this season. Heidi said they all immediately agreed on an alliance, and that after learning who else was on the season, the 3 of them all felt they were the strongest contestants and they expected to be in the finale together.

This led to a very awkward moment because Heidi said this at Roscoe’s, meaning Naysha was right there when Heidi indirectly said that she, Jimbo and Kandi didn’t consider her competition. :skull: So then Naysha maybe got defensive and and interrupted to say, “but I was cast last so this was before you knew I was on, right?”, and I can’t remember exactly what Heidi said, but it sounded like they did know Naysha was on and Heidi was trying to let her save face after accidentally shading her. :rip

And I have no trouble imagining that Heidi would have been Top 3 hadn't she left. All three of them are very smart and competitive, they probably even imagined how the eliminations could have been and I'm sure they thought to themselves to get rid of Alexis as soon as they could have. On paper, she was their biggest competition in my opinion.

Heidi wasn't seeing top three lmao, she was the weak link in that alliance for sure.

I could see Heidi at 3

or going home the rusical (I still think she lost against brita her season lol)

It was a lose-lose situation for Kandy. Jessica would've won over her either way.

1 hour ago, ReginaPhalange said:

Sissy is such a slur, the show should’ve done better and not allowed that drag name to be chosen

Should've been Jimbo and Jumbo

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Do you think Kandi, one year ago during filming and after winning 2 challenges and a lip sync, knew she was going to be received so poorly by the fans? Do you think Kandi knew people would feel she was favored? I don’t think she had any reason to expect that.

At this point, Kandi had a better track record than Jessica, better relationships with everyone on set from the producers to the judges to the other contestants, and she was more popular than Jessica because Jessica competed 10 years ago.

So I think the speculation that Kandi didn’t think she could beat Jessica is wrong. Kandi had every reason at the time to think she was second behind Jimbo, and Jessica was third. I think Kandi literally chose between winning the season by eliminating Jimbo or forfeiting the season by eliminating Jessica here, even if in hindsight she probably would have lost either way due to fan prrception.

And I would love to know why Kandi gave up here. My best guess is that it was mainly a combination of 1) Kandi wanted a better fan reception this time, and especially wanted vindication against Heidi’s accusation and 2) Kandi is close with Jimbo and couldn’t bring herself to deny Jimbo the crown she rightly earned.

Literally everything has gone wrong this season lol, and that includes the voting choices consistently being so poorly explained on the show. It felt like they lost half the footage with how little they explained some eliminations like Kasha, Jaymes, Lala, etc. I had to watch Roscoe’s to find out why they were eliminated lol. And here we are again, trying to figure out why this person eliminated that person because the show doesn’t tell us **** anymore.

It's that stupid guest judge segment, PLEASE stop doing that

Kandy, girl… so you’re just going to hand Jimbo the crown like that? :rip:

But lbr, had she not pulled Jessica’s lipstick, Ru would’ve pulled a “no one’s going home, it’s a top 3!” stunt. 

Kandy isn’t ignorant to this game - her choice is highly out of character for her & clearly production pressured. The writing would be on the wall at this point. 

• Like 1

YESsica Fame Games winner :clap3:

Kandy knew that 1) the fanbase would’ve eaten her alive had she booted Jimbo right before the finale and she is already not the most favorably viewed queen and 2) she would’ve proved Heidi right all along which would’ve made Kandy look back & like a liar. The backlash from eliminating Jimbo would’ve been muchhh worse than eliminating Jessica. 

I’m sad but Jimbo is winning regardless of who went home in 3rd (not a spoiler, genuinely don’t know any tea on who wins), so I don’t think it really matters honestly. Jessica easily has my vote for the game games though.

Jimbo AS8 Winner :jonny:

Jessica Fame Games Winner :jonny:

and NOTHING for Kandy Muse! :jonny:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.