RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

She definitely brought the drama and made good television, but she was bad on AS2 compared to her original season. 

Phi Phi highkey wasn't even good from a challenge perspective in her original season. Mid runways, her two challenge wins were pretty easy challenges for production to give her some wins so they could carry their big villain to the finale, and while Season 4 is one of the best seasons on a watchability level, it probably has one of the weakest overall casts ever.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

joining in the Bob discourse. I think Ive only watched 2 episodes of Watchery this season. It’s obvious they would both rather talk about something else.

First Impressions is the better format for recaps. I wish he was doing that but he has to keep Monet employed somehow :laugh: 

10 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

for AW2, excluding UK for my mini All Winners UK 

• alaska or bob
  • sasha colby
  • sasha velour
  • chad michaels
  • aquaria
  • bianca
  • trixie
  • an intl winner... priyanka maybe?

Priyanka winning her season against Rita and Jimbo is still mind boggling. I expect she will gag us again and win AW2 

Successica is such a STAR :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Quick Alyssa Edwards, tell us why Kandy should be America's next drag superstar :chick2:

I don't think she should win at all, i think she's better at Drag Race than her two sisters :michael:

also i don't agree with a few of your rankings sis :duck:

YESSica is a star :clap3:

12 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

for AW2, excluding UK for my mini All Winners UK 

• alaska or bob
  • sasha colby
  • sasha velour
  • chad michaels
  • aquaria
  • bianca
  • trixie
  • an intl winner... priyanka maybe?

I feel like non-Ru judged winners should be on a separate season entirely to level the playing field. They don’t stand a chance against the girls Ru already loves.

Priyanka

Icesis Couture

Envy Peru

Vanessa Van Cartier

Carmen Carrera

Pitita

Angele Anang

Elecktra Bionic

This would make a fierce cast tbh!

why are we still having makeover challenge when there are only 3 queens left :toofunny2: this should ve been the final episode. what are they planning for the finale if they are eliminating one of the queens this week? :skull:

6 minutes ago, Afferty said:

why are we still having makeover challenge when there are only 3 queens left :toofunny2: this should ve been the final episode. what are they planning for the finale if they are eliminating one of the queens this week? :skull:

Would've been great to have a non elimination ep earlier so this makeover could be top 4 at least :skull:

Are they voting this week?

Cause :skull: 

it's going to be a tie if the winner doesn't get the lipsync 

16 minutes ago, LastKiss said:

Are they voting this week?

Cause :skull: 

it's going to be a tie if the winner doesn't get the lipsync 

even if the winner loses it would be a tie then the winner gets to break the tie 

2 hours ago, Afferty said:

They really should’ve stuck to 13 queens and a Top 3 :toofunny2:

40 minutes ago, xrosup said:

@GoodGuyGoneGhetto 

Reveal hidden contents

girl, spoilers. edit that out soon or you'll get threadbanned

Spoiler

Thanks. I didn’t even clock this was the main page. :rip:

On 7/6/2023 at 12:42 AM, HotFriedChicken said:

1. Even if there is no distinction between 2nd/3rd place, Roxxxy was also a runner up to Jinkx, and she came back to deliver the WORST run on the show in Drag Race herstory. Alaska wasn't winning the show in 2013 regardless of who her competition was, she's lucky she managed to make it to the finale. 

2. Even with clever editing, Ru's bias and producer favoritism, anybody with eyes can see that Alaska is a horrible lipsyncer, she did not deserve any of those wins.

3. Detox was the STAR of AS2 and yes Katya was the worst in episode 3 but Alaska should also have been in the bottom with her.

4. Alaska's inflated track record is not that impressive on a season that had two winners each week

5. Even if Katya ****** up her performance it was far superior to the borefest Alaska presented. 

1. I do agree, nobody was beating Jinkx on AS5. But I just don't see how Alaska losing S5 is relevant and supports your argument :rip: Monet placed sixth on her original season, won 0 challenges, and was in the Bottom 2 three times. She came back to win AS4 and even placed Top 2 on AS7 (arguably one of the most competitive seasons).
  2. Alaska is not a strong lipsyncer by any means but 'horrible'? :rip: In any case, she can sell the comedic aspect of the performance which makes up for perceivable weaknesses in her lipsyncing ability.
  3. Detox is a star before, during, and after AS2 - that much we agree on. In my mind, she was also #2 on AS2 behind Alaska. You can make a case for Alaska being in the bottom in Episode 3  but let's not pretend the producers didn't set the elimination up that week so that Katya's ass was safe. Every other week had a Bottom 3 and conveniently the week Katya ends up in the bottom, suddenly there's a Bottom 2? You can't call out producer riggory when it benefits queens you hate.
  4. If it's so easy to have an inflate track record, then why hasn't anyone except Dela matched Alaska's four challenge wins with the LSFYLegacy format?
  5. Not 'even if' - Katya DID **** up her performance and the producers saved her ass.

You can hate Alaska but let's not diminish how insane her run on the show was.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 3:12 AM, Relampago. said:

Jinkx won a challenge for not doing the challenge at all (Viral dance video) and no one batted an eye.

not to be too much of a jinkx warrior, but she very much did the challenge :deadbanana2: the girls had to make a tiktok dance that fit their brand, and being a MILF is a huge part of her brand. there's not rlly a lot of complex choreography, but that wouldn't have fit jinkx anyway like it did monet or shea, who were rewarded for it. and at least imo, the final version of jinkx's dance def feels like something i could see one of those white mom tiktok accounts recording with their kids and posting 😭

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PRI definitely won that lip sync but they were both a bit crunchy…

This episode was totally pointless…

just crown jimbo at this point 

Cute episode, but yeah, this season is just not giving me much at this point.

Kandy definitely won the makeover. It will be interesting to see the fan reaction to it, but let's be real - she for sure deserved it!

The lipsync was cute, not one of the worst ones. Pri definitely won though!

Kandy eliminating Jessica... I saw it coming, but I find it hard to believe she decided to 'honor the alliance'. I bet she did it cause she predicts a lipsync for the crown and she feels like she can beat Jimbo in it. Too bad judges don't really go off that in the finale, the lipsync always feels just like a formality, but regardless, I think Kandy is not winning anyway.

Not another episode next week and not the finale :rip: 

Should be cute to have all the girls there and the talent show is usually fun (as long as they actually bring it).

I'm kinda just waiting for this season to end tbh. Just crown Jimbo and let's move on to the next.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

Cute episode, but yeah, this season is just not giving me much at this point.

Kandy definitely won the makeover. It will be interesting to see the fan reaction to it, but let's be real - she for sure deserved it!

The lipsync was cute, not one of the worst ones. Pri definitely won though!

Kandy eliminating Jessica... I saw it coming, but I find it hard to believe she decided to 'honor the alliance'. I bet she did it cause she predicts a lipsync for the crown and she feels like she can beat Jimbo in it. Too bad judges don't really go off that in the finale, the lipsync always feels just like a formality, but regardless, I think Kandy is not winning anyway.

Not another episode next week and not the finale :rip: 

Should be cute to have all the girls there and the talent show is usually fun (as long as they actually bring it).

I'm kinda just waiting for this season to end tbh. Just crown Jimbo and let's move on to the next.

She did it because she thought both Jessica and Jimbo win over her, so she might as well save the one she

1. Has an alliance with and is closest to

2. Thinks deserves it the most

3. Wouldn't replicate UKvsTW

Everyone knows that final lip sync is just for fun idk why people always bring that into the equation like no one cares about that

Edited by kataraqueen

Just now, kataraqueen said:

She did it because she thought both Jessica and Jimbo win over her, so she might as well save the one she

1. Has an alliance with and is closest to

2. Thinks deserves it the most

Everyone knows that final lip sync is just for fun idk why people always bring that into the equation like no one cares about that

That makes sense. Is this tea from Untucked (haven't watched it yet), somewhere else, or just your assumption? 

Just now, NumbSoul said:

That makes sense. Is this tea from Untucked (haven't watched it yet), somewhere else, or just your assumption? 

My assumption I should've clarified 

I did watch untucked and they mentioned nothing but track records basically

Just now, kataraqueen said:

My assumption I should've clarified 

I did watch untucked and they mentioned nothing but track records basically

Oh, well, I agree with you that the lipsync doesn't matter, but I don't think Kandy would feel that way or that 'she loses regardless'. I feel like there must've been some other explanation for her choice. Or maybe she does, idk... I'm interested to hear her explanation on this, cause it's an interesting choice. 

10 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

Oh, well, I agree with you that the lipsync doesn't matter, but I don't think Kandy would feel that way or that 'she loses regardless'. I feel like there must've been some other explanation for her choice. Or maybe she does, idk... I'm interested to hear her explanation on this, cause it's an interesting choice. 

Well she says something along the lines of "I would be dumb to not realize that both of these girls stand between me and the crown" in the actual episode when she's revealing her lip stick, I think that's an indication that she knows it was between Jimbo and Jessica for the crown. I think if she was certain that she beats Jessica in the finale, she'd have picked Jimbo or at least not have said that

Edited by kataraqueen

It’s not like Kandy is winning against either so from her perspective I guess it wasn’t too difficult. If anything she wanted to make sure Jimbo would win at the end given her track record. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.