RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Maybe I am delusional or maybe I am just seeing through the edit and manipulation too much but I thought the judging this episode was way off.

Jimbo - Cleary had the best jokes and a great runway. Easy choice as the winner and I don’t think that should change. With that being said, she is clearly repeating herself and took the “easy” route using characters she knew would work, again Jimbo is playing it smart/safe and the other girls are distant second place at best.

Kandy - I didn’t think she did too bad except I am so tired of her runways, they would look so much better if she just padded her bra.

Jessica - I’ll preface this with I LOVE Jessica and thought she should have won the last improv challenge. Her jokes were not funny, her delivery was the worst of the night and her runway looked off the rack…I thought she did the worse despite Ru’s obvious fake laugh and the OVERLY generous critics. I am glad she is staying but at the end  of it all I thought she was the weakest THIS episode.

Alexis - They clearly wanted her gone. I don’t think her jokes were bad and the delivery was there. They clearly edited her set and the entire episode to get viewers to want her to leave. She had the 2nd best runway of the night. I feel like the judges were told beforehand not to laugh to justify sending her home at all cost.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

Maybe I am delusional or maybe I am just seeing through the edit and manipulation too much but I thought the judging this episode was way off.

Jimbo - Cleary had the best jokes and a great runway. Easy choice as the winner and I don’t think that should change. With that being said, she is clearly repeating herself and took the “easy” route using characters she knew would work, again Jimbo is playing it smart/safe and the other girls are distant second place at best.

Kandy - I didn’t think she did too bad except I am so tired of her runways, they would look so much better if she just padded her bra.

Jessica - I’ll preface this with I LOVE Jessica and thought she should have won the last improv challenge. Her jokes were not funny, her delivery was the worst of the night and her runway looked off the rack…I thought she did the worse despite Ru’s obvious fake laugh and the OVERLY generous critics. I am glad she is staying but at the end  of it all I thought she was the weakest THIS episode.

Alexis - They clearly wanted her gone. I don’t think her jokes were bad and the delivery was there. They clearly edited her set and the entire episode to get viewers to want her to leave. She had the 2nd best runway of the night. I feel like the judges were told beforehand not to laugh to justify sending her home at all cost.

I agree if you go back and watch Jessica’s edit is so choppy. I genuinely was turned off by how much laugher they had at the beginning of her set. It just wasn’t funny at all. 

Jimbo was smart tributing her past runs. Now, ppl would see those seasons if they want more. And they weren't out of place tho, both fits the occasion.

and Jessica is the breakout star this season :jonny:

I hate Denali so much 

will be boycotting that season 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Loving how they keep making the edit look like Jimbo will be in the bottom only for her to stomp every week. See when you're a legend? :heart:

The nerve of Kandy to tell Jimbo she’s always doing a character and the judges might not like it :deadbanana4:

***** when are YOU gonna play a character for once in those acting challenges 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Successica is the breakout star. We need more Puerto Rico girlies!

• ATRL Moderator

Catching up on España and screamed when Alexis Godteo showed up to guest judge in S2 :alexz: Then cried remembering how she was so unfairly eliminated while Blair and Cracker went on to slay another day :chick3:

34 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

The nerve of Kandy to tell Jimbo she’s always doing a character and the judges might not like it :deadbanana4:

***** when are YOU gonna play a character for once in those acting challenges 

Raggedy is so very clearly threatened and scared of Lordbo that she has to resort to sad gaslighting attempts

That kind of **** will work on Alexis Michelle who’s strategy is as foolproof as her haircare tactics, but NOT Jimbo on her 3rd season.

6 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Jimbo is so overrated on here lol I’m cackling at you guys gagging at stuff she’s already done on the show :ahh: 

5 hours ago, Gwegend said:

I agree with this part. Everything Jimbo did on this episode was something she’s already presented- ON DRAG RACE. It was kind of sad to see them all gag for it as if they hadn’t seen it before. I swear they made this season just bc of her outcome on UK vs the World which they probably regret letting happen (aka putting her in the bottom)

Yes, thank you. Jimbo is getting better and better at doing Jimbo, it’s just that this is our third season with Jimbo in the past few years. It doesn’t matter how good the Jimbo is at this point, we are tired of eating Jimbo for every meal.

Jimbo is stomping so effortlessly while looking like she's only using 60% of her energy. To think it's her third run and she hasn't won the show yet. MY GOD, what a queen.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dekkan said:

Jimbo is stomping so effortlessly while looking like she's only using 60% of her energy. To think it's her third run and she hasn't won the show yet. MY GOD, what a queen.

I fully agree it looks like Jimbo isn’t giving 100%!

Most challenges were right up Jimbo's alley, she did repeat her previous iconic characters, she does have rather weak competition this season, yes yes yes, but to not give her her flowers when she's been clearly eating the **** outta this season is criminal. I didn't even root for her before the premiere, but come on...

• Thanks 1

okau im just getting around to actually watching the episodes and kahanna really said im done i wanna go home ffff NONE of those girls wanted to be there besides jimbo, kandy and jessica. istg if this show doesnt change its format or casting or SOMETHING after this absolute MID depressing trainwreck of a season....

2 minutes ago, Dekkan said:

Most challenges were right up Jimbo's alley, she did repeat her previous iconic characters, she does have rather weak competition this season, yes yes yes, but to not give her her flowers when she's been clearly eating the **** outta this season is criminal. I didn't even root for her before the premiere, but come on...

Very convenient season to not have a Lalaparuza, hm?

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

Very - you're absolutely right and like mentioned earlier I have been noticing things like that, of course. But I genuinely think her run is stellar regardless.

As a contestant though I would've sent her ass home Manila-style first chance I got :skull: 

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Dekkan said:

Most challenges were right up Jimbo's alley

Can someone please explain this to me? I’ve seen it said over and over as if the challenges have been different from any other season …? (I realize you’re not saying it negatively, but I’ve seen other people say it as if the season was somehow tailored to her) 

Like, it’s not Jimbo’s fault she is the only queen in this cast who is good at basically everything but dancing :deadbanana: 

The only “favor” to her I guess was not having a Lalaparuza, but honestly I’d say that was a favor to many cast members. 

I was mostly saying the Lalaparuza thing to troll, they didn’t have one on AS6 either.

2 hours ago, OreGuy said:

Jimbo was smart tributing her past runs. Now, ppl would see those seasons if they want more. And they weren't out of place tho, both fits the occasion.

Right? Every other season everyone tributes their previous run(s), but suddenly it’s a problem when Jimbo does it successfully :rip: But I guess it’s better to hear someone drive a single catchphrase from 6 seasons ago into the ground, right? 

Plus, this is probably the first time many US Drag Race viewers are watching Jimbo compete. She deserves for people to see her great characters. 

21 minutes ago, Solaris said:

AS4 is the only All Stars season where queens still in the competition were at risk of being sent home due to a Lalaparooza. 

The AS6 Lalaparooza didn’t impact queens still in the game, and the AS7 lip sync tournaments were at the finale. 

Edited by Rotunda

I'm kinda confused by the format next week - are they going to eliminate someone or not?

• ATRL Moderator

No spoilers!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.