RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Anvarie said:

Some of you are delulu about Jimbo. They’ve done 2 dance related challenges the rest have been part of his broad arsenal of skills. He would’ve gone home in the Rusical if he wasn’t protected by production. This isn’t a Ben moment where they actually ace everything. Imo they made a season to guarantee he would win, otherwise we would’ve gotten more dancing/performance challenges or had the talent show first ep and the group dance later when Jimbo’s mediocre skills couldn’t hide behind the full cast 

Most seasons only have 2-3 performance-based challenges (a Rusical, a RuMix, and more recently a Lip Sync Twist/Challenge). 

There’s nothing abnormal about the challenge distribution this season.

• Like 1

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, unino said:

and who is jimbo's competition? :rip:

AS3 actually has queens who good at drag race and a winner, while AS8? :rip:

AS3 was known for being the beginning of the non-All-Stars seasons lol

Jimbo has Jessica, Kandy and Alexis, who have done great at a lot of challenges and did great on their seasons. Then Jaymes and Heidi put some fight this time around.

Dela had Shangela and Thorgy, I guess? They didn't even exceled in their original seasons, and Kennedy had ups and downs in AS3. Bebe was a winner, but not a top tier one in the Drag Race formula. The rest were just... Meh. It's not like that season was full of juggernauts.

So AS8's and AS3's are kind on the same level of abysmal, let's not.

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

Yes the producers did alter things to cater to Jimbos skill set, but idk when you slay the challenges she did so hard there’s no avoiding that she’s that girl 

2 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Yes the producers did alter things to cater to Jimbos skill set, but idk when you slay the challenges she did so hard there’s no avoiding that she’s that girl 

Yeah I think you can def make a case that they saved her in the Rusical, and put the stupid “if you’re not in the top you’re in the bottom” twist on hold for her, but it’s hard for me to believe the challenges cater to Jimbo’s skillset when over the 3 seasons she’s had strong performances in basically every challenge type that doesn’t require musicality.

10 minutes ago, LewisK said:

Jimbo has Jessica, Kandy and Alexis, who have done great at a lot of challenges and did great on their seasons. Then Jaymes and Heidi put some fight this time around.

Dela had Shangela and Thorgy, I guess? They didn't even exceled in their original seasons, and Kennedy had ups and downs in AS3. Bebe was a winner, but not a top tier one in the Drag Race formula. The rest were just... Meh. It's not like that season was full of juggernauts.

By the time AS3 aired I hadn’t yet watched S6.  I was familiar with the show from memes and knew some of the big names, but Ben had never come up (aside from Darienne beating her in that Point of No Return) lip sync so I was so shocked when she steamrolled. Were the more experienced fans expecting it?

This lipsync was WILD. I loved every second of it. :ahh:

2 minutes ago, LewisK said:

not Kandy being the done great one :ahh:

she is a big name? FOR SURE. but her ass got saved and payola since day 1. and don't let me start on Alexis and Jessica's mediocre run on their season.  

8 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

This lipsync was WILD. I loved every second of it. :ahh:

That song is a bop too, I didn't know it before but it was such an interesting choice!

Jimbo is a ******* icon omg the absolute DOMINATION and PERFECTION served every step of the way this episode

24 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

By the time AS3 aired I hadn’t yet watched S6.  I was familiar with the show from memes and knew some of the big names, but Ben had never come up (aside from Darienne beating her in that Point of No Return) lip sync so I was so shocked when she steamrolled. Were the more experienced fans expecting it?

For me, it was clear since day 1. Dela was kinda "robbed" of the S6 finale, which had an insanely strong top 3. She won 2 challenges and the talent was really showing.

18 minutes ago, unino said:

she is a big name? FOR SURE. but her ass got saved and payola since day 1. and don't let me start on Alexis and Jessica's mediocre run on their season.  

Alexis and Jessica being mediocre on their original seasons? Well, tell me then who are the AS3 powerhouses they can't compare to. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, unino said:

Btw, I'm not a Kandy fan, but the girl must've done some things right to be top 2 of her season, payola can only get you so far. Iirc not a single contestant from AS3 even scratched top2 on their season, the nearest being Kennedy and Chi Chi and were clearly seen as the weaker links of those top 4.

Jimbo is delivering All Winners level challenge performances so I’m not sure where this “she doesn’t have competition!” narrative is coming from 

• Like 1

The Fame Game runways this week :skull:

Alexis Michelle has my vote rn, she has served amazing looks all season, the best and most versatile look package of any queen so far. 

The way Alexis’ alliance with Kandy completely blew up in her face :deadbanana4:

Alexis had it in her delusional head that she was in an alliance with Kandy so opted to vote home Lala after Lala saved her.  

Somehow Kandy spun the narrative that Alexis was untrustworthy for sticking with their alliance and voted for her to go home the next week. 

I would not be surprised if Kandy was trying to convince everyone else to vote Jimbo but never vote for Jimbo herself to avoid fan hate + cover her ass if Jimbo didn’t get the chop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

Yeah the girls are right.  the season has been on a slow uptick in quality ever since the bitter girlie left 

Tea… Like UK3 after the Scarlett girl left. Just energy suckers. I wish Kasha or Darienne got to stick around longer instead. 

• Like 1

jessica surprised me with the roast :clap3: i was kinda expecting her to bomb

alexis deserved to go home for several reasons

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

jessica surprised me with the roast :clap3: i was kinda expecting her to bomb

alexis deserved to go home for several reasons

Jessica has done an incredible job on this season. I hate that the producers are overlooking her :biblio:

Jessica was ******* funny. I was worrying for her bc language barrier but she really delivered. 

Alexis did well, it was a decent safe performance. Defo an improvement over her previous roast. Kii at her "alliance" with Kandy blowing up in her face though. Like what was she thinking making an alliance with Kandy :rip: Jimbo's decision to break their alleged alliance makes sense considering that she implied their alliance at the beginning of the episode :skull:

Kandy was ok, her jokes were really overdone though. 

I am truly in awe of Jimbo and everything that she does. She's a genius :jonny5: If she wins this (which is the only satisfying outcome of the season), she's gonna go down as one of the greatest winners ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unoriginal said:

image.png

is this how the season would've played out with legacy format based on judges' critiques?

One of the best runs in the show's history :jonny5:see when you're a Canadian legend.

On paper, her run looks better than Alaska's (more challenge wins with less opportunities to place in the top because of the LSFYL format, no bottom placements). BUT I would still rank Alaska's AS2 run higher. Alaska was up against real killers who did well in their original seasons (Katya, Detox, Phi Phi, Roxy, Adore) and industry veterans (Alyssa, Ginger, Coco). Even Tatiana proved to be stiff competition.

2 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

image.png

is this how the season would've played out with legacy format based on judges' critiques?

I would've given one of the top placements from ep1 or 2 to Kasha :chick1: also I suppose Heidi doesn't quit if she wins ep2

Alexis got her karma for voting out Lala

:ahh: The way she sucked up to Kandy so much only for Kandy to vote her out and call her duplicitous :ahh:

Well deserved win for Jimbo and that lipsync was a wonderful hot mess :ahh: The baloney :lmao:

There's no way Jimbo won't be the winner in 2 weeks,  her track record is one of the all time best for a US franchise?

Spoiler

And matching Pitita who also won with 4 wins as well on Drag Race Spain.

Edited by Hector

It looked like Jimbo would’ve win the lipsync even if she didnt try eith that gimmick, Silky was so dull and also drag is not a contact sport :biblio:

• Like 2

i mean ofc alexis was going home no matter how she spins it she betrayed lala and forced people to deal with bukaky moose knuckle 1 more week... anyway this was actually a really good episode alexis/jessica/jimbo all ate the roast and the looks were good. im still shook that jessica eating like that i thought she was gonna bomb

anyway tf are they doing, a top 2? i assume if jimbo bombs they ll just skip to top3 

• ATRL Moderator
27 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

I would've given one of the top placements from ep1 or 2 to Kasha :chick1: also I suppose Heidi doesn't quit if she wins ep2

i would've had kasha high ep2 personally but i based this purely off i think who got the second best critiques that week e.g. alexis was praised for all three runways, her verse, and choreo whereas lala was criticised for her rulyfanz runway in ep1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.