RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

The two most payola'd queens this season are Jessica & LaLaRi

loosey-smile.gif

Kandy’s only win deserved to go to Lala and she should have been bottom in both design challenges and improv. Jessica was bottom in the only challenge she deserved to be bottom for and she wasn’t going home against Skathanna even if Byedi didn’t leave, so I fear this cannot be the truth. 

spacer.png

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Kandy’s only win deserved to go to Lala and she should have been bottom in both design challenges and improv. Jessica was bottom in the only challenge she deserved to be bottom for and she wasn’t going home against Skathanna even if Byedi didn’t leave, so I fear this cannot be the truth. 

spacer.png

Kandy's win was maybe obvious (she got the best role) but it was absolutely deserved. She was in the bottom this week undeservedly when it should have been Jessica for that tacky, unsightly outfit she hot-glued.

LaLari has been given so many passes, it's insane. I started to believe the thing that got posted in this thread (:ace:) about her making it to top 2.

Kandy + Jimbo + the one with the last name that Rhymes With Hell top 3 or it's rigged.

mqdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

I must admit the "some stars" commentary pre-season has been right nn :priceless:

However, I don't think this season is that bad (That title still belongs to AS5). One thing they deliver is in drama department : Heidi vs Kahanna, Alexis's whole existence, etc. The challenges isn't that bad either. Jimbo's snatch game is one of the finest, the Improv challenge is surprisingly funny and well-done.

The problem is these girls aren't bringing it in looks department ff. Also once again, many of these queens are pacifying their personalities for the crown, ended up with the most boring version to appear here. And the chemistry between them is pretty abysmal too.

I feel like we’re about to end up with

Spoiler

Jessica

sending

Spoiler

Jimbo

home. I don’t know anything but  I’ve been watching a couple of past AS8 episodes and the telegraphing in the edit is real :biblio: Iconic for her to win but that would be so messy w the fans

Edited by Hexchromatica

2 hours ago, Heirloom said:

I must admit the "some stars" commentary pre-season has been right nn :priceless:

However, I don't think this season is that bad (That title still belongs to AS5). One thing they deliver is in drama department : Heidi vs Kahanna, Alexis's whole existence, etc. The challenges isn't that bad either. Jimbo's snatch game is one of the finest, the Improv challenge is surprisingly funny and well-done.

The problem is these girls aren't bringing it in looks department ff. Also once again, many of these queens are pacifying their personalities for the crown, ended up with the most boring version to appear here. And the chemistry between them is pretty abysmal too.

I don’t agree that the cast besides Monica was a problem (and Monica was only a problem because she quit drag years ago so obviously wasn’t prepared for Drag Race). Everyone in this cast either did very well on their season or is a longtime All Stars fan request. This season has a lot of problems, but the cast isn’t one of them.

I really think the season would have improved to the point of at least being “good” simply by changing the format back to 2 winners instead of 1 winner and an assassin. It would have fixed so, so many problems. I bet Heidi wouldn’t have left if she won a challenge that way (although she deserved to win the ball and didn’t even place high, so who knows).

That said, regardless of the format, another one of this season’s biggest problems was contestants like Naysha, Kasha, Darienne and Jaymes disappointing expectations after years and years of hype. I wanted to see more Ra’Jah/Kylie types of redemptions for at least some of them. I think it was just a coincidence, they’re all capable of better and all just had an off season for whatever reason.

Like, we hoped this season would join All Stars 6 as an example that early outs are real contenders, but instead it’s… kind of showing the opposite. :rip:

54 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I really think the season would have improved to the point of at least being “good” simply by changing the format back to 2 winners instead of 1 winner and an assassin. It would have fixed so, so many problems. I bet Heidi wouldn’t have left if she won a challenge that way (although she deserved to win the ball and didn’t even place high, so who knows).

Totally agree. Judging by the actual placements in the episodes, Heidi could have won the acting challenge in the second episode with Jimbo. I see the eventual Top 2s going this way:

Ep. 1 - Kahanna/Alexis

Ep. 2 - Jimbo/Heidi

Ep. 3 - Jessica/Jimbo

Ep. 4 - Jimbo/Kandy/Jessica (team win for them)

Ep. 5 - Jimbo/Jaymes

Ep. 6 - Kandy/Lala

Ep. 7 - Jessica/Lala

Ep. 8 - Alexis/Jimbo

This way we would have Jimbo at 5 wins, but a more "believable" track record for her competition as well (3 wins for Jessica, 2 for Kandy and Alexis). The overall season would have been way better and more enjoyable this way, it's a shame they didn't apply the top 2 rule.

Edited by TrueBlood

I keep coming back to this like I'm sorry but how could she not win with this promo look... IMMACULATE :WAP:

JIMBO_AS8_4x5_BRANDED.jpg?w=819

2jLkFej.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

I keep coming back to this like I'm sorry but how could she not win with this promo look... IMMACULATE :WAP:

JIMBO_AS8_4x5_BRANDED.jpg?w=819

2jLkFej.png

So far, definitely my fav look she's done of the season. Net Gala is a close second, and the brain look the third one.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

So far, definitely my fav look she's done of the season. Net Gala is a close second, and the brain look the third one.

It kinda blows my mind that she literally was not able to serve glamour AT ALL on her original season and she became the epitome of it for her promo look... I love talent :jonnycat:

6 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

It kinda blows my mind that she literally was not able to serve glamour AT ALL on her original season and she became the epitome of it for her promo look... I love talent :jonnycat:

To say that she's not glamourous at all, I think you maybe need to look up the word "glamour". You question her taste level, I question your knowledge of the english language.

Stuff and Fun Things — Canada's Drag Race Season 1 Episode 10 I was...

Aside from the outfits, I think Jimbo's most impressive glow-up is definitely in the make-up department, it's RIDICULOUS how much she's improved in that aspect.

Edited by TrueBlood

9 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Kandy's win was maybe obvious (she got the best role) but it was absolutely deserved. She was in the bottom this week undeservedly when it should have been Jessica for that tacky, unsightly outfit she hot-glued.

LaLari has been given so many passes, it's insane. I started to believe the thing that got posted in this thread (:ace:) about her making it to top 2.

Kandy + Jimbo + the one with the last name that Rhymes With Hell top 3 or it's rigged.

mqdefault.jpg

Nah, Alexis deserved the win in the rusical. Alexis had the hardest verse, sang better without the obvious auto tune given to only Kandy, executed the most difficult choreography, had the best characterization of Joan and looked best, she swept Kandy in every category.

Kandy has never once deserved to win a challenge, over both seasons. Her win in the roast should have gone to Gotmik, sadly Kandy is a mediocre queen and gets dragged along by producers to create drama and that is why viewers are tired of her.

• Like 1

Alexis is a great queen but I don’t know why it doesn’t fully translate on this show lol 

I guess she fairs better than her daughter Jan 

On 6/25/2023 at 1:08 PM, TrueBlood said:

I stopped reading the essay here. A well-constructed dress, FAR from Trinity's level of polishness.

An essay was needed to educate some of you hoes

Everyone else is great and all, however, I truly appreciate Jimbo's runways and perspective this season :weeps: she's getting me through life with her fashione and wacky ways

I miss the kooky/conceptual queens on Drag Race a bit like Yvie and Crystal Methyd so Jimbo is giving me my fix! :hey:

d84baf7d726a63d90749a94f47001573108ebd65

forever gagged @ this personification of Black Mirror (the good episodes :fan:)

:smitten:

LaLa Ri is another fave of mine this season. The way she effortlessly oozes personality, kiis & good vibes. Her Rusical and Ru Crime challenges are HIGHLIGHTS :clap3:

Valentina & Bianca STANNING Jessica in the PitStop

LATINAS united

:WAP:

9 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Alexis is a great queen but I don’t know why it doesn’t fully translate on this show lol 

I guess she fairs better than her daughter Jan 

I think Alexis is bad at coming up with things on the spot/on the fly, and Drag Race is all about that. I didn't like her Dorothy Zbornak snatch game because she spent almost the entire time repeating quotes verbatim from the show. Alexis is the embodiment of "overprepared."

21 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

Because Tammy Brown and DeLa are saying things through their humor. Their thoughts aren't drowned out by their characters; they're amplified

Laganja would just boot up one of her standard fierce diva yas gawd mawma responses and that's what annoyed them. She was just making sound to be making sound

It was funny to me, and TONS of other people.

The Laganja character was successful and is one of the more iconic actual characters from any season of drag race. 

6 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

It was funny to me, and TONS of other people.

The Laganja character was successful and is one of the more iconic actual characters from any season of drag race. 

these things can all simultaneously be true?

• Like 1

I disliked Lala Ri early in this season, but now I'm kinda impressed at her challenge improvements and how she's like the anti-thesis to the serious undertone amongst other queens. Oh well, if only she waits for a bit and polishes up her fashion taste.

Lala Ri would do great in a VS series

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/26/2023 at 5:28 AM, Solaris said:

Kylie types of redemptions

:deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.