RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Venice B said:

The fact I skipped this week's episode and just watched Pit Stop instead :deadbanana4:

i did the exact same for season 12 - 15 until recently. (though i think i skipped season 14 all together :rip: )

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

So how do you all feel about All Stars 8 in here?

In my opinion this season failed at almost everything it tried to do. There’s been so many problems I don’t even know where to start. More things went wrong than right this season.

im kinda upset that Alexis made it this far over Jaymes :giraffe:

i also wish justice for Monica :bird:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Lolita GODnana is DEVOURING SHARTlentiNO in Drag Race Mexico :bibliahh:

Nina BoLEGEND WON

Didn't Nina quit drag

Alexis Michelle really does deserve an Emmy for this season.

Hate her or love her, the constant dramatics at the worst possible occasions, flipping the script on Heidi when she asked her to confirm that Kandy said she was coming for Jimbo, and gaslighting LaLa into believing that she would have her back, only to win this week and choose LaLa’s lipstick :clap3:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Laura Palmer said:

Alexis Michelle really does deserve an Emmy for this season.

Hate her or love her, the constant dramatics at the worst possible occasions, flipping the script on Heidi when she asked her to confirm that Kandy said she was coming for Jimbo, and gaslighting LaLa into believing that she would have her back, only to win this week and choose LaLa’s lipstick :clap3:

Emmy-worthy performance for sure, but by the preview for next week’s episode, it’s going to backtrack A LOT for her. 

I’m a bit sad that LaLa had to go this way, you could tell she wasn’t expecting it at all when Alexis said her name. She joked about it as usual, but the disappointment was clearly there. She may be weak as hell when it comes to her looks, but in terms of personality she’s such a bright star, I’m gonna miss her a lot. :chick3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

im kinda upset that Alexis made it this far over Jaymes :giraffe:

i also wish justice for Monica :bird:

Wdym justice for Monica? Justice would have been not casting Monica, she wasn’t anywhere near ready and I found her uncomfortable to watch. Then even after she’s eliminated, people try to tip toe around how bad her fame game runways are and it’s just all around uncomfortable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bob kinda has been getting whacked for two weeks straight on twitter :deadbanana4: his backlash era

13 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Wdym justice for Monica? Justice would have been not casting Monica, she wasn’t anywhere near ready and I found her uncomfortable to watch. Then even after she’s eliminated, people try to tip toe around how bad her fame game runways are and it’s just all around uncomfortable.

Tea, I wonder if we can actually recognize her talent in having the worst package EVER on an All Stars. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Tea, I wonder if we can actually recognize her talent in having the worst package EVER on an All Stars. 

Bob and Monet literally have an awkward segment about Monica‘s fame game runway every single episode because they can’t agree on the best way to address Monica. Bob clearly wants to just be honest and move on quickly, while Monet wants to sugarcoat it and find something nice to say.    So basically every time, Bob says Monica’s outfit is ugly which is awkward enough given the “punching down” dynamic between Bob and Monica, then Monet makes it worse by drawing attention to Bob’s meanness. :skull: It’s so uncomfortable.

And for the record Monica was literally in my ideal top 5 prior to the season, I wanted that ***** to ******* DEVOUR.

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Bob and Monet literally have an awkward segment about Monica‘s fame game runway every single episode because they can’t agree on the best way to address Monica. Bob clearly wants to just be honest and move on quickly, while Monet wants to sugarcoat it and find something nice to say.    So basically every time, Bob says Monica’s outfit is ugly which is awkward enough given the “punching down” dynamic between Bob and Monica, then Monet makes it worse by drawing attention to Bob’s meanness. :skull: It’s so uncomfortable.

It’s honestly accurate to my thought process when I see her. Like I feel terrible she went home first, you can tell she feels inadequate and embarrassed. But the looks just… aren’t there. They’re like Season 8 level looks. And I want so bad to make her feel better about herself but it’s hard sometimes to pretend the looks are anything but total boots :rip:

• Haha 1

Just now, brooklyndaddy said:

It’s honestly accurate to my thought process when I see her. Like I feel terrible she went home first, you can tell she feels inadequate and embarrassed. But the looks just… aren’t there. They’re like Season 8 level looks. And I want so bad to make her feel better about herself but it’s hard sometimes to pretend the looks are anything but total boots :rip:

Yeah I agree completely, and I feel this way to a lesser extent with Naysha too. Naysha has clearly been embarrassed by Drag Race several times now and I want better for her, but her All Stars runways and challenge performances were so unimpressive I can’t even take her opinions about the show seriously anymore.

I love Naysha on the Roscoe’s show, so I was really hyped about her being on All Stars. I thought she was just unprepared for season 8, and after all this time watching the show and hosting the recaps, SURELY Naysha had learned enough to at LEAST make it to the halfway point. I thought she could even be a finalist! But literally from the first episode of this season I was so disappointed by Naysha. I couldn’t believe after all these years of clearly feeling like she had something to prove, Naysha opened with that incredibly short, forgettable verse in the first challenge. Naysha talked so much game at Roscoe’s over the years but couldn’t back it up even a little bit. And now she’s messing up her Roscoe’s gig by ranting and raving about how she was treated unfairly, when I know she was lucky to even make it to episode 2, especially since she claims she was outright antagonizing the producers.

So yeah, it’s like with Monica where I WANT so badly for them to do well, and I know they want it too, so when they can’t get there it’s just sad and awkward for everyone.

• Haha 1

I would pay several hundred dollars to learn the full story of Monica being casted on All Stars. We know this year they gave the contestants runway stipends, and next year the format is changing, all in an effort to make All Stars more appealing for the contestants because more and more queens like Rock M Sakura and Peppermint are declining to participate. So in that context, it kind of seems like casting Monica, who literally quit drag YEARS ago and had to assemble an entirely new wardrobe just to do Drag Race, was the biggest example of them scraping the barrel for cast members because everyone else declined.

Basically, I’m speculating that Monica was so unprepared and did so poorly, she played a big part in production caving and changing the All Stars format because she showed them that scraping the barrel for contestants wasn’t going to work.

• Thanks 1

Bianca saying that a lot was missing from Jimbo’s look and she should have been in the bottom, but then saving Kandy in the same breath makes me fear she’s showing early signs of dementia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Bianca saying that a lot was missing from Jimbo’s look and she should have been in the bottom, but then saving Kandy in the same breath makes me fear she’s showing early signs of dementia. 

Yeah that was beyond stupid. While I agree Jimbo could have done something for the head, no other outfit was on the same level of craftmanship. The sleeves alone devoured Kandy's entire runway package.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Jimbo's level of craftmanship was on a COMPLETE other league compared to all of the others outfit combined, c'mon. It was probably conceptually too difficult to perfection with that amount of time ('cause it wasn't perfect at all), but let's not even joke here. 

As if Bianca knows something about designing clothes. I'll wait for Raja's take on this one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

lol no Jumbo looks was terrible. Great execution, you can tell she is a very good sewer, but it was just unimpressive and boring for her. I can appreciate the effort, but it's just a mathematical proof that you cannot score high every single time. 

I would have saved her from the bottom for the execution only tho 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

2 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

Jimbo's level of craftmanship was on a COMPLETE other league compared to all of the others outfit combined, c'mon. It was probably conceptually too difficult to perfection with that amount of time ('cause it wasn't perfect at all), but let's not even joke here. 

As if Bianca knows something about designing clothes. I'll wait for Raja's take on this one.

Didn’t Bianca used to be a costume designer as her day job?

• Like 1

Girls I love Jimbo but she did not deserve to win this week, lol. 

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Drag that ***

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Bianic has been having shiitakes since her season 15 pit stop, never realized how tasteless she was until then.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

and Gordo Ramsey can't even cook a proper grilled cheese, so what?

8 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Bianic has been having shiitakes since her season 15 pit stop, never realized how tasteless she was until then.

I agree with this, I actually personally feel Bianca has made the Pit Stop unwatchable (for ME) :rip: 

• Like 1

Bianca’s humor is great during stand up, but she partly made drag me to dinner unwatchable because she’s so negative and insulting 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

jimbo had the most ambitious idea this week for the most part had the execution to back it up. she didn't deserve the win because I think the queens lose a lot of the main stage not showing their face but she was a close second place with a distant third, fourth, and fifth. it's wild to me seeing people (not here necessarily) say she would've bottomed had it not been jimbo. it's clearly ridiculous :rip: the construction alone was enough to save her 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.