RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

cant stop saying schtink finger 

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This is still kind of the best Ru girl song ever. Shea deserved her 3 stars for this alone and those who disagree hate talent winning.

+ this was the same episode as the Supernova slay :jonny:

In one week she went from the biggest loser of the season to the only star on the cast. Ate Monet. Melted Trinity. Buried Raja. Reported Jinkx to CPS.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This is still kind of the best Ru girl song ever. Shea deserved her 3 stars for this alone and those who disagree hate talent winning.

Okay this is a BOP.

The Kandy slander in this thread feels… correct. 

Glad the fanbase is finally dragging her for being an arrogant, rude, one-dimensional drag queen. Hope WOW never employs her again after AS8. Retched character who’s only on the show for ~drama~ and ~confrontation~. 

lilgirl.gif

Edited by Alfred

43 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The Kandy slander in this thread feels… correct. 

Glad the fanbase is finally dragging her for being an arrogant, rude, one-dimensional drag queen. Hope WOW never employs her again after AS8. Retched character who’s only on the show for ~drama~ and ~confrontation~. 

lilgirl.gif

Tamisha saw through her bullshit, she was ahead of time. 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Rewatching that untucked moment reminded me how insufferable the Mik, Kandy and Tina trio was. The way Mik and Tina constantly defended Kandy. Mik was literally crying while begging Tamisha to stop “antagonizing” Kandy :toofunny3:

Kandy is so talentless. I remember watching S13 and being SO confident Kandy would be an early boot, maybe mid-out at best ajskdf.  She doesn't excel at ANYTHING. She has some cute runways but like S13 had the likes of Symone, Utica and GottMik, so she cant even claim to be a fashion queen of the season. 

I was so shook that not only did she not leave early, but was top 2 during S13 :rip: and with how she's being payola'd hard yet again I can see her getting top 2 this season as well. a NIGHTMARE. 

• Like 1

I’m not defending Miss Two Ts as a person or her alleged behavior but the way Kandy treated her on the S13 very much felt like bullying because she thought she was weird and awkward, not because she made alleged microagressions 

Also, rewatching Season 8 and WOW this season wouldn’t fly nowadays. The Empire challenge alone :rip: Also, what’s with Derrick’s obsession with doing an impersonation of a black person and calling things ghetto? 

14 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

OMG! BJORK love to watch UNHhhh. That's so crazy! :jonny5:

That's why the editors put the Björk album in the clip, because they know from Björk herself that she's watching. (Her and Katya are friends/DM each other/hang)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, killer_rose said:

TRULY. 

A seasoned queen like Tamisha can smell bullsh*t a mile away. 

The only reason Kandy made it so far on her reason is production thought we would enjoy her terrible personality just because she's rude and loud.

Ru "saving" her has got to be one of the worst DR moments ever

• Like 1

What was the reason Ru saved Kandy on season 13? It wasn't because of the lip sync, but moreso a "I still want you here, **** it" save, right?

What a waste.

6 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Rewatching that untucked moment reminded me how insufferable the Mik, Kandy and Tina trio was. The way Mik and Tina constantly defended Kandy. Mik was literally crying while begging Tamisha to stop “antagonizing” Kandy :toofunny3:

Oh, Ms. Iman, you will always be MUTHA for this.

:jonnycat:

Mik got on my motherf*cking nerves with the way she was defending Kandy and did Tina’s botched ass.

:rip:

5 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Also, rewatching Season 8 and WOW this season wouldn’t fly nowadays. The Empire challenge alone :rip: Also, what’s with Derrick’s obsession with doing an impersonation of a black person and calling things ghetto? 

The first 9 seasons of Drag Race wouldn’t fly in 2023. As a matter of fact, today, people would be calling to boycott seasons 1-4 especially and get it cancelled. 

:rip:

It’s crazy because this was still the 2010’s. It’s not as if these seasons were filmed in the early-to-middle 2000’s where you still expected a certain level of “raw”, “unfiltered”, “offensive” reality T.V and sense of comedy.

Hell, I’ve seen comments from people saying that even seasons 11/12 would be too much today. 

We’ve become so hyper-sensitive now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kummercell said:

The only reason Kandy made it so far on her reason is production thought we would enjoy her terrible personality just because she's rude and loud.

Ru "saving" her has got to be one of the worst DR moments ever

2 hours ago, DR0GO said:

What was the reason Ru saved Kandy on season 13? It wasn't because of the lip sync, but moreso a "I still want you here, **** it" save, right?

What a waste.

Queens like Kandy, Silky, Eureka, Lala etc. will always be pushed by production because of their more “boisterous” personalities and because they often make “good T.V”. (That said, I love Lala). 

I still don’t understand why Ru saved Kandy in that episode. Symone clearly won and deserved to stay but Kandy should’ve went. 

But again - she’s outspoken, loud, direct so she’s good for t.v. 

Why is this man losing it over Jaymes Mansfield out of all the queens :rip:

lpnncm7nz17b1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=e4a0b34861ac529d8fbadb194c507876ab65d24e

I saw this live going on at like 3am my time, so not the girls staying up late to drag Bob :rip: 

I don’t care for Darienne but she’s kind of eating the Fame Games. Her Miss-Shapen look was how I thought the category was gonna work. The random Misses was kind of jarring tbh. I expected Miss-understood or Miss-take type runways but.. we got that.

When miss Darienne and Kasha tie for the fame games cos the other girls are NOT giving

:WAP:

but tbh i think Kahanna is winning that

:giraffe:

16 hours ago, Subomie said:

+ this was the same episode as the Supernova slay :jonny:

In one week she went from the biggest loser of the season to the only star on the cast. Ate Monet. Melted Trinity. Buried Raja. Reported Jinkx to CPS.

I’m not sure if I completely agree with Monet, but as far as the rest… Shea didn’t slay the girls… she annihilated them. That ***** may as well have blasted each of the other queens off that stage with a glitter cannon - she was that damn good. 

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I saw this live going on at like 3am my time, so not the girls staying up late to drag Bob :rip: 

tumblr_mdkfs1DiMo1qj8u1do1_500.png

19 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

tumblr_mdkfs1DiMo1qj8u1do1_500.png

No literally, unemployed, chronically online behavior :rip: 

• Like 1

Kandy will always do well on Drag Race for the same reason Naysha will always do poorly. Naysha views production as people she has to fight against and Kandy views production as people she can use to get what she wants. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ATE

• ATRL Moderator

I’m sympathetic to the argument that Kandy doesn’t deliver entertainment and quality equal or close to the level of how much she’s pushed (I think @rempelago posted this?) but honestly I just can’t really relate to being that pissed off at her

tons of queens are pushed that are more busted and less entertaining than her.  

that’s why it’s kinda shocking the level of negative attention she’s gotten. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I’m sympathetic to the argument that Kandy doesn’t deliver entertainment and quality equal or close to the level of how much she’s pushed (I think @rempelago posted this?) but honestly I just can’t really relate to being that pissed off at her

tons of queens are pushed that are more busted and less entertaining than her.  

that’s why it’s kinda shocking the level of negative attention she’s gotten. 

Yeah she gets pushed way more than what she’s delivering on the show, but there are queens in the past who definitely got pushed more than Kandy, but as for recent seasons (S10-S15) I think she’s at least top 3 most pushed

But that’s just the name of the game and it’s fine but my post is more centered on the fact that she always has some excuse to justify why she flopped, rather than just being like yeah I was **** lol

But I also recognize that it’s because if she gives the fans any ammo they’ll fully launch an attack on her and feel justified doing so cause Kandy called herself out, so it kind of is what it is. Still a little annoying to me, but I love Kandy when she’s not on the show. Her pitstop and live shows are honestly pretty good, I just don’t think she’s a good drag race queen but production doesn’t feel that way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.