RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 hour ago, TrueBlood said:

The rudemption for Jimbo is on so many levels this season: it’s not just about winning the crown or winning a lip sync, she’s also showing a more welcoming approach towards the other queens. Regardless if it’s sincere or not, the way she’s handling all the drama by trying to maintain a positive vibe towards everyone is actually refreshing from her. She was soooo sweet in this episode while consoling Alexis or giving advices to Kahanna.

Jimbo has the narrative and the talent all backed up to win the crown. There is no other outcome possible this season. 

• Like 1

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Jimbo has the narrative and the talent all backed up to win the crown. There is no other outcome possible this season. 

Poor production trying their best but failing miserably to create a serious other contender for the crown (which I guess it should be Kandy Muse, giving the gigantic payola).

5 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Poor production trying their best but failing miserably to create a serious other contender for the crown (which I guess it should be Kandy Muse, giving the gigantic payola).

Miss Big Mouth can only dream. 

TrueBlood

6 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Miss Big Mouth can only dream. 

TrueBlood

And it’s sad because if anything production could have easily given Jessica her flowers, and I hope they do in the end. She’s been such a joy to watch from beginning to end, this week giving some ICONIC all-time level lines.

”She found her ETB card… and… on a taco tuesday she NEVER left the car because she loved to celebrate the taco tuesday. She loved the soft shell with carne asada. That’s her favourite, with guacamole. And… guacamole is expensive so she’s not gonna leave without her card. THAT WAS WEIRD FOR ME”

“I’m disappointed because I KNEW I was gonna win my season. And… I got nothing. After all these years working hard now somebody asks me “Do you want guacamole? It’s extra” I’m like “Yes”. And I can pay for extra guacamole”

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Not lip-sync assassin and Pit Stop gigs keeping the S14 cast employed :rip:

34 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

Hopefully NONE of the S14 lipsyncs assasins are actually being considered for AS9 ‘cause I’d rather see Maddy Morphosis than Jasmine/Jorgeous/Angeria combined all together. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

Jimbo is probably one of the funniest queens ever on the franchise.  

Like she’s funnier than jinkx imo.  

Jinkx is a better performer tho for sure

And it’s sad because if anything production could have easily given Jessica her flowers, and I hope they do in the end. She’s been such a joy to watch from beginning to end, this week giving some ICONIC all-time level lines.

”She found her ETB card… and… on a taco tuesday she NEVER left the car because she loved to celebrate the taco tuesday. She loved the soft shell with carne asada. That’s her favourite, with guacamole. And… guacamole is expensive so she’s not gonna leave without her card. THAT WAS WEIRD FOR ME”

“I’m disappointed because I KNEW I was gonna win my season. And… I got nothing. After all these years working hard now somebody asks me “Do you want guacamole? It’s extra” I’m like “Yes”. And I can pay for extra guacamole”

I really thought Jessica was going to get her second win this episode...she was serving Sofia Vergara in Modern Family.
The producers never fail to ruin a good episode.

Jinkx being the benchmark for being funny cause production gaslit everyone into believing she was a comedy queen is sad. Have y’all seen her stand up? It’s really really bad. 

I’m not sure who i’d consider the funniest queen at this point in the franchise. Bob is a bit past her prime but she’s still up there. Lawrence is kind of funny if you’re into that. Bianca’s act is kind of old now but she’s still funny sometimes. But yeah, Jimbo is really up there as the funniest queen, her act always feels fresh and her jokes feel very up to date compared to other queens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Life Savers said:

Yea like what is this? I’m sick of these ******* already lmao

This is what is pissing me off so much about the Lala and Kandy payola- it’s clear Jimbo is gonna win so why not give her only legit competition (Jessica) the push she actually deserves instead of Kandy and Lala- each of their wins could have very justifiably went to Jessica and it would have been an even match. After typing that, that’s probably exactly why. They don’t want Jimbo to have TOO much competition.

Jinkx is the benchmark for comedy because she is the best at it in relation to the show. I didn’t watch her stand up but did see a few clips and agree it wasn’t that great. What she is best at is acting and improv. I don’t think she is near the top when it comes to writing, I’m sure Dela and her other writers do the heavy lifting there, but you can’t deny she is a good performer.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

Yea like what is this? I’m sick of these ******* already lmao

This is what is pissing me off so much about the Lala and Kandy payola- it’s clear Jimbo is gonna win so why not give her only legit competition (Jessica) the push she actually deserves instead of Kandy and Lala- each of their wins could have very justifiably went to Jessica and it would have been an even match. After typing that, that’s probably exactly why. They don’t want Jimbo to have TOO much competition.

I don’t think that pushing Jessica instead of Kandy or Lala would have represented a bigger threat for Jimbo, it would have just been fair at this point. 

I think that the only way for production to actually threaten Jimbo and make her win less obvious for everyone would have been getting rid of the LSA format for a more typical weekly Top 2. That way, the wins would have been more stretched out and someone like Jessica would have had a couple more wins (at the same time tho, Jimbo wouldprobably be already at 4 wins, so I’m not even sure of that tbh). 

We can debate as much as we want to but at the end of the day Jimbo’s crown was secured the day the cast was announced ‘cause she’s simply on another level compared to the rest of the cast, there’s not much more to say. But still, the fact that the producers are trying to make us believe that Kandy Muse is an actual competition for her is simply hilarious. They did a much better job with Jujubee during in AS5: again, an obvious crown for Shea but at least Jujubee was actually loved and respected by the majority of fans for her run, and Jessica would have been perfect for this role.

Edited by TrueBlood

I wonder who would end up in the bottom next week.
Design challenge, Kandy and Lala should be the obvious bottom. The preview gave us the impression that Alexis is getting a win or leaving.

LaLa slayed that improv challenge idc what yall think. Kandy shouldve been bottom 2 tho.

16 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Design challenge, Kandy and Lala should be the obvious bottom. The preview gave us the impression that Alexis is getting a win or leaving.

It will be “if you’re not in the top - you’re in the bottom”. Jessica will win hopefully! She deserves.

1 hour ago, killer_rose said:

I’m not sure, probably Alexis since she doesn’t have a win

I was watching Roscoe’s and I think one interesting thing Brooke and Bebe talked about was the prospect of a serious acting challenge. I think it could definitely be valuable to having an acting challenge that wasn’t so…low brow comedy driven 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I was watching Roscoe’s and I think one interesting thing Brooke and Bebe talked about was the prospect of a serious acting challenge. I think it could definitely be valuable to having an acting challenge that wasn’t so…low brow comedy driven 

Isn’t this the challenge Alexis is stomping since episode one?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

If production pushed Jessica instead of any other queen jimbo would LOSE and they don’t want that 

This is still kind of the best Ru girl song ever. Shea deserved her 3 stars for this alone and those who disagree hate talent winning.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

OMG! BJORK love to watch UNHhhh. That's so crazy! :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.