RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Lala was not playing herself, she was a character that you can LITERALLY find working at multiple locations in low/middle class black communities, especially in the south. Jessica and Lala are naturally good at improv like most drag queens with a personality because you literally are making up the story as you go.

I liked that challenge format, some powerhouses would do it so good.

• Like 1

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

tumblr_nqrqw0w96S1uym6sbo7_1280.jpg

Gottmik is still there, gurl. (Thou Luxx would definitely 2nd out right after)

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 1

Also there was a real opportunity to be clever with the runway theme this week and most the girls didn’t bother.

Did y'all notice when Ru literally said to Kandy that she was just playing ''herself'' but still she loved it? it's clearly she has favoritism on her that makes me sick, I don't know what she sees in her

• Like 1

To be fair, I was highly impressed with La La’s performance, like, for once she truly stood out form the rest and didn’t just blend in.

Jessica is such winner material, probably the one I’d be truly happy to see getting the crown. Jimbo is great, but the fact she cannot lip-synch to save her ass truly is an a very good reason for her to not be a winner. 

Rooting for Jessica BIG TIME

Just now, Aelita said:

Did y'all notice when Ru literally said to Kandy that she was just playing ''herself'' but still she loved it? it's clearly she has favoritism on her that makes me sick, I don't know what she sees in her

That was clearly productions influence. How can she get a positive criticism after essentially acting like herself with a black wig on? I wonder if Alexis would’ve done a better job had she gotten that role.

I genuinely don't know how you couldn't find Lala funny in this challenge. Her timing was perfect :jonnycat:

5 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

That was clearly productions influence. How can she get a positive criticism after essentially acting like herself with a black wig on? I wonder if Alexis would’ve done a better job had she gotten that role.

You can always tell which critiques were fed by production when they say “but we loved it anyway”

I forgot to mention, but I died with Rupaul doing the reenact crime as Lala :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

Not the judges gaslighting Kahanna like that so they could get her in the bottom for the boot :skull: Like at least she gave something in her performance. Jessica literally got praise for playing the straight man the entire time, Kandy was Kandy again (even though I don't think she was that bad), and Alexis gave monotone the entire performance. At least three queens were arguably worse than her. Like they wanted her gone bad :deadbanana2:

I agree with the LaLa Ri win. She was giving character through and through. Jimbo could've won too but it would've been obnoxious to give her another win. Also not them wasting a LaLa Ri/Jorgeous lip sync to About Damn Time. I love that song, but like can we give the girls something to actually MOVE to? 

3 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Lala was cringy

What was “cringy” about Lala in this challenge? 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

lmao you think any of the contestants even knew the guest judge? when Kandy said shes her favorite actress... shes so pretty I was like, okay I can see how Kandi can be fake

5 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

What was “cringy” about Lala in this challenge? 

I get she was playing a particular character that we have all seen in crime, horror etc shows and movies but she was trying too hard.

She played very similarly in the challenge when she was teamed up with Heidi.

26 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

You can always tell which critiques were fed by production when they say “but we loved it anyway”

Exactly! I don't know if it's because it's All-Stars or what but they don't even attempt to hide it anymore. Even Kahanna's quit felt so forced and planned. Do you mean to tell me RuPaul happened to be wandering around the set when it happened? Like, be realistic.

another awful episode... just crown jimbo and free us

like the episode was so bad it made me realize that maybe drag race is a thing best left in the past im honestly kinda over it :michael:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CBC said:

like the episode was so bad it made me realize that maybe drag race is a thing best left in the past im honestly kinda over it :michael:

Bye, who cares my friend.

So, Ru wasnt a robot lol i liked his intervention :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 2

Idk how to watch this now that Soap2Day went offline. I don't wanna pay for Paramount nnn

9 minutes ago, CBC said:

Honestly.....I do feel like the show is on its last leg these days. Idk how much longer it can keep going at this rate.

3 hours ago, shark_heather said:

Ehm i dont want to call of the show as totally fake and planned but are we all seeing the same thing ? 

Don't you think its kind of weird that almost all girls win 1 challenge? ( at least the main ones ) 

That most of them get a cash tip of a few thousand ...

It feels like Ru was like  : gurl come to all stars you will win 1 challenge and I'll give you some cash 

exactly like just pay the girls 10k each at the beginning and call it a day this entire season has been fed wins and it's a recurring problem that has been happening in recent seasons too and it sucks the fun out of the show cuz even the more talented girls dont get the wins they deserve...

1 hour ago, Aelita said:

she didnt need to say it because shes been showing that since s13 :michael:

6 minutes ago, AcidPrince said:

Bye, who cares my friend.

So, Ru wasnt a robot lol i liked his intervention :clap3:

?

anyway you fell for rus acting? :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Honestly.....I do feel like the show is on its last leg these days. Idk how much longer it can keep going at this rate.

really sucks cuz i love drag race and drag in general... I'll stick to dragula and check a few international seasons ig :michael:

Kahanna did okay 

Kandy and Alexis should've been the BOTTOM

with Alexis leaving cos Lala said she hadn't wowed her yet

:giraffe:

It's tiring when Ru saves someone cos of favoritism

she really said like Kandy you played yourself in a challenge where you needed to create a character but i like you so ok next

:rip:

was reading the thread and just remembered i skip the fame games cuz i closed untucked as soon as kahana opened her mouth :deadbanana2:

11 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Lala Ri was GREAT this episode.

A much deserved win, honestly.

Her character is classic and we’ve seen her in so many black comedies. :ahh:

It was giving me denise from scream queens. I was dying.

Very happy for Lala getting the win however I feel like there was some producer magic going on behind the scenes to make Lala look better than Jimbo. I guess Jimbo was playing a more understated subdue character this time though, which doesn’t always completely slap on drag race even though she killed it.

1 hour ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

as long as the show is making them money (which it is) it will keep going. Just because the quality has dipped and the production influence has kicked up doesn’t mean the show is on its last legs :rip:

1 hour ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

The queens don't even bother hiding their frustrations anymore and now quitting on the spot. We have queens quietly quitting since AS5. They know no matter how good they do, the producers would still favour their predetermined picks and they basically become filler.

It's getting worse and worse each year now, even in a non-elimination season. Shea was openly asking to not do the Talent show/week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.