RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I'm so over these new drama channels and essay type of videos about drag race, it's like people can't be obsessed enough with their influencers drama and now they want to push that for drag race as well. 

Get a job, do that challenge. :rip:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Also to say that the only US/UK winners are valid ignores how we just saw Pangina/Jimbo dog walk some of the most popular US/UK queens 

30 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Also to say that the only US/UK winners are valid ignores how we just saw Pangina/Jimbo dog walk some of the most popular US/UK queens 

This :skull:

37 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Jujubee is popular but has always been bad at drag race. Monique is decent at drag race, but there is a reason she flopped in her og season.

Just now, karron0624 said:

Jujubee is popular but has always been bad at drag race. Monique is decent at drag race, but there is a reason she flopped in her og season.

If Jujubee is bad and Monique is just decent I’d love to hear what you thought Jorgeous was serving all season…

23 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Juju made it to the final FOUR times how is she bad at Drag Race? :deadbanana:

Nobody is invalidating these winners. We're just saying they should not be included in an (already overcrowded) winners circle when they represent a completely different spin-off of the mainline series. Y'all want to spin everything into a narrative :rip: 

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

Nobody is invalidating these winners. We're just saying they should not be included in an (already overcrowded) winners circle when they represent a completely different spin-off of the mainline series. Y'all want to spin everything into a narrative :rip: 

The winner’s circle isn’t even a real thing. 

21 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

If Jujubee is bad and Monique is just decent I’d love to hear what you thought Jorgeous was serving all season…

Jorgeous is bad at drag race, and was in the bottom for 6 episodes because she was bad at drag race. Im not sure what you thought you did there lol. Juju was in the bottom three times in every season she has been on, while Jorgeous was in the bottom for six episodes in one season. That makes her worse than Jujubee, Trixie, Alyssa Edwards, and Katya at drag race.

Me defending Jorgeous during the season because yall hated her for no reason does not mean i said she was doing good. All i said was you (the fanbase) need someone to hate on every season and yall choose her for this season. Jorgeous track record reflects her performance in the competition except for the one win.

1 minute ago, Shinning said:

in the same way Trixie won drag race, but is still bad at it (by her own admission) Juju is bad at drag race having only one good season (AS5), and three bad seasons (S2, AS1, and IAS1). She lipsynced her way to the finale both times, and, if we are being honest, based on challenge performances alone she would not be top 3 in S2, AS1, or IAS1. There is a reason she has 2 wins in 4 seasons.

Drag race requires you to be a versatile queen like Bob, Alaska, Jinx, etc. Every now and then, queens who arent versatile, or are bad, can make it to the finale and win based on lip syncing for their life (Juju, Pep) or can survive longer than they should (anyone considered a “lipsync assassin”), or plain luck and game play (roxy AS2, and JuJu IAS1).

Reminder you can be bad at drag race and a good drag queen, and you can also be good at drag race and a terrible drag queen. You can also be a terrible drag queen and bad at drag race (Joey Jay) and a good drag queen and good at drag race (Bob).

6 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Jorgeous is bad at drag race, and was in the bottom for 6 episodes because she was bad at drag race. Im not sure what you thought you did there lol. Juju was in the bottom three times in every season she has been on, while Jorgeous was in the bottom for six episodes in one season. That makes her worse than Jujubee, Trixie, Alyssa Edwards, and Katya at drag race.

Me defending Jorgeous during the season because yall hated her for no reason does not mean i said she was doing good. All i said was you (the fanbase) need someone to hate on every season and yall choose her for this season. Jorgeous track record reflects her performance in the competition except for the one win.

I’m sorry but if you’re saying that on an average season Juju gets washed by half the cast and does better than half the cast I simply disagree. An average queen performs averagely. 

Just now, Rotunda said:

I’m sorry but if you’re saying that on an average season Juju gets washed by half the cast and does better than half the cast I simply disagree. An average queen performs averagely. 

On an average season, Juju is safe a majority of the time, bottom three times, high two times and make it to the finale. If you have a standard season with only finalists, Jujubee will be out in the first half of the season. If you have an AS season with AS rules, she is either out in the first two episodes (like what should have happened in IAS1) or making it to the finale because no one will send her home (what actuall happened). This isnt controversial considering in the UK vs the world thread, everyone was complaining about Juju making it past ep 2, and only three of us defended her at the time.

Regardless, my main point is that Drag Race reigns aren’t real. This isn’t a formal pageant circuit. This isn’t an election. Trixie and Kylie are not more legitimate parts of a winner’s circle than Envy or Carmen just cause they were crowned by Ru.

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

Regardless, my main point is that Drag Race reigns aren’t real. This isn’t a formal pageant circuit. This isn’t an election. Trixie and Kylie are not more legitimate parts of a winner’s circle than Envy or Carmen just cause they were crowned by Ru.

This :siptea:

48 minutes ago, Shinning said:

To be fair didn’t she only win one challenge in 4 seasons lol 

edit: I guess 2

random: Nicki doll is literally everywhere lol 

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

8 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

On an average season, Juju is safe a majority of the time, bottom three times, high two times and make it to the finale. If you have a standard season with only finalists, Jujubee will be out in the first half of the season. If you have an AS season with AS rules, she is either out in the first two episodes (like what should have happened in IAS1) or making it to the finale because no one will send her home (what actuall happened). This isnt controversial considering in the UK vs the world thread, everyone was complaining about Juju making it past ep 2, and only three of us defended her at the time.

Here’s what I think you’re missing. 

First - you completely disregarded her AS5 performance here 

Second - An average queen isn’t surviving three lip syncs. Lip syncing is a core part of the show, and she excelled at it. All those lip syncs also happened in the latter half of the season, making her an above average competitor. 

Jujubee is an All Star level competitor. Is she winner worthy? Not in my opinion, but she certainly wouldn’t be out of place on AS2. 

I’m not even someone who is particularly enamored with Juju outside of AS5 and her S2 lip syncs, but she is not worse than the average contestant we see on a standard season of Drag Race. Shuga Cain is what I’d consider average. 

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

Here’s what I think you’re missing. 

First - you completely disregarded her AS5 performance here 

Second - An average queen isn’t surviving three lip syncs. Lip syncing is a core part of the show, and she excelled at it. All those lip syncs also happened in the latter half of the season, making her an above average competitor. 

Jujubee is an All Star level competitor. Is she winner worthy? Not in my opinion, but she certainly wouldn’t be out of place on AS2. 

I didnt, disregard her AS5 performance. Read the first post mine you quoted. I said.

in the same way Trixie won drag race, but is still bad at it (by her own admission) Juju is bad at drag race having only onegood season (AS5), and three bad seasons (S2, AS1, and IAS1).”

Lipsyncing is also what saved Jorgeous, who i also said was bad at drag race, you implied was bad at drag race, but ended up top 6 because of it. But like they said on the pitstop, it is not good to be known as a lipsync assassin because that means you are flopping through the competition (unless your name is Symone). On challenges, Jujubee is average to below average. On lipsyncing she is in the s-tier of Rugirls though. Still makes her bad at drag race but good at surviving to the finale.

Saying she is bad at drag race is not saying she isn’t an AS. She was the most followed queen and one of the most followed queens since season 2 on social media, beating out the winner and second place of her season. But we didnt fall in love with Juju because of how she competed. We fell in love with her personality and her lipsyncs after flopping challenges.

5 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

I didnt, disregard her AS5 performance. Read the first post mine you quoted. I said.

in the same way Trixie won drag race, but is still bad at it (by her own admission) Juju is bad at drag race having only onegood season (AS5), and three bad seasons (S2, AS1, and IAS1).”

Lipsyncing is also what saved Jorgeous, who i also said was bad at drag race, you implied was bad at drag race, but ended up top 6 because of it. But like they said on the pitstop, it is not good to be known as a lipsync assassin because that means you are flopping through the competition (unless your name is Symone). On challenges, Jujubee is average to below average. On lipsyncing she is in the s-tier of Rugirls though. Still makes her bad at drag race but good at surviving to the finale.

Saying she is bad at drag race is not saying she isn’t an AS. She was the most followed queen and one of the most followed queens since season 2 on social media, beating out the winner and second place of her season. But we didnt fall in love with Juju because of how she competed. We fell in love with her personality and her lipsyncs after flopping challenges.

1) In the post where you went over Juju’s potential placements, you  tried to give a typography of every Juju track record except the one she did well. That’s what I was talking about. I know you mentioned her AS5 performance earlier. Let’s not be obtuse. 

2) I was saying that Jorgeous was a worse competitor than Jujubee, that’s all. I actually have no issue with Jorgeous being on All Stars either as a competitor or an assassin. 

3) I think we have different views on what constitutes average in the DR universe and that’s fine. I just think it’s ridiculous to say the average queen on an average season of Drag Race is better than Juju. She’s not the best but she’s above average.  

7 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

1) In the post where you went over Juju’s potential placements, you  tried to give a typography of every Juju track record except the one she did well. That’s what I was talking about. I know you mentioned her AS5 performance earlier. Let’s not be obtuse. 

2) I was saying that Jorgeous was a worse competitor than Jujubee, that’s all. I actually have no issue with Jorgeous being on All Stars either as a competitor or an assassin. 

3) I think we have different views on what constitutes average in the DR universe and that’s fine. I just think it’s ridiculous to say the average queen on an average season of Drag Race is better than Juju. She’s not the best but she’s above average.  

The only reason i didnt go in further on AS5 is because there is nothing really to say. If AS5 had not changed the playbook, the top 3 would have been Alexis, Juju, and Shea. If the season hadn’t been made for Shea, I think Juju would have won it. 

The reason i put Juju as average though is just because i look at challenge wins and placements as more important than just making it to the finale. If you out Shuga Cain vs Juju, Juju will do better than Shuga, but they both will be in the bottom multiple times, and Juju will just make it further. Juju i put in the same category as Kameron Michaels where i would pay to see them in person, i would watch drag race to see them, (jujubee can be put on every aeason and make it to the top 4 idc) but i acknowledge she wont have the most wins or highs. But she will carry the season because she gives good mouth. 

I mean come on, i dont think anyone in the winners circle would be cunty enough to give the excuse Juju said to Ru on IAS1. “When i was packing, i saw a picture on my mom, and thats why i was **** until the finale” is one of the most iconic things to come out of that season. And we truly dont talk about it enough.

I wouldn't say Jujubee is good at drag race. She bottomed like 3 times on her original season and struggled on the other million seasons she was on after :toofunny2:

8 minutes ago, CBC said:

I wouldn't say Jujubee is good at drag race. She bottomed like 3 times on her original season and struggled on the other million seasons she was on after :toofunny2:

The fact that shes done it 4 times and LOST all 4 proves shes not good.

Like, what is the minimum for these girls lol.

TheOnlyOne

Juju is great at Drag Race the tv show not Drag Race the competition. Very few queens across the franchise are as charismatic.

Though it is telling when your shining moment across 4 entire seasons is a mini challenge 

Jujubee’s best moment was also a lipsync that left us wanting to see more of that and then… never happened again :skull:

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADEyMWQwOW

jaida-essence-hall.gif

Edited by satellites.™

4 hours ago, karron0624 said:

in the same way Trixie won drag race, but is still bad at it (by her own admission) Juju is bad at drag race having only one good season (AS5), and three bad seasons (S2, AS1, and IAS1). She lipsynced her way to the finale both times, and, if we are being honest, based on challenge performances alone she would not be top 3 in S2, AS1, or IAS1. There is a reason she has 2 wins in 4 seasons.

Drag race requires you to be a versatile queen like Bob, Alaska, Jinx, etc. Every now and then, queens who arent versatile, or are bad, can make it to the finale and win based on lip syncing for their life (Juju, Pep) or can survive longer than they should (anyone considered a “lipsync assassin”), or plain luck and game play (roxy AS2, and JuJu IAS1).

Reminder you can be bad at drag race and a good drag queen, and you can also be good at drag race and a terrible drag queen. You can also be a terrible drag queen and bad at drag race (Joey Jay) and a good drag queen and good at drag race (Bob).

I mean if you think doing well in Drag Race is strictly a track record thing sure. But if you make it to the end even without the best track record you technically did well because you played the game well enough to not be eliminated. And honestly Juju is soooo charming and charismatic it makes up for her less than stellar track record, especially in S2 where she made the end by winning lipsyncs which is an integral part of the show.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.