RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

The judging this episode was one of the biggest messes I’ve seen in a long time 

Yeah, everything felt out of place except for the bottom 2. I love Jessica tho and I'm happy she's getting recognition.

1 hour ago, yourfaveisaflop said:

I agree the judging this episode was off! Jessica Wild  :clap3: Something this season feels off. :katie:

It feels...boring? Maybe not having the deliberation moment too. 

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Sugar and Spice were super fun on the Pit Stop. 

Lala should have gone home before MKD, I agree that she is a bar queen and not ready for television.

Alexis and Heidi should of been in the top over Lala and Kandy, the producers aren’t slick with their forced narratives and it makes this season unwatchable.

Edited by Edit0rz

Did I think Jessica should have won? No

but that lip sync :jonny4:

So glad she won just for that 

That lipsync was made for Jimbo, she would have snatched an easy win. Jessica did what she had to do tho, and she was hilarious. I'm really enjoying her this season, she's so likeable.

But can we talk about how ICONIC Sugar and Spice are? Bianca was literally fangirling the whole time, it was honestly one of the best Pit Stop episodes in a very long time.

• ATRL Moderator

jessica and jimbo were the CLEAR top two of the week. kahanna and heidi should've been high on the strength of their first two looks, even if both their designed looks had issues that prevented them from winning. heidi absolutely didn't deserve to win.

lala and kandy were definitely safe to me, and the bottom two was correct

• Like 1

Sugar & Spice on Pit Stop lmaoooo

On 5/18/2023 at 7:56 AM, unino said:

the thing is she actually having fun doing it while many just try too hard.

Exactly. She seems like she’s actually happy to be there !

Skatndy's acting in her confessionals is SOOOO cringe, she, Dairyand Cake and bLabLa Rih need to go next.

I agree with everyone speculating Kakunna's win, there's no way JimbSUS is winning, envy is too powerful, she's definitely bound to be Manila'd

35 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

I agree with everyone speculating Kakunna's win, there's no way JimbSUS is winning, envy is too powerful, she's definitely bound to be Manila'd

But the most logic storyline for her is actually to never land in the bottom, therefore winning because of that and completing her rudemption arc.

41 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Skatndy's acting in her confessionals is SOOOO cringe, she, Dairyand Cake and bLabLa Rih need to go next.

These nicknames

On 5/19/2023 at 9:35 AM, Hephaestus said:

Elecktra Bionic and her 0 wins entered the chat :eli:

Don’t come for MOTHER and her like 5 mini challenge wins! She was also robbed of highs/wins in a couple of challenges, I fear. 

24 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

These nicknames

i got headache from them alone :toofunny3:

7 minutes ago, unino said:

i got headache from them alone :toofunny3:

I agree. Sometimes I don’t even know which queens they’re referencing :deadbanana2:

also - I think GAS will save AS bc we can see more queens from US seasons that we love, and the casts won’t be as full of filler queens. However, if production wouldn’t try to force placements, then we wouldn’t have to deal with “filler” queens and just let them compete.

also, not that Jaymes had amazing looks for the first 2 categories, but her 3rd look was truly slept on! It was well constructed, had a theme, was true to her aesthetic, and was cute! I’m not a Jaymes Stan or fan, I’m indifferent about her- but she was high safe for me.

I’m actually sure that Kandy was a low placement if you go back and watch the judging. Only JoJo liked her fruit look. But the critiques were clear:

Jessica and Jimbo: high

Lala: high safe

Kandy: low safe

Darriene and Kasha: low (Darriene should have been low safe tbh, her fruit look was good!)

what bothered me most about this ball was that the queens were OBVIOUSLY given “milk” as the cue for the first category, not “dairy”. because dairy could have been so good with:

Swiss CHEESE body suit, including a face-kini moment- executed well it could be fierce 

An ICE CREAM lewk?

maybe an EGG on that bald head of Lala ri?

there could have been more diverse lewks with “dairy”…but it was obvious they were given “milk” as the brief. Stupid production team…

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

there could have been more diverse lewks with “dairy”…but it was obvious they were given “milk” as the brief. Stupid production team…

It also depends on queens' creativity, to be fair. Jimbo showed (again) that with the Fruity Patootie category, no wonder she's in a totally different league.

I fully need a S&S podcast of them rambling for 40 minutes :rip:

36 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

It also depends on queens' creativity, to be fair. Jimbo showed (again) that with the Fruity Patootie category, no wonder she's in a totally different league.

Yea but “fruit” is diverse enough. If you’re gonna give “milk” as the brief, then of course everyone is gonna wear white dresses and cow looks. I’m SURE that if the brief was literally “DAIRY”, there would have been AT LEAST once ice cream lewk. And my brain went directly to “how can you make cheese fashion”, and I just thought of swiss cheese and having sexy well-place cut outs, and a face-kini. 

so I’m willing to bet heavily that they were told “milk” and not “dairy”

1 hour ago, Gwegend said:

Yea but “fruit” is diverse enough. If you’re gonna give “milk” as the brief, then of course everyone is gonna wear white dresses and cow looks. I’m SURE that if the brief was literally “DAIRY”, there would have been AT LEAST once ice cream lewk. And my brain went directly to “how can you make cheese fashion”, and I just thought of swiss cheese and having sexy well-place cut outs, and a face-kini. 

so I’m willing to bet heavily that they were told “milk” and not “dairy”

I thought this until Kasha said she was sour cream. I think they did get dairy as a prompt and people just all pretty much went milk. 

Many missed opportunities to go with a cheese, yogurt, ice cream or butter look.

this season is poopoo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I thought this until Kasha said she was sour cream. I think they did get dairy as a prompt and people just all pretty much went milk. 

Many missed opportunities to go with a cheese, yogurt, ice cream or butter look.

No I think Kasha realized her dress doesn’t ready dairy AT ALL so she came up with some kind of shtick to say she was sour cream. It was a white gown with a circle on the shoulder lol

Jimbo just feels so muted and bland compared to her past seasons tbh. I think it is a mix of her tempering herself to not get a target on her back and then that stupid flipper making it harder for her to talk when she’s in drag (don’t think she wore it for either of her previous runs)

Like she’s serving looks but feels like she’s operating at like 10% of her usual personality

2 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Jimbo just feels so muted and bland compared to her past seasons tbh. I think it is a mix of her tempering herself to not get a target on her back and then that stupid flipper making it harder for her to talk when she’s in drag (don’t think she wore it for either of her previous runs)

Like she’s serving looks but feels like she’s operating at like 10% of her usual personality

I mean.. if that's what it takes for Jimbo to get to the end AND win, then I'm fine with getting less personality

7 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

She basically explained it in an interview before the season premiere, it's her strategy this time around and she's totally smart for doing it. Sneakier and less "annoying" to the other girls.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

imagine giving 10% and still demolishing the competition 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gwegend said:

Don’t come for MOTHER and her like 5 mini challenge wins! She was also robbed of highs/wins in a couple of challenges, I fear. 

I would NEVER do mother like that, it was just a joke. Farida robbed though, my heart still bleeds for her :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.