Top Gun: Maverick (2022) | Tom Cruise | RT: 96%, MC: 78 | $1.4B WW

Broken

On 5/27/2022 at 5:46 AM, Donquizote said:

Tom Cruise has never aged, hasn't he? :deadbanana4:

The fact that he still looks almost exactly what he looked like 36 years ago is insane.

Not really. 

4-D795674-CF15-47-A4-B07-F-F92-B84-BD9-B

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• BNF91

• mystery

• MadonnasBoyfriend

MadonnasBoyfriend

gonna go throuh tommy imdb. he looks amazing. im gonna watch them backwards to see him age in reverse. I just got back from top gun and saw the first one right before. Top gun was alright but lacks a good story line. The first film in my binge is also about planes and im actually liking it a lot better hes playing a pilot drug smugler and it has a cool indie feel. almost feels like what maverick was up to in between the two films

MadonnasBoyfriend

did yall get an intro from tom saying the planes are real the speed is real this movie is a gift to the fans bit before the film? I wonder how truthful that is. They really were in planes flying and acting same time? no way lol

MadonnasBoyfriend
On 5/27/2022 at 5:24 PM, CloseTheWhoHa said:

Can someone help me understand the plot to these movies? I read the wiki pages but its all about being at an air force type of school and going through training at the academy?

thats literally it. thats why im so shocked everyone is all omg best movie ever... Uhh no theres not even a plot lol

So happy to see Lady Gaga’s Top Gun: Maverick getting such great reviews :heart:

6 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

did yall get an intro from tom saying the planes are real the speed is real this movie is a gift to the fans bit before the film? I wonder how truthful that is. They really were in planes flying and acting same time? no way lol

Most of the plane scenes are real, the actors were not piloting the planes themselves they were in the backseat and operated their cameras themselves while an actual pilot controlled the plane.

I really enjoyed the film :worship: Pacing was really fantastic and the action sequences had me so impressed to the point I actually was at the edge of my seat. I came in not really expecting anything because I haven't seen the first one and had no prior knowledge of anything, I'm definitely watching it this weekend :clap3:

16 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

gonna go throuh tommy imdb. he looks amazing. im gonna watch them backwards to see him age in reverse. I just got back from top gun and saw the first one right before. Top gun was alright but lacks a good story line. The first film in my binge is also about planes and im actually liking it a lot better hes playing a pilot drug smugler and it has a cool indie feel. almost feels like what maverick was up to in between the two films

You’ve not seen any of his movies? 

My favs 

Edge Of Tomorrow 

War Of The Worlds

Jerry MaGuire 

Far & Away

Legend 

I heard that they cut Manny Jacinto's fine ass from Top Gun: Maverick??? He only has one shot in the background and zero lines. Lemme boycott!

52 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I heard that they cut Manny Jacinto's fine ass from Top Gun: Maverick??? He only has one shot in the background and zero lines. Lemme boycott!

I saw him in the background, no idea why they would cut him if he had lines :deadbanana: 

Edited by ALA

33 minutes ago, ALA said:

I saw him in the background, no idea why they would cut him if he had lines :deadbanana: 

They made him do flight training so he must have had some flight scenes. Poor guy.

Wow what a movie! Loved this! It was really intense! 

The movie was great. :clap3:

The beach scene felt like it was taken out of a ***** movie. Not mad about it tho :celestial2:

Sunday looking virtually flat from Saturday. $37M :jonny5:. Thinking numbers will rise.

I saw this today and surprisingly enjoyed it more than I thought I would :clap3:

I have such a big crush on Miles Teller and his p*rn stache :blush:

4 hours ago, BadMonster said:

That number's real? It'd only need a $24M Monday to match the predicted $151M 4-day weekend then

Yeah Monday will go up too. Think this will be high $150s, maybe close to $160M 4-day when actuals all roll in today. 

Gaga just can't stop winning :jonny5:

I just got back from this and it was an amazing time. Most of the theater was old white men and families, but everyone was having a blast. It was the first movie experience outside of a comicbook film that I saw people have a strong reaction too. The plot was simple to understand, just enough characters to admire, and the action was blockbuster worthy. A few gripes but definitely one of the best films I’ve seen this year

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Great movie :clap3: Box office smash :clap3: And the original is number one on Netflix. Tom is kinda the moment right now. Pretty impressive tbh.

HOLY S**T.. $34M Monday :deadbanana2:

$160.7M 4-day opening

Edited by BNF91

enjoyed it :clap3:

Tuesday domestic approx $15.6M :alexz:

Will be on the cusp of $200M before the 2nd weekend rolls in. I can see $270-275M domestic by Sunday :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.