Top Gun: Maverick (2022) | Tom Cruise | RT: 96%, MC: 78 | $1.4B WW

Broken

5 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Tuesday domestic approx $15.6M :alexz:

Will be on the cusp of $200M before the 2nd weekend rolls in. I can see $270-275M domestic by Sunday :jonny5:

I wonder how Jurassic World will impact it when it comes out.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• BNF91

• mystery

• MadonnasBoyfriend

2 hours ago, mystery said:

I wonder how Jurassic World will impact it when it comes out.

Given how old Top Gun's audience is skewing, I can see both coexisting just fine when JW3 debuts. Between Top Gun, Jurassic World and Lightyear, audiences will have perfect counter-programming for the next few weeks. 

Doctor Strange 2 will likely be the unfortunate loser of showtimes as these other blockbusters start to debut, killing the already s**t legs it's had so far. 

Just came back and it was maybe my favortie IMAX experience? Just stunning. Felt like you were flying with them. 

$14.8M Wednesday, just -7%... Movies usually drop 20-30%. Absolutely insane.

But it gets better; it INCREASED on Thursday. Approx $15M :deadbanana2:

2nd weekend is coming for $75-80M. Crazy hold. I think it will outgross Doctor Strange 2 worldwide now. 

Enjoyed it. Why did they remove the Taiwanese flag if only to add it back later on?

This was cute BUT this movie felt like a huge propaganda for the US Army. Even their main objective of destroying that uranium bunker felt very unexplained. Like we have no clue which country it was actually located in and if it really was what these commanders said it was. Could have been another Afghanistan / Iraq situation where the soldiers had no clue what they were actually fighting for.

This will cross 1 billion worldwide when all is said and done.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

This will cross 1 billion worldwide when all is said and done.

Not Top Gun Maverick outgrossing Doctor Strange 2 lmao. Who would have thought. The beauty of good legs/audience reception. 

24 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Not Top Gun Maverick outgrossing Doctor Strange 2 lmao. Who would have thought. The beauty of good legs/audience reception. 

the central cast had mostly people who weren't white men. that group now feels SEEN and is going to watch this movie every day.

6 hours ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

Enjoyed it. Why did they remove the Taiwanese flag if only to add it back later on?

China banned the movie.

4 hours ago, katara said:

This was cute BUT this movie felt like a huge propaganda for the US Army. Even their main objective of destroying that uranium bunker felt very unexplained. Like we have no clue which country it was actually located in and if it really was what these commanders said it was. Could have been another Afghanistan / Iraq situation where the soldiers had no clue what they were actually fighting for.

I mean its a military movie 

what a strong second weekend. will it reach 1B?

Boring ass movie. Very predictable and vanilla. Why is this successful again?

I guess the straights won with this one. 

Not that Cruise’s career has ever really struggled because it really hasn’t, but the little critical and commercial renaissance he’s had with TG:Maverick and MI:Fallout is interesting to see.

Holy SH*T 

Top Gun is doing otherworldly numbers.. 2nd Tuesday is bigger than Doctor Strange 2's FIRST Tuesday, $13.5M, down just 14% from last week Tuesday, already at $321M domestic. Should leapfrog Doctor Strange in about a week :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

3rd weekend could be $65-75M :deadbanana4:

This movie is coming for $600M domestic and will definitely eat into Jurassic World Dominion's opening weekend potential. 

It was a cool movie with a very predictable plot. 

That actually surprised me a little no one dies during the mission, but I'm glad they made that choice for this story.

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

3rd weekend could be $65-75M :deadbanana4:

Bigger than Avatar, Black Panther and Endgame :deadbanana4:.

This movie is a f*ucking monster. $700M domestic incoming?

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

This movie is coming for $600M domestic and will definitely eat into Jurassic World Dominion's opening weekend potential. 

I can almost bet WOM will kill Dominion on day 2.

Review embargo lifts today. The average rating is already below 6 and the IMDb score keeps dropping. Reactions have been mixed to negative.

I cannot believe Spiderman and Top Gun were not released in China and still smashed.

I guess Americans are coming out in full force.

On 6/8/2022 at 2:29 AM, Broken said:

Bigger than Avatar, Black Panther and Endgame :deadbanana4:.

This movie is a f*ucking monster. $700M domestic incoming?

I can almost bet WOM will kill Dominion on day 2.

Review embargo lifts today. The average rating is already below 6 and the IMDb score keeps dropping. Reactions have been mixed to negative.

Jurassic's trajectory had taken a devastating turn in the past two weeks, a shame. Been tracking like a $500-600M monster since March. Black Panther 2 and Avatar are gonna have to put in work if they wanna be #1 for the year, Top Gun Maverick is setting the standard high. 

On 6/8/2022 at 3:45 AM, AlanRickman1946 said:

I cannot believe Spiderman and Top Gun were not released in China and still smashed.

I guess Americans are coming out in full force.

good. Hollywood needs to stop focusing on China and work more on other markets. I understand is very tempting but they only take what? 20% of the money? and they have to deal with their goverment editing out stuff? *** it.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:07 AM, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

thats literally it. thats why im so shocked everyone is all omg best movie ever... Uhh no theres not even a plot lol

Yeah everybody’s making this out to be some great movie and I just… the bar is on the floor these days huh? :rip: Besides the flight scenes just what is so good about it? 

MadonnasBoyfriend
8 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Yeah everybody’s making this out to be some great movie and I just… the bar is on the floor these days huh? :rip: Besides the flight scenes just what is so good about it? 

The movie is fine its whatever but everyone acting like it's the best thing they have seen all year have me like :huh:. But as a scream Queens stan I'm happy if it launches the sexy Glenn Powells career! And also happy for Tom getting such a massive hit so late in his career

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

10 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

The movie is fine its whatever but everyone acting like it's the best thing they have seen all year have me like :huh:. But as a scream Queens stan I'm happy if it launches the sexy Glenn Powells career! And also happy for Tom getting such a massive hit so late in his career

Yeah I’m happy to see any kind of box office success these days that’s not a superhero film but this is just… meh. Hold My Hand could’ve been used better in it too tbh

$12.4M 2nd Wednesday

Still over $10M daily on the 2nd week weekdays :deadbanana4:

This is a legendary box office run. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.