COVID-19 [Day 1600]

Genius1111

On 4/23/2022 at 4:25 PM, Genius1111 said:

2003 - SARS

2009 - H1N1 

2012-2015 - MERS 

2019-now - COVID-19

Imagine if the next significant epidemic (affecting multiple countries/regions) begins even before we are over the acute phase of this pandemic. :gaycat6:

All Zoonotic diseases, and yet, we still farm & eat animals on a mass scale, in subpar, cruel and disgusting conditions, spreading disease, developing antibiotic resistance, polluting water-ways, destroying soil quality, contributing to floods, deforestation and climate disasters. 

If fossil fuels are the elephant in the room, animal agriculture is the damn whale. Foolishness. 

azealia-banks-fendidoja.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

I am sure not 100% of the old and vulnerable in China are deemed ineligible for the vaccines. I've said this before.... but unfortunately, because these people who are not medically exempt from the vaccines have chosen to get vaccinated, they have put their own and their family members lives at risk, and caused the governments at various levels in China to continue with COVID-Zero to protect them from dying.

This is actually honorable and morally defensible (putting lives ahead of $), but because this strategy was not executed well (as compared to previous waves), it had probably caused more people to lose their jobs or starve or not get their proper medical treatment and inadvertently cause them to die or take their own lives.

I am not sure if you can deem their actions "selfish", but in any case, this group of people ended up causing more hurt and suffering. 

In a modelling study published in December 2021, researchers found that passengers sitting in the same row or one row away from someone who had Covid-19 still had a high risk of being infected through direct respiratory droplets. Wearing a mask reduced the risk of infection by 54 per cent.

“I know everyone talks about planes, but I would say buses are probably the riskiest, then trains and then planes, in order of highest to lowest,” said Dr Linsey Marr of Virginia Tech, an expert in airborne transmission of viruses.

A 2020 investigation of a hotel outbreak in Switzerland, for instance, found that several employees and a guest who tested positive for the coronavirus were wearing only face shields (with no masks); those who wore masks were not infected.

— A study from Tokyo tested how well different types of masks protected the wearer from actual coronavirus particles. The study showed that even a simple cotton mask offered some protection (17 per cent to 27 per cent) to the wearer. Medical masks performed better, including a surgical mask (47 per cent to 50 per cent protection), a loose-fitting N95 (57 per cent to 86 per cent protection) and a tightly sealed N95 (79 per cent to 90 per cent protection).

Taiwan's "COVID-zero" strategy, like Singapore's, seemed to not be strict at all. (I think some European countries  were far stricter during their lockdown phases. People in Taiwan and Singapore were, in theory, still able to roam around quite freely.) 

Wow, I honestly think they are not faking their numbers

At least the Chinese people are concerned with eating healthily during lockdown. I remembered there was an old article comparing what people in different countries were grabbing in supermarkets.

11 hours ago, Chemist said:

Wow, I honestly think they are not faking their numbers

They are!

They don't count anybody that has any other condition (which means almost anybody who'd be likely to die from Covid   :gaycat6:.)

Same way they count flu death.

China's cause of death methodology masks many COVID fatalities: Experts

Health experts explain how China can log just 2 deaths from 443,000 cases

If someone dies after contracting COVID-19 but had, for example, cancer, heart disease or diabetes at the time, Chinese hospitals would not classify the death as resulting from COVID-19, but the chronic illness instead, said Jin Dong-yan (金冬雁), a virologist at Hong Kong University.

“The numbers are not accurate, but Shanghai hospitals are not necessarily doing this on purpose. From the start, China had this method of recording deaths,” he added.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4509896

Also, their vaccination numbers don't make sense.

They said they vaccinated 90% of their population with 86% being fully vaccinated.

Now they are saying that only 35% of seniors are vaccinated.

Something doesn't add up. :psych:

Edited by frenchyisback

Covid outbreak on one of the first cruise shipped allowed to return to Western Australia.

Who would have thought this would happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/apr/25/covid-outbreak-on-one-of-first-cruise-ships-allowed-to-return-to-western-australia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.