• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

@Genius1111 This is so disturbing.

Merck’s molnupiravir should’ve never been approved by the FDA, as I’ve said now for over two years.

I think I may have long COVID symptoms. I developed vertigo back in 2021 and have been having spells off and on since. I tested positive for COVID in 2022 but it’s possible I could’ve had it before. 

On 3/2/2024 at 4:09 PM, Espresso said:

I feel like I’ve had this at times too but it could be the result of other things 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Based on my observations, it looks like China (mainland) is the only country so far in 2024 to require all workers in airports (and cabin crew in planes flying anywhere) to enforce compulsory masking.

Having said that, the voluntary masking rate in mainland China appears to be on par with Singapore, and lower than South Korea, Vietnam and Thailand. (I think there's quite a lot of masking in Vietnamese and Thai cities simply because of the air pollution in the first place.) 

Edited by Genius1111

The 2020 pandemic was in a "sweet spot" of being dangerous enough to be a threat to people with previous health issues, but not dangerous enough to your typical fairly healthy person. This, coupled with its extremely high rate or transmission, made it disruptive without being something that was constantly on display. For a lot of people their experience with Covid was "I got it, my friends got it, we were sick for a few days, but now we're better.” If the average experience was "me and all my friends caught it, and now two of them are dead" then it would have been taken much more seriously by the population as whole. Again, deadly enough to kill millions, but not deadly enough that it to feel personal for a lot of people.

I'm not worried about the next lockdown. What I am worried about is that the next virus may have a 70 percent mortality rate and thanks to covid, my loved ones will refuse to either isolate or use respirators (not masks) because they listen to dumb ass talk show hosts instead of someone with a ******* masters in mechanical engineering with a specialization in robotics and pneumatic filtration (me).

This happened with covid and it is a miracle that I got my parents to use a respirator or got them to stop eating out. Then they found OAN.

I consider myself conservative, but I also have a degree and a brain and 3/4 of what I have overheard on that network I consider to be straight up ******* idiotic, yet my folks treat it like religion.

That is what I fear.

If it's 30% it'll be 30% who will die. Maybe 20-25% if we're lucky. Similar if it's 70%. This has basically been how this one was handled: let the mortality rate play itself out, and whoever gets disabled will get disabled and receive as little or no help, in fact it will largely be covered up. COVID proved just how selfish humans are, we have no concept of true solidarity.

If we were ever attacked by aliens, although I don't think that's realistic, they could conquer us easily without using any weapons, by simply bribing and corrupting the right people. Half of humanity would gladly sell the other half if it were made easy. All those stories about humanity coming together in the face of a common enemy are pure fantasy.

• Like 1

How Wild Animals Actually Responded to Our COVID Lockdowns | Scientific American (archive.md)

Carnivores, the scientists found, were less active when people were around, regardless of location (though large predators such as mountain lions were mostly absent from more developed areas). Among the most sensitive species were wolverines, which became much less active in Alberta's Banff National Park, for example, when people returned after the COVID lockdowns.

Unexpectedly, however, as human activity increased in more developed areas, mammals such as deer were generally more active. "We're scratching our heads,” trying to explain this, Burton says. One possible factor would be that humans may act as "shields" against carnivores because the latter might be more skittish and retiring when humans are around—something herbivores such as mule deer seemed to have learned. It also probably has to do with acclimatization; Burton says that increased deer activity in Golden Ears, for example, may be partly caused by the "human shield" phenomenon, whereas in the more remote Pacific Rim park, the herbivores may have been more sensitive and averse to human presence to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

"in people over 65, protection from the first two doses wanes faster as they have a lower immune cell count"

I feel that Japan is the only country where establishments and shops still readily provide hand sanitizer, and some may still ask you to sanitize your hands before eating.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.