COVID-19 [Day 1600]

Genius1111

13 hours ago, Jotham said:

Cal Tech huh?

I was told the US universities were not worth their tuition... 

I guess they are doing something with that $60,000 tuition money :clap3:

I hope the vaccine works.

Edited by frenchyisback

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

I have Covid, tested positive last Thursday. I’m boosted. Felt absolutely terrible up until yesterday/today. My mom was the same. 

I wonder if I got BA.5? Or BA.6? Or BA.7? 

either way the symptoms are still present but not as terrible. Just the cough. 

2 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Cal Tech huh?

I was told the US universities were not worth their tuition... 

I guess they are doing something with that $60,000 tuition money :clap3:

You are so… :rip: 

3 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

People worried about 4th shots when I  called it quits after the first 2 and I haven’t had covid yet :rip:

Same. My last booster was last October. I’m not getting another one until there’s another updated version

15 hours ago, Espresso said:

I got my fourth shot ages ago and now I don’t know what the **** to do :ace: 

This Omicron booster will be useless against BA5 by the fall  :ace: 

My sister in Boston’s in her second week of symptoms :ace: 

Well there's always cross protection where the BA1 vaccine also confers protection towards BA4 and BA5.

Although I think recently the FDA is going forward with allowing Moderna and Pfizer to create an updated booster containing BA4 and BA5 for the Fall while using clinical trial data based on the booster they did for BA1. 

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/fda-will-not-require-clinical-trial-data-authorize-redesigned-covid-boosters-2022-06-30/?utm_source=reddit.com

There's still hope 

Edited by Luner45

4 hours ago, phreshprince said:

Same. My last booster was last October. I’m not getting another one until there’s another updated version

I got my second shot last September and I’m not planning on getting another one.

I signed up to be vaccinated the minute they allowed people my age to book an appointment, but they wanted to give me Janssen just because I’m a guy (when several countries were already banning it for safety reasons..…..) and yeah I wasn’t interested.

So they punished me. They started booking me appointments automatically at inconvenient times, sometimes 5 minutes before the appointment and sometimes without telling me, so that I couldn’t book an appointment for a time that worked for me or show up to the vaccination center without one.

And some people say the government gives 2 shits about people :clap3:

12 hours ago, Luner45 said:

Well there's always cross protection where the BA1 vaccine also confers protection towards BA4 and BA5.

Although I think recently the FDA is going forward with allowing Moderna and Pfizer to create an updated booster containing BA4 and BA5 for the Fall while using clinical trial data based on the booster they did for BA1. 

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/fda-will-not-require-clinical-trial-data-authorize-redesigned-covid-boosters-2022-06-30/?utm_source=reddit.com

There's still hope 

Oh wow, thanks for this

@Luner45 This is WAY TOO LATE. Ugh.

I'm not gonna wait for them to include the BA4 or BA5 subvariant for my fall vaccine if it's gonna take this long. **** that.

@Genius1111 Possible OP inclusion. Tried doing a direct copy-paste for clearer text from the website without much luck, maybe you'll have it

FWWpehOX0AM-D_r?format=jpg&name=medium

9 hours ago, Espresso said:

@Luner45 This is WAY TOO LATE. Ugh.

I'm not gonna wait for them to include the BA4 or BA5 subvariant for my fall vaccine if it's gonna take this long. **** that.

Omfg. Yeah that is too late. We'd already be in a full wave by then and who knows if it will be BA4 or BA5 fueled. It could even be a new variant by then. 

Ugh :biblionny:

9 hours ago, Espresso said:

@Genius1111 Possible OP inclusion. Tried doing a direct copy-paste for clearer text from the website without much luck, maybe you'll have it

FWWpehOX0AM-D_r?format=jpg&name=medium

Added into the OP!

7 hours ago, Cloröx said:

Cases are rising again here, help me @phreshprince :monkey:

Two years and just like that, my head still takes me back, thought it was done but I guess it's never really over. :gaycat6:

I wonder whether the government will again shelve plans to allow independent travel. I really hope that it's possible to travel independently in December, but I suspect that emergency measures will be in place by then instead. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.