• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

People around me are starting to get this for the third time now.

Mess

For now, residents continue to bow to peer pressure.

Kae Kobe, 40, a receptionist at an office in Shibuya, said that because her job is client facing, she always wears her mask at work.

“Everyone around is still wearing it,” she said. “So it’s hard to get rid of it.”

____

Meanwhile, in some other countries, you're being shamed for putting on masks. :devil:

Now, having said that, if only people could apply peer pressure of corporations and organizations to get rid of their brutal work culture, that would also do wonders to the health of the Japanese.

Edited by Genius1111

Well, I had it last week. Can’t believe that after 3 vaccines and already having had it in August 2021, not only

did I get it again but it was also ****. I slept for 12 hours straight and I had to wear a hoodie and socks, that’s how cold I was. Thankfully after 24 hours I was fine and my fever was gone, but 2 weeks later I’m still coughing quite some. Apparently I got it at work, as half of my department has been sick since. Guess it’s a new strain because I’ve heard of many people getting it all around Europe.

With how the UK always predates the US when it comes to COVID waves, another wave will come to the States soon enough. :gaycat6:

This is a very informative thread on BA.5. I'm not going to post the thread in its entirety though since it's 25 tweets long. :toofunny3:

Doctors warn of COVID-19 booster shot fatigue (kxxv.com)

"I think there's a false sense of security," Dr. Steier said. "It's no worse than the common cold or the flu, but that's not necessarily the case, and we can't predict future variants. Our advice is if it's available to you, it's a good idea to get it now."

Dr. Steier said in the short term, not getting boosted puts a person and those around them at greater risk for infection or possibly reinfection. Long-term, she said staying up to date with booster shots impacts long COVID.

"We're seeing that the vaccines and the boosters are preventing that, and if you do have long COVID, they do help resolve some of those symptoms," she said.

Dr. Larry Bush, an immunologist who's worked extensively on COVID vaccine trials, said another long-term impact to consider is that getting boosted moves everyone closer to a true endemic stage.

For me, I'm lucky to not suffer any side-effects from the vaccines, nor endure any hardships in the days after getting it. I'm more than glad to go and get my 4th shot.

Frequent doctor-patient disputes at hospitals, an entrenched problem in China’s health care system, exacerbates the situation. Medical staff fear legal liability if there is an unrelated health scare in someone recently vaccinated, said Lu Mengji, an virologist at University of Duisburg-Essen in Germany.

“None of the stakeholders has the incentive to push for more elderly to get vaccinated,” he said.

The government has done little to debunk such rumors. More than a year after a slew of domestic vaccines were rolled out, China has only published side effect information once, in May 2021. Questions also remain about how well they work, as most studies of the shots included few elderly people.

The country’s past vaccine scandals and lack of transparency in data disclosure also contributed to mistrust.

That’s why 60-year-old Zhu doesn’t want to be vaccinated. Many of her friends, who she said are senior managers at renowned Shanghai hospitals, refused them too, saying they weren’t confident about shots that were developed in such a short time and only used for two years.

But the Chinese government remains unwilling to make vaccination compulsory — uncharacteristic of a regime that tracks people’s locations, gives them a digital color-coded health grade that can restrict their movement and sends travelers from cities with just a handful of infections into isolation. Officials also haven’t created mandates, common elsewhere, that would turn the unvaccinated away from restaurants and other venues.

Instead they have embraced testing, which is required to enter everywhere from hospitals to grocery stores.

“People will rush to get vaccinated when it’s required for entry to restaurants and shops,” Lu said. “If they had pushed vaccination the way they pushed people to undergo COVID tests, China’s vaccination rate would have edged closed to 100%.”

The authors added "(these) distinct genotypes appeared to emerge as early as within the first three months of the infection, although new genotypes were detected after nearly ten months, suggesting multiple novel variants may simultaneously emerge and potentially spread from the same immunocompromised individual over a longer sampling period."

:rip:

I come back from a 6 month ban and the same 3 members just posting scary articles about COVID STILL :rip: 

I got my fourth shot ages ago and now I don’t know what the **** to do :ace: 

This Omicron booster will be useless against BA5 by the fall  :ace: 

My sister in Boston’s in her second week of symptoms :ace: 

9 hours ago, phreshprince said:

I come back from a 6 month ban and the same 3 members just posting scary articles about COVID STILL :rip: 

Mine was 3 months but +1

People worried about 4th shots when I  called it quits after the first 2 and I haven’t had covid yet :rip:

cases are rising again in Canada. potentially a 4th wave

5e0f2006892157054c7b6df273e4e0f1.png

It seems like a lot of right-wingers (including right-wing Dems) are desperate to learn the hard way. I can't say I have empathy tbh.

It is in your own benefit to get a booster shot btw :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.