• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

On 6/25/2022 at 3:49 AM, Genius1111 said:

Last week new figures showed that Covid-19 infections in the UK increased by 43 per cent in the week after the platinum jubilee celebrations, with the two new sub-variants believed to be behind the sudden increase. 

Additionally, around 1.4 million people in the UK had coronavirus in the week ending 11 June, up from around 990,000 the week before. :biblio:

Professor Sato’s experiments indicate that BA.4, BA.5 and BA.2.12.1 replicate more efficiently in human lung cells than BA.2, while further experiments in hamsters suggest that BA.4 and BA.5 may cause more severe disease.

“It looks as though these things are switching back to the more dangerous form of infection, so going lower down in the lung,” Dr Stephen Griffin, a virologist at the University of Leeds, said. :biblio:

Completely off topic but the alliteration in the first tweet is sending me :dies:

Several of my friends are getting re-infected now. One of them had the original strain and the other one had Delta.

5 hours ago, Jotham said:

Several of my friends are getting re-infected now. One of them had the original strain and the other one had Delta.

I am curious to see which country/territory will end up having more positive cases than their population because of re-infection.

The official numbers say 865,000+ worldwide, but the actual figure is probably around 2 million a day I guess.

Yep, you need to pay USD200 per night in fees, up from USD65 per night before the pandemic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.