2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

wait so is biden actually going to be replaced? what's the sentiment there?ย 

ย 

we need kamala.

ย 

shh-kamala-harris.gif

He won't be replaced. Biden is too stubborn and thinks he's the ordained gift of God Himself sent to defeat Trump, and only he can do it. Not to mention, his family is fully enabling him and stroking his ego.

ย 

He's going to lose extremely badly in a way that hasn't ever been seen before. If his performance continues to collapse and he has a similar, if not worse debate in September, then California and New York might be looking like swing states at that point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asscatchem said:

is there a good possibility for replacement or is it just dumb speculation?

I mean there's a tiny possibility. But as more and more days go by there isn't.ย 
ย 

it clearly looks like the strategy is to weather the blowback and try to put the car back on the track.ย 
ย 

if another week or 2 goes by and Biden doesn't step down by then, then it will just be dumb speculation after that.ย 

2 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

is there a good possibility for replacement or is it just dumb speculation?

https://www.theblock.co/amp/post/302475/polymarket-bets-39-chance-that-biden-drops-out-of-2024-election
ย 

for what it is worth. ย 
ย 

But in reality, Biden is isolated and intent on maintaining power even if it means giving the presidency to Trump. ย It's interesting how the democrats have gone from the party to defeat Trump to the party of Biden's political ambitions. ย 

Damn, I never thought I'd ever say "based Brian Stelter" but here we are :bibliahh:ย 

Karine Jean-Pierre attaching her name to L after L after L :ahh:ย 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GhostBox said:

I mean there's a tiny possibility. But as more and more days go by there isn't.ย 
ย 

it clearly looks like the strategy is to weather the blowback and try to put the car back on the track.ย 
ย 

if another week or 2 goes by and Biden doesn't step down by then, then it will just be dumb speculation after that.ย 

CNN was reporting some top Democrats want him out by the end of the week. Plus Democrats are starting to go on the record that he should drop out. And we're getting leaks about Obama having concerns. I think Biden was never going to drop out right after the debate, but as time goes on he might accept he has lost the support of the party. Especially if a delegation of Schumer and co. goes to him and tells him it's over. Surely by then he will realize if he goes on he will be destroying his legacy and the Democrat Party.

Edited by midnightdawn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.