2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

8 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Wait. He did this AGAIN?! And EmptyBox still thinks he's fit for the presidency????? :bibliahh:

ย 

ย 

That's literally what you are supposed to do when quoting someone elseย ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

this isn't the dunk you think it is ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by GhostBox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

That's literally what you are supposed to do when quoting someone elseย ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

I dont know why they downvoted you, using "end of quote" is a common way to emphasize said quote.ย 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

That's literally what you are supposed to do when quoting someone ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

Your dude's brain is cooked. Seriously, give it up deelishis

ย 

God they need to 25 amendment this old ****, or impeach him or SOMETHING. ANYTHING. The fact that he's allowing his crackhead failson anywhere near the Oval Office is disqualifying.

I'll say this, Biden's campaign has been a tightly run ship. That is, until now. Constant leaks, constant negative press. It truely feels like the wheels have come off. If we start seeing multiple democrats come out in support of another candidate, Im not sure how Biden can remain in the race.ย 

This revisionist history on Pete I'm seeing here is wild to me. He barely won Iowa and on a technicality amidst the caucus chaos. This immediate transfer of primary voters to the general electorate here also needs to stop. White blue collar older men are not voting for a gay man. Neither are Latino or older black voters. Point blank.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

This revisionist history on Pete I'm seeing here is wild to me. He barely won Iowa and on a technicality amidst the caucus chaos. This immediate transfer of primary voters to the general electorate here also needs to stop. White blue collar older men are not voting for a gay man. Neither are Latino or older black voters. Point blank.

I agree.ย 
ย 

that's why I mentioned a Roy Cooper, Andy Beshear type of guy.ย 

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Yep, I think a gay POTUS is just too much for some people unfortunately.ย 

I was rewatching some old DNC videos and watched Beau Biden's speech.ย 
ย 

I do believe if he didn't die he would've been the Biden we would've seen running for president this decade ๐Ÿคท

Are the liberals going to decry Jared Golden as a traitor to democracy? Or is that reserved solely for the left?

ย 

ย 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Are the liberals going to decry Jared Golden as a traitor to democracy? Or is that reserved solely for the left?

ย 

ย 

Nope. That's exactly what's he's promoting himself tooย 

All these consistent visitors here now is wild to me :rip:ย Where the hell have y'all been :deadbanana:

ย 

I guess now the break glass moment is too obvious?

ย 

*Insert Meryl NOW A WARNING GIF *

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

ย 

ย 

He's another Red district democrat.ย 

ย 

To quote Nancy Pelosi: "Just Win Baby"

Betting sites starting to swing wildly to Kamala as the nomineeย 

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Your dude's brain is cooked. Seriously, give it up deelishis

Biden is never beating the Sleepy Joe allegations I fear

37 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Sadly, Biden is too selfish and will always put his own ego ahead of the country.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Do these betting sites have any predictive qualities? They are almost always wrong. These are people willing to gamble their money on politics, they are not the brightestย 

At least polls have some mathematics behind them, betting sites are as useful as a Twitter pollย 

58 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

He's another Red district democrat.ย 

ย 

To quote Nancy Pelosi: "Just Win Baby"

So it IS only a problem when the left does it. Cool, thanks for confirming :thing:ย 

• Like 1

So the only way Dems win the presidency is through succession out of a pity vote through Kamala if Joe dies as his family doesn't care about any donor overtures and successors are getting shived by their anonymous 2028 opponents then backtracking like Gretchen. Unless either Joe or Kamala is assassinated and/or Trump has a stroke from too many cheeseburgers.

ย 

It's the gaslighting and selfishness for me. Starting with Hunter being on some ****ing staff calls. I trust the advisors over the ****ing family at this point, which is scary. Starting with Anita Dunn despite my policy disagreements - but Zients needs to go, NOW.

ย 

And according to some polling, Kamala has even less of a chance so it'll purely be out of goodwill and shock.

ย 

Beyond that, the Senate's DOA and chances of a slim House majority are next to nil too with abortion referendums still being relied on too heavily to transfer over to down ballot candidates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Internal Dem polling has Buttigieg and Whitmer polling best in swing states, with Buttigieg polling best in 5 states, tied for best in 1 state, and in second place by .1% in 1 state. The only place he's a distant second is Michigan, but he's also the only person but Whitmer who gets past 50% there.ย 

ย 

Pete Buttigieg GIF

Buttigieg is the only one who the "untested" criticisms apply for. He collapsed in polling amongst black voters during the primary and leftists would be more than willing to re-air his past to already exploit a fissure from him pushing aside the first black female candidate for president.ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.