2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

19 minutes ago, Blade said:

Dumb question; why does this matter? Wasn't the payment instructed to be given before he was President? It couldn't have been an official act.

He signed checks to Cohen while in office. Somehow he will spin it as an official act and our friends in the Supreme Court will probably agree with himย :eli:

• Like 1

• Replies 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

There no way the left would be happy with Pete on the ticket ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

kamala is even pushing it for themย 

You are not trying to win the left, you are trying to win Michigan and Wisconsin. ย You have a far better chance of doing that with a midwesterner on the ticket than a Californian. ย Remember, Pete won Iowa in 2020. ย 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I agree.ย 
ย 

but the media now have a juicy story and they aren't gonna let it go easilyย 

The Trump campaign can just sit on their VP announcement while Dems spiral; it is just an absolute nightmare. At least there are four months until the election :toofunny3:

Kamala just isn't well liked. I'd prefer her to Biden obviously but based on a lot of focus groups voters of all backgrounds tend to be either ambivalent towards her or actively dislike her.ย 

7 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I agree.ย 
ย 

but the media now have a juicy story and they aren't gonna let it go easilyย 

Oh god yeah. They have so many losing their mind and freaking out over a debate and temporary polling drops. They have people right where they want them. I just stopped tuning in for now till people settle

• Like 1

Just now, If U Seek Amy said:

Oh god yeah. They have so many losing their mind and freaking out over a debate and temporary polling drops. They have people right where they want them. I just stopped tuning in for now till people settle

I knew multiple relatives on both sides of my family who are big Dems who either shut the debates off or had breakdowns watching it. It was absolutely awful and the gaslighting about it is not helping. It's not a media narrative.ย 

If Biden steps aside, I can't see anyone but Kamala being the nominee. Aside from the fact that the DNC will push it, I'm afraid it may just be logistically necessary. As part of the Biden campaign, she probably "inherits" all of his fundraising, mailing lists, donor lists, etc. Anybody else basically has to start from scratch I think.ย 
ย 

So the question is: Assuming that Kamala Harris becomes the Democratic nominee in the event of President Biden withdrawing from the race, should Biden ย simply decline the nomination, or would it be beneficial for him to actually retire from office immediatelyโ€”enabling Harris to run as an incumbent president? I think the latter may be the better move; nothing would benefit Harris as a candidate more than a few months of actually demonstrating that she can be President.ย 

4 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

ย 

they have started tripping themselves lately though so who knows.ย 

2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

If Biden steps aside, I can't see anyone but Kamala being the nominee. Aside from the fact that the DNC will push it, I'm afraid it may just be logistically necessary. As part of the Biden campaign, she probably "inherits" all of his fundraising, mailing lists, donor lists, etc. Anybody else basically has to start from scratch I think.ย 
ย 

So the question is: Assuming that Kamala Harris becomes the Democratic nominee in the event of President Biden withdrawing from the race, should Biden ย simply decline the nomination, or would it be beneficial for him to actually retire from office immediatelyโ€”enabling Harris to run as an incumbent president? I think the latter may be the better move; nothing would benefit Harris as a candidate more than a few months of actually demonstrating that she can be President.ย 

I can't see Biden resigning from the presidency. The only President that has resigned is Nixon, he does not want to be associated with him. Biden wants to end his career with "dignity"ย 

• Like 1

Internal Dem polling has Buttigieg and Whitmer polling best in swing states, with Buttigieg polling best in 5 states, tied for best in 1 state, and in second place by .1% in 1 state. The only place he's a distant second is Michigan, but he's also the only person but Whitmer who gets past 50% there.ย 

ย 

Pete Buttigieg GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

they have started tripping themselves lately though so who knows.ย 

I thought people learned a little more media literacy by now but clearly not. People will call the media so many names for being idiots. Then blindly believe and follow them when it suits them regardless of truth and it's so funny. Their primary goal is money people. Not truth ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ok I think I'm done playing along with the what if's for today.

ย 

The truth is that it's more than likely Biden stays the nominee and that's it. Biden vs trump.ย 
ย 

๐Ÿคท

• Like 1

It would be so fun to have a gay President from a red state in the Oval Office when SCOTUS overturns Obergefell.ย :monkey:

• Haha 1

One of Biden's closest advisors is a convicted felon. But yeah, he's bringing dignity to the White House

ย 

ย 

21 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

ย 

Not the plot of Veep

16 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

One of Biden's closest advisors is a convicted felon. But yeah, he's bringing dignity to the White House

ย 

ย 

ย 

This sounds and reads like another fake story.

they (the WhiteHouse) did say however say he helped Biden prep/write his speech he gave last night. I don't see how that would be anything bad.ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by GhostBox

9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

ย 

ย 

We might really need to discuss if Jill and Hunter are risking our country for their own personal gains

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

We might really need to discuss if Jill and Hunter are risking our country for their own personal gains

Shame on the Biden family. Bunch of enablers.ย 

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

This sounds and reads like another fake story.

they did say he helped Biden write his speech he gave last night. I don't see how that would be anything bad.ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚

How? This sounds exactly like something Biden would do :skull:

ย 

At this point it seems like he has retreated to only trusting his family for advice, and they're all elder abuse enablers

Wait. He did this AGAIN?! And EmptyBox still thinks he's fit for the presidency????? :bibliahh:

ย 

ย 

there goes the entire Democrats talking point that Hunter isn't being elected. If he's now de facto part of this administration this is a huge ****ing problem.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

of course they are certainly with the latter not sure there's much to discuss

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.