2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

AOC will be 35 in October. Just put her on a debate stage with Trump. She'll look young, fresh, and can drive turnout among minorities and young people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

AOC will be 35 in October. Just put her on a debate stage with Trump. She'll look young, fresh, and can drive turnout among minorities and young people.

AOC will never be a nominee in any national contest. She'll be lucky to even win a statewide race with how New York Dems are shunning progressives (see: Bowman for an example)

8 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

Are you telling us not to believe our eyes? :skull:Β Anyone can see Biden is unwell.Β Even Biden supporters will admit that.Β 

No one is denying he has some health issues, I just pointing that media is exaggerating and basically using same strategy and slogans - "allies are hysterical, donors decided behind closed doors etc"Β :gaycat2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

39 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

:hoetenks:

I got something similar from a different group yesterday my RoboKiller didn't catch. I answered their survey disagreeing with their premise of a write-in being a vote for Trump, then they asked for money and I closed out and blocked the number. :coffee2:Β 

• Like 2

This POLITICO article is... BrutalΒ :skull:Β I'd recommend you to take a look on it.

Β 

'We've all enabled the situation': Dems turn on Biden's inner sanctum post debate

The senior team's management of Biden has grown more strictly controlled as his term has gone on.

Β 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/02/biden-campaign-debate-inner-circle-00166160

14 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

This POLITICO article is... BrutalΒ :skull:Β I'd recommend you to take a look on it.

Β 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/02/biden-campaign-debate-inner-circle-00166160

We've been discussing it. Lemire's been giving the best quotes on social media already prior to release so none of this is surprising.

Β 

The family vs. the advisers, the kid gloves, Gretchen doing damage control publicly for private comments, 2028 rivals trying to take her out early.

Β 

The only glaring asterisk missing from this piece is any comment on Kamala's feelings about being completely ignored, abysmal polling aside.

Β 

If anything it makes me buy the allegations elsewhere of her fury for it.

32 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Β 

'We've all enabled the situation': Dems turn on Biden's inner sanctum post debate

The senior team's management of Biden has grown more strictly controlled as his term has gone on.

Β 

AP

"The fact is, there wasn't an open dialogue about whether he should run except for the people who would benefit from him running," said a Democratic operative close to the campaign. They described the inner circle, Donilon especially, as convinced "that this was going to be about Trump, not about Biden, and at the end of the day, people just wouldn't vote for Trump. But here we are, we're sitting in July, and the race is about Biden, and it's about a trait you can't fix."

Just an absolutely damning piece

28 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Β 

The way the SCOTUS stuff yesterday buried this is a shame. I read over the grand jury documents last night and it was heartbreaking.Β 

• Thanks 1

Anyone other US ATRLers not in the mood to celebrate the 4th of July at all this year? I am not feeling proud of my country at all, in fact I'm rather ashamed of it right now.

• Like 1

This whole situation is horrifying but also fascinating. A rapidly mentally declining President being pushed to go on by his ambitious family who have covered up his mental state... a VP who is desperate to take over but also trying to come across as completely uninterested while having little support from voters, the Governors circling and wanting the President to stand down as the nominee while they publicly support him and each try to undermine each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

You can't say that it's too late to replace Biden, but not too late to rehabilitate Biden before November. Either we must lose with Biden or we must risk it with a new candidate and have a chance at winning.

I sure can say that. Replacing Biden would be a nightmare both in terms of finances and optics, and would arguably be undemocratic. As far as I know, only Kamala as a replacement would be able to access the hundreds of millions they've raised for the presidential campaign, and very few people seem to be suggesting Kamala be the new candidate. And any other candidate picked by the DNC would risk alienating large swaths of the Democratic base for effectively a) passing over a woman of color for the spot, and b) installing a candidate nobody voted for on the whims of the party elite.

Β 

Voters' memories are fickle and the election is still four months away β€” this debate performance can easily blow over, and honestly debates don't matter as much as you think they do anyway. Reagan had dementia by the end of his first term and still won 49 of 50 states (!!!!).

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

for better or worse, Lichtman is right. Biden is not fit to be president and he wasn't fit to be president in 2020 either, but unfortunately this is the hand we've been dealt. There's no re-dealing now.

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Anyone other US ATRLers not in the mood to celebrate the 4th of July at all this year? I am not feeling proud of my country at all, in fact I'm rather ashamed of it right now.

I've never really used July 4th to celebrate America. I mostly just use it as an excuse to look at fireworks and hang out with friends.

32 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

I'm flying to an enormous Pakistani Islam wedding in Salt Lake City tomorrow I'm dreading where politics are off the table and the mother of the bride doesn't know the husband is a divorcee. So no, I don't give a ****. :rip:Β Which is rare for me, honestly.

No surprise. The Biden administration won't do anything to combat this SC decision because they want to use it as a motivation to get people to think it's H-O-T-T-O-V-O-T-E! Pathetic, dangerous and will completely backfire on them.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.