2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

You know if the public really cares about this Supreme Court case and basically the supreme court being a political arm of the Trump camp now there would be protesting at the court. It's why the justices keep getting away with their behavior. There's no push back from the public.Β 
Β 

but the overall public is just so tired of it all everyone shrugs and moves on.Β 

Edited by GhostBox

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

You know if the public really cares about this Supreme Court case and basically the super court being a political arm of the Trump camp now there would be protesting at the court. It's why the justices keep getting away with their behavior. There's no push back from the public.Β 
Β 

but the overall public is just so tired of it all everyone shrugs and moves on.Β 

They know the Democrats won't fight for them, so there's nothing to fight for. The Democrats have promised that the only remedy for this is to elect more Democrats, and that's becoming less and less likely of a solution as time goes on with Joe Biden as president.

• Like 4

L after L

Β 

Also I need someone to test Hunter for crack if he and Jill are the top people convincing Biden to stay in the race.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

I remember being mocked for suggesting that Biden was such a bad president that he could lose the popular vote this time around.

Β 

Β 

-4 in national polling looks like a massive bloodbath. Especially since polls tend to be biased in favor of Democrats.

Edited by ClashAndBurn
  • Like 2

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

I remember be mocked for suggesting that Biden was such a bad president that he could lose the popular vote this time around.

Β 

Β 

-4 in national polling looks like a massive bloodbath. Especially since polls tend to be biased in favor of Democrats.

This poll was +6 Trump in their last poll H2H so wouldnt a +4 trump be an improvement for Biden?Β 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Β 

Does it sound familiar?

Β 

Β 

Now they basically doing the same to BidenΒ :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

I personally believe Biden resigning, dropping out the race and fully endorsing a Harris/Whitmer ticket would give Dems the edge leading up to the election. The history of it all would dominate the news cycle and drown out any Trump court noise, especially after today's SC decision pretty much made him immune anyway. Yeah it'll be risky because is America reallyΒ ready to nominate a woman President and VP? Either way it's a risk worth taking considering Biden's disastrous debate performance. Thursday's performance certainly wasn't a one off and there's literally nothing they can do to restore confidence in his mental acuity because if there were they woulda done it by now. Dems losing the White House and possibly Congress would be solely on Biden and his families hands if he stays in this and loses.Β 

1 hour ago, Gottasadae said:

Does it sound familiar?

Β 

Β 

Now they basically doing the same to BidenΒ :giraffe:

Are you telling us not to believe our eyes? :skull:Β Anyone can see Biden is unwell.Β Even Biden supporters will admit that.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GhostBox said:

You know if the public really cares about this Supreme Court case-

They don't. Most politicking is abstract organizing removed from the daily lives of your average person and their material reality.

Β 

People largely don't care about elections, governance, judicial review and overreach, etc. These are niches topics intelligentsia form cultural identities over.

Β 

People care about paying their bills, being able to go to the doctor and afford medicine, having a roof over their head and their needs met, etc.

Elected officials get into office based on how people perceive they're doing those things and yet very few Democrat electeds seem to actually want to do something about political organizations or cohorts like partisan courts who sabotage their efforts to pass legislation or issue executive authority and change people's perceptions.

Β 

Like "I will respect the limits of the powers I have" GIRL SHUT THE **** UP AND CALL ON THE DRONES!!!

Β 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

Biden dropping out now would be an even bigger clusterfuck than the current situation is, sadly. The time for him to bow out has passed.

Β 

It's hard to say whether Biden will have any more public episodes like that before the election but if not (and I'm sure that aside from the debates Biden's public appearances will be far more stringently controlled now) but if not I think he can weather this storm

22 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Biden dropping out now would be an even bigger clusterfuck than the current situation is, sadly. The time for him to bow out has passed.

Β 

It's hard to say whether Biden will have any more public episodes like that before the election but if not (and I'm sure that aside from the debates Biden's public appearances will be far more stringently controlled now) but if not I think he can weather this storm

Leaks from aides have indicated that he's usually like that behind closed doors, and only expresses mental acuity whenever meetings are on issues of national security (read: making sure Israel's genocide stays funded). :celestial5:

Β 

I fully expect the next debate to be an even bigger trainwreck. What we got today with Teleprompter Biden is the best it's going to get (and even that doesn't inspire confidence)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bamboo said:

November is still eons away in political timeline.

That's why there is still time for a new candidate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sazare said:

Β 

You can't say that it's too late to replace Biden, but not too late to rehabilitate Biden before November. Either we must lose with Biden or we must risk it with a new candidate and have a chance at winning.

• Like 2

Even New Mexico's getting down to swing state territory. I mean… it seems over…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Even New Mexico's getting down to swing state territory. I mean… it seems over…

:rip:

4 hours ago, dman4life said:

I personally believe Biden resigning, dropping out the race and fully endorsing a Harris/Whitmer ticket would give Dems the edge leading up to the election. The history of it all would dominate the news cycle and drown out any Trump court noise, especially after today's SC decision pretty much made him immune anyway. Yeah it'll be risky because is America reallyΒ ready to nominate a woman President and VP? Either way it's a risk worth taking considering Biden's disastrous debate performance. Thursday's performance certainly wasn't a one off and there's literally nothing they can do to restore confidence in his mental acuity because if there were they woulda done it by now. Dems losing the White House and possibly Congress would be solely on Biden and his families hands if he stays in this and loses.Β 

What frustrates me is the writing is on the wall. Biden will lose in November, Trump will be elected again and it will be a down ballot slaughter for the dems because of Biden and his ego. The dems have come to a point where they have nothing to lose and a last minute Hail Mary by replacing Biden with either Whitmer, Newsom and hell even Harris couldn't be any worse than keeping Biden on the ballot. They either lose or lose worser but at least they get a fighting chance with someone who is younger, energetic and try to rally the base leading up to the election instead of dressing up a corpse and moving him with strings.

Β 

But of course this is the Democratic Party that does **** all and would rather sit on their hands to maintain the status quo.

At some point dems have to look at the crisis we're in and do more than continuously bringing a knife to a gun fight

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.