2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

the democratic party is so ludicrous for pushing biden forward still LORD i have the worst secondhand embarrassment for the states rnย :gaycat7:

• Like 1

Sigh. We really need a maximum age for our leaders.ย 

7 minutes ago, Espresso said:

ย 

I wish Biden would demonstrate some decisiveness. Give us something more than "Trump is a felon and he can't be elected." What are you willing to do about this corrupt court?ย 

It actually disgusts me how successful the Trump campaign has been at increasing support in underrepresented groups like it's actually so embarrassingย 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selegend said:

exactly!!!!! comparing this kind of controversy with pre-social media ones is not it.ย 

it won't go away, we are remembered about it everyday and i'm brazilian, i'm not even from the USA, can't even imagine how u guys are remembered of it 24/7.ย 

ย 

the day people will mark their ballots they will for sure remember that Biden is not mentally capable of the job.ย 

there is no difference. the only thing social media does is moves communication fasterย 

ย 

this was the least watched presidential debate in recent timesโ€ฆ people barely saw itโ€ฆ most people only seen shorts from social mediaย 

ย 

y'all need to be schooled on how marketing works these daysโ€ฆ i'm sure the biden administration is going to cut hundreds of shorts in the next coming weeks and y'all going to watch it not once not twice but replay these shorts to the max because they have more content to target audiences trump lacksย 

ย 

watch and learn and don't be surprised when biden goes up in the "polls" y'all talk aboutย 

6 minutes ago, choerry said:

I wish Biden would demonstrate some decisiveness. Give us something more than "Trump is a felon and he can't be elected." What are you willing to do about this corrupt court?ย 

ย 

meanwhileย 

ย 

ย 

• Haha 1

I still buy Jonathan Martin's reporting that was at the heart of that Daily Beast piece. There are other Democrats looking to take Gretchen out at the knees early, and damaging her connections with the Biden network early is a key way to start. Was the quote probably exaggerated? Sure. But where there's smoke there's fire.

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

ย 

meanwhileย 

ย 

ย 

Let's just say this is true.ย 
if Biden stays the nomineeย 

ย 

that's still Better than Trump ๐Ÿซก

Edited by GhostBox

2 minutes ago, KKW said:

It actually disgusts me how successful the Trump campaign has been at increasing support in underrepresented groups like it's actually so embarrassingย 

I think this is a symptom of the democrats being unwilling to offer a vision for the future. ย People are upset with the current state of things and Trump is at least offering a vision of things that are different. ย 
ย 

I could sit here and talk till I'm blue in the face about how Trump's policies are actually pretty bad, for the economy and country. ย I could also tell you how generally the economy is better under democrats. ย However I cannot tell you to trust the democrats because they are fundamentally not offering any hope that they will be the change that people are seeking. ย 

35 minutes ago, Bloo said:

This is simply not true? If Wisconsin went red in 2020 and everything else stayed the same, Biden still would have won.ย 

The thing is, you would then need Az, NC, or GA and the situations there are pretty dire. ย Also, if you are losing WI, it's likely you are also losing MI and then would need to pick up another large state. ย 
ย 

So the fact of the matter is, while it is theoretically speaking possible, practically speaking, there is not a road to the WH without Wisconsin. ย 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

The thing is, you would then need Az, NC, or GA and the situations there are pretty dire. ย Also, if you are losing WI, it's likely you are also losing MI and then would need to pick up another large state. ย 
ย 

So the fact of the matter is, while it is theoretically speaking possible, practically speaking, there is not a road to the WH without Wisconsin. ย 

Saying WI is an important state because, historically, it is so reliable for Dems is different from saying it isย required. Given the original conversation was about how it's not worth considering new candidates because WI is required to win and WI has already printed ballots... this just is a bad argument. That's all.

30 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

The sudden silence from the usualsย :clap3::clap3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.