2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

4 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Let's be honest. Donald Trump is going to win.ย 

I can't predict that with 100% certainty. I don't think anyone can at this point.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

The argument that Biden is the best option for beating Trump has NEVER held ground and it certainly doesn't hold ground today.ย 

Edited by nadiamendell
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I can't predict that with 100% certainty. I don't think anyone can at this point.ย 

Nobody can predict anything like this with 100% certainty. Someone could be ahead by 98 points and we still wouldn't know for certain. That being said, the writing is on the wall.ย 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

but they are all doing the same basically against him. That's before any campaign against them begins and all of their dirty laundry is aired.ย 
ย 

I could see if we had proof of a candidate being ahead 5-10 points on Trump right now. But there isn't anyone who is.ย 

if anyone wants to realistically take Biden off the ticket Harris is the only logical choice. Shes the VP. She can also use the Biden team's infrastructure and cash. The others can't.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by GhostBox

11 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Nobody can predict anything like this with 100% certainty. Someone could be ahead by 98 points and we still wouldn't know for certain. That being said, the writing is on the wall.ย 

It's absolutely dire for Joe Biden and anyone arguing otherwise is full of ****.ย 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

demonstrators-outside-a-hamptons-fundrai

Demonstrators hold signs outside of a fundraiser for US President Joe Biden in East Hampton, New York, US, on Saturday, June 29, 2024. President Biden told deep-pocketed donors in New York's Hamptons that he acknowledges worries about his debate performance against Donald Trump, and he vowed to stick with his reelection bid. Photographer: Amanda L. Gordon/Bloomberg via Getty Images

ย 

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/demonstrators-hold-signs-outside-of-a-fundraiser-for-us-news-photo/2159249674?adppopup=true

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

...why would they send this out?ย :rip:

ย 

ย 

44 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It's absolutely dire for Joe Biden and anyone arguing otherwise is full of ****.ย 

Again I guess we will see ๐Ÿคท

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

:redface:

4 hours ago, GhostBox said:

Again surprisingly not as awful as one would expect ๐Ÿ’€

5%???? Dems have to be +3 to win EC. This is catastrophicย 

Their brainwash propaganda is yuck

5 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

ย 

The shocking thing is I actually think RFK could get more than 10% with these horrible candidates. It sucks that Stein and West aren't on a single ticket.ย 

I honestly think "some self important podcaster" is just another way of saying "your cousin who has a podcast with 5 listeners because everyone has a podcast these days".

it's actually wild that these conversations are only happening now four months before election day and not back in 2020, the DNC is so ******* uselessย :ace:

Edited by sunbathinganimal
  • Like 1

I don't say this lightly... the team of people who attempted to hide the President's obvious dementia from the voters, rigged the primary to block any challenger, planted press stories claiming that he's mentally sharper than ever, in order to ram throughย four more yearsย with an 82 year old in rapid decline. Everyone who took part in perpetrating this ruse is un-American/anti-democracy and borderline treasonous.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Communion said:

...why would they send this out?ย :rip:

ย 

ย 

Lmaooooo did they not think before they sent this out?

There is a huge team of staffers and elected officials who attempted to hide the President's obvious dementia from the voters, rigged the primary to block any challenger, planted press stories claiming that he's in perfect mental fitness, in order to ram throughย four more yearsย in power with an 82 year old in rapid decline leading the free world. This may sound extreme, but everyone who took part in perpetrating this ruse is un-American/anti-democracy and borderline treasonous.

ย 
  • Thanks 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.