2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

Just now, Trent W said:

People who are voting for Trump will do

ย 

The problem is that most people who voted for Biden in 2020 probably won't

Why? Trumps policies are still as chaotic as every especially regarding womens healthcare and taxes. He would 100% push for a national abortion ban and has openly stated that he wants to make even MORE tax cuts for the rich. :deadbanana2:You think people dont care about their own health?ย 

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be that person - nor get ahead of myself as I'm only on page 932 andย  maybe Joe will somehow find a way to sneak a Ricola between commercial breaks - but as I'm catching up reading the thread and seeing clips on social media...

ย 

....I can safely assume that suddenly my 4 years of yapping wrt "please dear god pick someone else, pick someone else..." suddenly doesn't seem so ridiculous now? Oh?

ย 

The prophetess is truly never believed for ha visions, huh.

ย 

:suburban:

• Haha 9

Just now, chessguy99 said:

More likely they will just skip the top of the ballot. I could see this election having the largest difference in the number of voters casting a ballot and the number of votes cast for President/Vice President in US election history.

That makes NO sense. If you are voting to save your healthcare rights as a woman why wouldn't you vote for the person who is vowing to protect and codify those rights? :skull:ย 

I'm so ready for another vice presidential debate though, Kamala is totally in her element when it comes to standing her ground, speaking eloquently on the issues and making her stances crystal fuckin clear

The Trump VP pick will be read for filth

ย 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Wrong framing. Comes down to the 2-3% that studies have proven may swing from this first debate, particularly independents. And not even to Trump, but simply to not vote at all.

but there are so many factors that affect this election that havent be present before. 2 incumbents, age factors, ONE is a twice impeached convicted Felon (yes that does matter to independents), an attempted insurrection and so much more. Its not the same at all.ย 

Just now, Onyxmage said:

Why? Trumps policies are still as chaotic as every especially regarding womens healthcare and taxes. He would 100% push for a national abortion ban and has openly stated that he wants to make even MORE tax cuts for the rich. :deadbanana2:You think people dont care about their own health?ย 

People who vote for Trump are brainrot, they think Trump will boost the economy and most republicans don't care about their health

ย 

Biden is unfit to be running, he can't even put a sentence or paragraph coherentlyย 

ย 

They need to replace him soon.ย 
ย 

Anyone, anything is better than Biden.

ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I'm so ready for another vice presidential debate though, Kamala is totally in her element when it comes to standing her ground, speaking eloquently on the issues and making her stances crystal fuckin clear

The Trump VP pick will be read for filth

ย 

spacer.png

She is great at debating.ย 

2 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

did I read Jamaal Bowmanย :chick2:

ย 

ย 

Re-read girl...

ย 

It's a read on both Bowman and Bidenย :gaycat2:

Daniel Dale's bullet train lists always have me on the floor.

ย 

Can the producers give him ****ing TIME to not sound like a auctioneer?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trent W said:

People who vote for Trump are brainrot, they think Trump will boost the economy and most republicans don't care about their health

ย 

Biden is unfit to be running, he can't even put a sentence or paragraph coherentlyย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thats an absolute lie. This is actually really ridiculous. He actually tries to answer question seriously and thoughtfully. Not that anyone here cares. :ace:ย 

Edited by Onyxmage

Just now, Onyxmage said:

Thats an absolute lie. This is actually really ridiculous. He actually tries to answer question seriously and thoughtfully. Not that anyone here care. :ace:ย 

Trying vs Being able is the real problem here

Marco Rubio: "What did Trump have to do with covid?"

ย 

EVERYTHING YOU IDIOT.ย :dies:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Trump VP pick will be vulnerable just based on their own words alone, almost everyone in his shortlist has a long history of being anti-Trump and now twists themselves into pretzels to kiss his ass

ย 

can't wait to see how Kamala approaches that hot potato

ย 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

That makes NO sense. If you are voting to save your healthcare rights as a woman why wouldn't you vote for the person who is vowing to protect and codify those rights? :skull:ย 

Actually, the president has very little to do with that. That's the job of Congress and in the over 50 years since the Roe v Wade decision, they failed to do that. And you know why they fail? They failed because the Democrats wanted to have the issue to drag out and promote when they needed support.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, chessguy99 said:

Actually, the president has very little to do with that. That's the job of Congress and in the over 50 years since the Roe v Wade decision, they failed to do that. And you know why they fail? They failed because the Democrats wanted to have the issue to drag out and promote when they needed support.

I mean, Democrats told us they couldn't codify it when they had a majority in the House, the Senate, and the White House. When they had a super majority in the Senate in 2009, they still said that wasn't enough to codify it. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Trump so calm and collected.

ย 

Biden sounding like he has Netanyahu's cock stuck in his throat.

ย 

Ghostbox working overtime right now :bibliahh:

LMFAOOOOO

17 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Nevada already has ballots printed if I'm not mistaken. I suppose that's irrelevant at this point.

They probably have provisions in their election laws for making changes upto a certain date. August 7th is that certain date in Ohio and I believe it is the earliest date where there is a hard cutoff date.ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.