2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so surprised at CNN being so honest for once. And to Kamala's face. She is DIVERTING HARD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Say what you will about Kamala but she can argue the sky is green and I'd believe her

ย 

a PROFESSIONAL

ย 

spacer.png

• Haha 13

Just now, ZeroSuitBritney said:

I am so surprised at CNN being so honest for once. And to Kamala's face. She is DIVERTING HARD.

She's making sense though.ย  Why trash the president for one debate performance?ย  She's looking at the bigger picture and making a very stark distinction between the candidates and what's at stake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't know girls, at this point I think I'm even willing to roll the dice with Mama K #ImWithHer

ย 

ย 

• Haha 3

I'm not sure what people want Kamala to say. They want her to say Biden is too old and she won't do that.ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

If Biden does still run and wins shewย 

ย 

what a comeback that will beย 

Even if Dems will replace him at Convention with Kamala, Whitmer, Newson etc - it's a landslide easy win for Trumpย :giraffe:ย At this point, only Hillary or old pal Bernie have a better chances to put down an orange con artist, that's itย :gaycat2:ย 

Pretty much I would let Joe Biden know that she is a senile candidate, and, um the debate performance that she gave me was not something that I would particularly wantย for myself. They were an old MAIDEN type of candidate, and she said that that debate was meant to be worthy of a qualified president.ย  So if that is the case she should have gone to the retirement homeย ย and she should have never even debated, because she was UNQUALIFIED to be president if that's the case. and, um I think that Joe is just a disgrace. She's a disgrace to democrats who are actually competent and cognizant and, um she just doesn't have the future life expectancy she thinks she possesses. Somebody lied to her several times and told her that she was young, coherent and lively and responsive,ย and she's nothing like that, she's nothing of the sort.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Tovitov said:

I'm not sure what people want Kamala to say. They want her to say Biden is too old and she won't do that.ย 

She's a real one, a ride-or-die.ย :clap3:

Democrats have until August 7th to figure out what they want to do. Ohio requires national parties to name their president and vice president candidates by that date.

Kamala's last blurb talking about our NATO accomplishments like any normal American gives a **** about that :deadbanana4:

ย 

She left off on the worst possible note.

• Like 1

Just now, chessguy99 said:

Democrats have until August 7th to figure out what they want to do. Ohio requires national parties to name their president and vice president candidates by that date.

Nevada already has ballots printed if I'm not mistaken. I suppose that's irrelevant at this point.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Communion said:

I don't know girls, at this point I think I'm even willing to roll the dice with Mama K #ImWithHer

ย 

ย 

Kamala would have arrested Trump on stage. #ImWithHer

• Haha 4

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Onyxmage said:

Do y'all really think this debate is gonna make people run to the polls for Trump? :dies:

Is this your first election? The concern for Democrats is that voters will lose incentive to turn out and vote, which is historically how they lose.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Onyxmage said:

Do y'all really think this debate is gonna make people run to the polls for Trump? :dies:

People who are voting for Trump will do

ย 

The problem is that most people who voted for Biden in 2020 probably won't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Onyxmage said:

Wrong framing. Comes down to the 2-3% that studies have proven may swing from this first debate, particularly independents. And not even to Trump, but simply to not vote at all.

• Thanks 1

I will literally laugh so hard if him bombing actually gets the swap out like everyone wanted

Just now, Onyxmage said:

More likely they will just skip the top of the ballot. I could see this election having the largest difference in the number of voters casting a ballot and the number of votes cast for President/Vice President in US election history.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.