2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Sunny's friends with Van :deadbanana:

I don't think they actually are anymore.ย  His last appearance on The View was very tense.ย  Sunny, Joy, and Ana all cooked him live on the air.ย :deadbanana4:

• Replies 24.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

Biden saying Trump's tax cuts were bad isย notย thought-provoking and no one will remember it. He's not wrong. But, you cannot honestly think it was a moment of deep, rigorous political rhetoric.

Actually I do because Trump was saying that he has done MORE for the middle class than Biden ever did. Biden hit back that Trumps tax cuts for the rich actually hurt the middle class severely. I guess I was the only person actually listening to what they were saying.ย 

The average voter isn't going to be swayed by even the most well-researched and thought-provoking response if it's delivered via death rattle, and that's what Biden was giving for most of the debate.

Biden's responses having more actual substance than Trump's just means he cleared a bar that's basically underground.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BeenTheShit said:

I don't think they actually are anymore.ย  His last appearance on The View was very tense.ย  Sunny, Joy, and Ana all cooked him live on the air.ย :deadbanana4:

I missed that :deadvision:

people will still vote for biden even if he's in a bed or killed someone in the middle of the streetโ€ฆ.

ย 

the truth is that people hate trump! and will vote for biden regardlessย 

ย 

bye bye trump!ย 

• Like 4

Usually debates don't really move any needles but the juxtaposition between the two was so crystal clear that I do think independents/undecided voters will either be swayed over to Trump or just sit out this election.ย 

ย 

Its-Joever-meme-7h368t.jpg

Edited by bad guy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Biden coming to his watch party pumped up and strong voiced. And still there talking selfies with people an hour later ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

come on Joeย 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ALKJSDHFLASKDJFHLKAS GIRL

Just now, mig123 said:

people will still vote for biden even if he's in a bed or killed someone in the middle of the streetโ€ฆ.

ย 

the truth is that people hate trump! and will vote for biden regardlessย 

ย 

bye bye trump!ย 

Wait, why is this giving Russian bot response.

• Haha 1

Who needs to lift the party when there are films to produce and books to publish? (Goes for Hillary, too, although even she feels oddly more "politically active" than the Obamas these days).

Edited by Achilles.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Actually I do because Trump was saying that he has done MORE for the middle class than Biden ever did. Biden hit back that Trumps tax cuts for the rich actually hurt the middle class severely. I guess I was the only person actually listening to what they were saying.ย 

You weren't. But this is basic political bickering. It's nothing people will remember.

ย 

Compare this to Hillary Clinton's debates against Trump in 2016 and there's no comparison. She was much stronger and had much more memorable moments and attacks against Trump. I'm not sure how many political debates you watch, but this is one that will be quickly forgotten about aside from Biden's poor performance.

This "sudden" panic narrative is so funny cause most of us have been panicking for over a year now

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

So we should just throw our own country away over a conflict between Israel and Palestine?

:cm:

ย 

Pragmatically, would you rather have a genocide or a genocide (with more support)ย AND for the destruction of civil rights and democracy in the country you live in? We can play theoreticals all day, but that is the choice given to voters as of now.

ย 

Sorry that some of us don't want our lives, the lives of various minority groups, and for decades of social progress to be ruined because of virtue signaling over a conflict on another continent that would have the same basic outcome regardless of the candidate.ย 

ย 

Whats happening in Palestine is a tradegy, but letting America collapse isn't going to fix it, and shaming people who don't want that in the country they live in and vote accordingly isn't going to make them vote against their own lives, or make them put an atrocity in another country over an impending atrocity in their own home.

ย 

If someone put a gun to your head and gave you the option of A. They shoot the person next to you or B. They shoot you and the person next to you, I'd hope some of ya'll would understand the difference.ย 

• Like 2

Just now, Bloo said:

You weren't. But this is basic political bickering. It's nothing people will remember.

ย 

Compare this to Hillary Clinton's debates against Trump in 2016 and there's no comparison. She was much stronger and had much more memorable moments and attacks against Trump. I'm not sure how many political debates you watch, but this is one that will be quickly forgotten about aside from Biden's poor performance.

Right because the debates in 2020 really shaped the entire election. :dies:

Just now, Bloo said:

ย 

Hillary absolutely wiped the floor with Trump in the first debate. Seriously, Trump's performance was one of the worst in debate history....closely followed by Biden tonightย :gaycat7:

1 minute ago, Orsay said:

OMG Kammie's on!!!

What's she sayingย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.